Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Jon Jones Mission: Cleaning up the LHW division! 3 more to go

Print  
Who will have the greatest chance to defeat Jones
Anderson Silva 34 76%
Rashad Evans 6 13%
Dan Henderson 5 11%
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

icecold2357

Learning to Sprawl

Career:632-422
Camp: TKO
Chips:
I'm a huge fan of Jon Jones but you gotta look at things realistically. No way does dana book jones and silva, EVER. Jones would have to clean out his division and when that would happen Silva would already be retired. They wont fight now either bc Dana knows Silva would probably put Jones out in the first.

I know a lot of people want to dispell that, but just look at how quickly Machida figured out Jones range. Jones is an athletic freak but, right now he is just too raw. Silva is better at everything but wrestling, and I dont even think sonnen could control him again like that. Also something Silva will do that nobody else really has is he will attack Jones legs. With Silva's striking skills, They will hurt quickly and really neutralize Jones attack. Throwing flying knees and spinning back fists against Silva also probably wont be a good strategy, bc Silva's striking is literally light years ahead of Jones.

When Jones is ready to face Silva, it wont matter anymore bc Silva will have called it a career and we will already be calling Jones the best in the world

I personally am more interested to watch Jones vs Hendo. Hendo has the Greco-Roman wrestling and the one punch KO power that will make for an exciting matchup. If Jones survives the first 2 rounds, I say he takes it easily. For those 2 first rounds tho, Hendo is gonna be coming for Jones' head. Fun matchup in my eyes. I'll be taking Jones but Hendo can end it with one punch

Post #16   12/12/11 8:21:21PM   

DeadHead988

MMA Sensei

DeadHead988 Avatar

Career:367-289
Camp: Midwest Training Center
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by DeadHead988

i feel that Anderson would have little to no chance against Jones. He would be giving up too much weight, and his striking is not significantly better.

Someone doesn't train muay thai.

Actually I do and I'm pretty offended.

Last edited 12/12/11 8:28PM server time by DeadHead988
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #17   12/12/11 8:26:00PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,533-897
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by DeadHead988

Posted by bjj1605

Someone doesn't train muay thai.

Actually I do and I'm pretty offended.

Sorry man.

Not trying to offend you. Perhaps I could have been a bit more tactful.

What I'm getting at is that just by looking at the two guys you can see that Anderson is way more technically advanced. If you want me to get into more detail than that, I'd be happy to.

Sorry again if I offended you. It wasn't intended. All in good fun

Post #18   12/12/11 10:47:30PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2