Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Arlovski Loses Title shot...

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
According to UFCDaily.com.

Post #1   5/15/07 7:07:44PM   

PsYcHo

Learning to Sprawl

PsYcHo Avatar

Career:219-130
Camp: Gamer's Asylum
Chips:
thats messed up.

Post #2   5/15/07 7:13:21PM   

Menard_StC

MMA Regular

Menard_StC Avatar

Career:1,052-623
Chips:
Good.

He doesnt even remotely deserve it.

Post #3   5/15/07 8:34:02PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:
thats BS...Arlovski sure as hell deserves this shot. He beat Werdum all the way. His coaches told him to stay back so he did that. Its not like arlovski would be able to do the same against Couture or even gonzaga. Dana is a pussy

Post #4   5/15/07 8:49:06PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,891-1,581
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I honestly thing Dana is making an example out of him. We've all seen a few of those lackluster matches lately...and this would send a message to anyone else expecting to cruise through to a title match.

Not sure if I think it's fair, but they are in the business of putting butts in those seats.

Post #5   5/15/07 8:52:18PM   

Cobbs666

Standup Guy

Cobbs666 Avatar

Career:1,063-740
Camp: *TeaM SaTaN*
Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

thats BS...Arlovski sure as hell deserves this shot. He beat Werdum all the way. His coaches told him to stay back so he did that. Its not like arlovski would be able to do the same against Couture or even gonzaga. Dana is a pussy

if you really wanna see another lame ass "silvia vs arlovski 3" type match up then maybe he deserves one, maybe now he will get the point that noone wants to pay their hard earned money to see some guys dance around slapping like a couple of fags, it is his job to fight, he chose it., if i went to work and danced around all day in front of the cars im supposed to repair i would be sent home, the same should happen to him

Post #6   5/15/07 9:17:01PM   

chentay2112

MMA Regular

chentay2112 Avatar

Career:63-46
Camp: We're #1
Chips:

Posted by Cobbs666

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

if you really wanna see another lame ass "silvia vs arlovski 3" type match up then maybe he deserves one, maybe now he will get the point that noone wants to pay their hard earned money to see some guys dance around slapping like a couple of fags, it is his job to fight, he chose it., if i went to work and danced around all day in front of the cars im supposed to repair i would be sent home, the same should happen to him

by that philosophy anybody that has a bad day should at work be sacked .....SHIT happens both arlovski and slyvia were poor in thier recent fights and couture humiliated sylvia when they fought .... does that mean sylvia shouldent get another title fight???

Post #7   5/15/07 9:42:02PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Posted by chentay2112

Posted by Cobbs666

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

by that philosophy anybody that has a bad day should at work be sacked .....SHIT happens both arlovski and slyvia were poor in thier recent fights and couture humiliated sylvia when they fought .... does that mean sylvia shouldent get another title fight???

I don't think Sylvia should get an immediate rematch. He needs to show he can be agressive. If not he can sit with Arlovski in the side until they both prove they aren't going to fight like pussies.

Post #8   5/15/07 11:17:14PM   

Lay_N_Pray

In Full Mount

Lay_N_Pray Avatar

Career:253-130
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
I think it is unfair and here is why.

Yes, it is boring to watch a fight like Arlovski/Werdum but a win is a win no matter what, and setting a precedent that you have to knock an opponent out to get a title shot could lead to sloppy brawlish fighting.

Secondly, If a fighter is going to fight the way Arlovski did, then it is up to his opponent, especially if he is the champion to take advantage of his passive approach and push the pace. Then this would put the blame solely on Arlovski for being overwhelmed and maybe he would think twice about stalling.

Overall...if a fighter wants a win then they should be hungry enough to go and get it. Couture is always hungry to get it so he would push Arlovski, or Gonzaga is the same way. Werdum/Arlovski was fighters fighting not to lose, so its on the fighters to choose how they want to fight, not the owner

Post #9   5/15/07 11:35:12PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

I think it is unfair and here is why.

Yes, it is boring to watch a fight like Arlovski/Werdum but a win is a win no matter what, and setting a precedent that you have to knock an opponent out to get a title shot could lead to sloppy brawlish fighting.

Secondly, If a fighter is going to fight the way Arlovski did, then it is up to his opponent, especially if he is the champion to take advantage of his passive approach and push the pace. Then this would put the blame solely on Arlovski for being overwhelmed and maybe he would think twice about stalling.

Overall...if a fighter wants a win then they should be hungry enough to go and get it. Couture is always hungry to get it so he would push Arlovski, or Gonzaga is the same way. Werdum/Arlovski was fighters fighting not to lose, so its on the fighters to choose how they want to fight, not the owner

Yeah but it's the owner's decision about who gets a title shot. So if he sets the rules and says show us a good fight or don't expect to fight here then you know what to expect. No one likes a boring fight and Dana is all about the exciting fights. This is nothing new.

Post #10   5/15/07 11:56:02PM   

SkaTroma

Learning to Sprawl

SkaTroma Avatar

Career:765-482
Camp: Smells Like Hackneys Hand
Chips:
I have a sneaking suspicion that Arlovski will be Crocop's opponent when he returns.

Post #11   5/16/07 1:41:23AM   

tomp6581

Standup Guy

tomp6581 Avatar

Career:406-255
Chips:
Good decision. His last fight was horrible, Werdum was awful, and so was arlovski. Both Fighters fought "not to lose" in my opinion......if arlovski want his title back, he has to (imo) start fighting like a champion!

Post #12   5/16/07 6:20:20AM   

Naturaldisaster

MMA Sensei

Naturaldisaster Avatar

Career:703-452
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
1st off none of you have room to talk about who fights like a pussy because if you got in there with someone like werdum or arlovski then I'm pretty sure you would fight like that to. AND Arlovski didn't fight like a pussy. 1st and 2nd round he did great. 3rd round he knew he had the decision so he went a little slower. Alot of fighters do that. And You all are such huge mma fans but you can't even spell TIM SYLVIA! Its not silvia or slyvia! Its spelled S.Y.L.V.I.A. Learn what your talking about when you talk about MMA, and go back to school and learn how to spell.

Post #13   5/16/07 7:49:44AM   

www-WeLoan-us

Standup Guy

www-WeLoan-us Avatar

Career:258-161
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
LOL.....Man Crushhhhhh on Arlovski ALERT..

Post #14   5/16/07 9:20:37AM   

Naturaldisaster

MMA Sensei

Naturaldisaster Avatar

Career:703-452
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
lol naw Im not even a big arlovski fan. I just didn't think that fight is as bad as everyone said it was

Post #15   5/16/07 9:39:59AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2