Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Rick Hawn dropping to lightweight, joining season-six Bellator tournament

Print  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,694-1,543
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Bellator season-four welterweight-tournament runner-up Rick Hawn is dropping a weight class for the organization's season-six lightweight tournament.

Officials today confirmed the U.S. Olympian's plans with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

As part of the tourney entry, Hawn (11-1 MMA, 3-1 BFC) has signed a new extension with the organization, though terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Hawn, a judoka who finished ninth in the 2004 Summer Olympics, moved his MMA record to 11-0 with a split-decision victory Lyman Good earlier this year in Bellator's season-four welterweight-tourney semifinals. However, he fell short of a guaranteed title shot and suffered his first career loss when he dropped a close split decision to notable Jay Hieron in the finals.

The 5-foot-9 fighter will join another Bellator tournament, but this time he'll do so in a lighter weight class when the eight-man tourney kicks off in March.

LINK

Post #1   12/10/11 10:08:28AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,387-1,222
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Hawn at 155 is scary, he's a powerful welterweight.

Post #2   12/11/11 6:51:59AM