Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 141's Brock Lesnar Hit With Charges for Hunting Violations

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,983-1,102
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
If you know anything about Brock Lesnar, you know the man loves to hunt. Unfortunately, it looks like he didn't exactly follow the rules on a recent trip to Canada for a hunting trip and now faces charges along with his guide for not following a few hunting laws.

Slam! Sports with the report:

The burly fighter failed to properly tag at least one of two animals his party had shot - a white tail and a mule deer, said Darcy Whiteside, spokesman for Alberta Sustainable Resource Development.

"They shot an animal and didn't tag it," said Whiteside.

His guide and Albertan Chad Stryker, who was allegedly accompanying the celebrity, is also charged with the offences - unlawful possession of wildlife, abandon/wastage of the edible flesh of big game, and after killing wildlife, failure to immediately affix tag.

The alleged offences occurred over several days in mid November on a grazing reserve near Manyberries.

"In plain language, it would be considered poaching," said Whiteside.

LINK

Post #1   12/16/11 4:10:12PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Venison >>> Horse Meat

Post #2   12/16/11 4:50:39PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,136-1,243
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Venison >>> Horse Meat

he was huntin' him some Overeem

Post #3   12/16/11 5:37:02PM   

Darnok

Heavyweight Chump

Darnok Avatar

Career:1,503-1,200
Camp: The Puddle
Chips:
Those damn CO's are meaner than the cops up here.

Shouldn't Brock have been training instead of hunting.

Post #4   12/16/11 6:22:33PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,364-1,587
Chips:
I can't stand it when people think they are above the law. There are "tag" laws for a reason. Apparently he could care less about CONSERVATION. If every hunter took as many deer as they desired there would be no deer left. If there were no deer left the hunters would have to sit home with their thumbs up their a$$. Not to mention the ecosystem would be altered in a very negative way. I used to respect Lesnar....that is now gone.

Post #5   12/16/11 8:48:24PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:
good thing he didnt get sick again cuz apparently our health care system blows, according to Brock

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #6   12/16/11 8:54:24PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,618-946
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

I can't stand it when people think they are above the law. There are "tag" laws for a reason. Apparently he could care less about CONSERVATION. If every hunter took as many deer as they desired there would be no deer left. If there were no deer left the hunters would have to sit home with their thumbs up their a$$. Not to mention the ecosystem would be altered in a very negative way. I used to respect Lesnar....that is now gone.

Wow... you're really anti-poaching, huh?

I get that he screwed up but there's no reason to get all bent out of shape. I doubt he considers himself "above the law."

Post #7   12/16/11 10:10:59PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:3,003-1,643
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by Sir_Karl

Wow... you're really anti-poaching, huh?

I get that he screwed up but there's no reason to get all bent out of shape. I doubt he considers himself "above the law."

Besides, isn't it still "allegedly"? Seems about 50% of the time these stories originate from a non-MMA news source, something gets lost along the way.

Post #8   12/16/11 10:44:07PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,810-1,780
Chips:
Most likely with a hired professional guide, being in a foreign country and most likely not even fully aware of the differences in laws he wont even be really brought up on charges. It could not even remotely be poaching from what is written in the article either, that was a bad analogy made by someone to help create a story/headline off of Brock's name IMO. The deer he was,hunting is also the most plentiful types in all of Northern America. At most he will have to make an appearance and pay a small fine, recieve a warning to tag his kills a little quicker.....you are acting like he was de-horning rhinos, MULE DEER BRO!

Post #9   12/17/11 12:15:33AM   

supatolacyl

MMA Regular

supatolacyl Avatar

Career:1,157-897
Chips:
I love how the story starts " the burly fighter failed to tag atleast one of two animals that HIS HUNTING PARTY harvested" not word for word, but the misleading parts are that his hunting party means that one of the 3 guys there killed the 2nd deer, but from what i read it never states that Brock was the one who shot the other deer. My guess is that the group only had tags for one spieces ethier whitetail or muledeer and one of them shot the wrong type, granted thats just speculation and if true, Brock being an avid hunter (hell all deer hunters for that matter) would know the difference between the two. Maybe the third guy with brock and his guide didn't know the difference. So, no need to damn the man before there is any definitive proof of who killed the untaged deer. Just my opinion which isn't worth much. On a side note you never leave a dead deer lay to rot even if you dont have a tag report it or find a tag for it, that is senseless. Missouri Muzzle loader starts saturday and I have plenty of tags ha

Post #10   12/17/11 12:20:27AM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:540-380
Chips:
not tagging an animal immediately after killing it is not a huge offense.it doesnt sound like any of this is very serious. he will probably just get a ticket. still, this shit always pisses me off, hunters need to be responsible.

Post #11   12/17/11 12:59:25AM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by supatolacyl

I love how the story starts " the burly fighter failed to tag atleast one of two animals that HIS HUNTING PARTY harvested" not word for word, but the misleading parts are that his hunting party means that one of the 3 guys there killed the 2nd deer, but from what i read it never states that Brock was the one who shot the other deer. My guess is that the group only had tags for one spieces ethier whitetail or muledeer and one of them shot the wrong type, granted thats just speculation and if true, Brock being an avid hunter (hell all deer hunters for that matter) would know the difference between the two. Maybe the third guy with brock and his guide didn't know the difference. So, no need to damn the man before there is any definitive proof of who killed the untaged deer. Just my opinion which isn't worth much. On a side note you never leave a dead deer lay to rot even if you dont have a tag report it or find a tag for it, that is senseless. Missouri Muzzle loader starts saturday and I have plenty of tags ha

when something happens that is against the law and you don't report it, especially being the fact you are there, guilty by association.. wether its just nick picking or not, if you are famous you have to deal with being thrown into crap if your friends get in trouble in these media days.. kinda bs if he did not do it but thats a part of life

Post #12   12/17/11 2:07:20AM   

Mr_Dead_Sexy

MMA Regular

Mr_Dead_Sexy Avatar

Career:2,620-1,475
Camp: THE NATION OF DOMINATION
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

not tagging an animal immediately after killing it is not a huge offense.it doesnt sound like any of this is very serious. he will probably just get a ticket. still, this shit always pisses me off, hunters need to be responsible.

Reading this and then looking over at your av brings serious unintended lols

Post #13   12/17/11 3:27:12AM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 40-51

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,660-1,039
Chips:
further allegations have surfaced! & it turns out he wasnt even using a gun! alberta forest surveillance footage shows lesnar chasing down the deer, using a triple leg takedown to ground the animal & eventually ending its life with a 20minute arm triangle choke

Post #14   12/17/11 1:06:08PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,477-1,379
Chips:

Posted by shaneTpain

further allegations have surfaced! & it turns out he wasnt even using a gun! alberta forest surveillance footage shows lesnar chasing down the deer, using a triple leg takedown to ground the animal & eventually ending its life with a 20minute arm triangle choke

Shenanigans, we all know Brock doesn't have the cardio to go 20 Minutes.

Post #15   12/17/11 2:21:16PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2