Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

P$ and Rabi Present: Kings of Cash! Season 1 (SIGN UPS CLOSED, Season begins Dec. 30th, 2011)

Print  
  Page 1 of 7     1     2     3     4   >>
Posted By Message

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,449-880
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Alright folks, in the spirit of Rabi's MMA Playground, pmoney and Rabi present Kings of Cash! Instead of going head to head with scores per event, we are going head to head with bankroll.

Sign ups will end Dec. 27th, 2011, and the season will begin on Friday, December 30th, to coincide with UFC 141 and the beginning of Season 12 on the playground.

The rules are fairly simple. Once sign ups are complete, I will create a system of brackets and divisions. Most likely it will be 10 to a division. It will be 9 weeks, every player will face every player. Whoever wins the most money in the head to head battle wins! Each week, the person who wins their head to head match earns points, and the bankroll differential will be tallied for tiebreaking purposes.

If two players lose head to head, whoever loses the least will be awarded the points.

The winner of the top division will be the champion of the season. There will be promotion and relegation, just like Rabi's Playground. The amount of people promoted or relegated will depend on the number of users that ultimately sign up. Ideally, it will be top three move up, bottom three move down.

Hopefully I explained it well enough! Send me a PM or post on the thread to sign up, and let's get this thing started!

Last edited 12/19/11 6:51PM server time by pmoney
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   12/4/11 5:55:08PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,730-1,561
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I'm in

Post #2   12/4/11 5:59:15PM   

Rabi

Heavyweight Champ

Rabi Avatar

Career:1,883-1,113
Camp: MMA Worldwide
Chips:
Count me in, Im gonna post a link in my camp as well.

Post #3   12/4/11 5:59:54PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,133-678
Chips:

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #4   12/4/11 6:03:47PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,523-1,604
Chips:
I love the side games and am in as usual...I usually make small financial gains in each event too....more so than not at least. I just am a coward on putting too much on the line being part of a camp and all.

Post #5   12/4/11 6:04:03PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

I love the side games and am in as usual...I usually make small financial gains in each event too....more so than not at least. I just am a coward on putting too much on the line being part of a camp and all.

Nah, I wouldn't say that's cowardly! Being in a camp, you want to help your camp get that badge at the end of the season! Of course, most people would love to get top earner for either an event or a season as well. It's a fine line that us folks in camps walk.

I think it will make this game a little more interesting

Post #6   12/4/11 6:06:05PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 34-45

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,378-886
Chips:
Im super in !

Post #7   12/4/11 6:48:25PM   

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar

Career:2,562-1,368
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I'm in, props to you guys

Post #8   12/4/11 7:51:46PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,232-1,201
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
What the hell, count me in.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #9   12/4/11 8:36:03PM   

Playground_Samurai

I EAT POOP

Playground_Samurai Avatar

Career:2,359-1,249
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
i'm in

Post #10   12/4/11 9:09:29PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,433-817
Chips:
in

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #11   12/4/11 10:17:44PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I'll join in. I think you'll find this won't work out nearly as well as rabi's other sidegame though, because everyone starts back from 0 each event with points, whereas bankrolls are cumulative. If one guy loses his first matchup, he is automatically at a massive disadvantage if he's against someone who earned money for his next matchup.

It's sort of like going into final jeopardy where one player has way more money, and he knows that he can wager just enough to make it impossible for the other guy to win if he hits a certain parlay.

main-site season changes will also make it strange, as people's bankrolls will randomly reset in the middle of the season, evening the playing field. These things could also add some kind of strategy to the game, but it's more likely to just destabilize it and give whoever has a good start a massive advantage over anyone who doesn't.

Post #12   12/5/11 3:44:06AM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Aether

I'll join in. I think you'll find this won't work out nearly as well as rabi's other sidegame though, because everyone starts back from 0 each event with points, whereas bankrolls are cumulative. If one guy loses his first matchup, he is automatically at a massive disadvantage if he's against someone who earned money for his next matchup.

It's sort of like going into final jeopardy where one player has way more money, and he knows that he can wager just enough to make it impossible for the other guy to win if he hits a certain parlay.

main-site season changes will also make it strange, as people's bankrolls will randomly reset in the middle of the season, evening the playing field. These things could also add some kind of strategy to the game, but it's more likely to just destabilize it and give whoever has a good start a massive advantage over anyone who doesn't.

I think the game will work out fairly well. There are just that many more variables to it than just who scores more points. The bankrolls resetting will not be a factor. This side game starts with Season 12, so we will all be at $1,000. The game will run 9 weeks, though it can go 10 in the insanely unlikely event of a tie breaker. The next season will start with Season 13, and so forth.

The camp element is admittedly huge. Whether you are in a camp or not, you want to score as many points as possible. Conversely, wagers is quite the x-factor. Those in a camp may be prone to making more conservative wagers as opposed to a player who doesn't have others counting on him to make a positive gain. Such is the risk, and fun of entering the Kings of Cash sidegame

The scoring is one issue Rabi and I had discussed. Specifically, whether to score by the dollar amount won, or who increased their bankroll by the largest percentage. Going by percentage would probably level the playing field a little more, but either way, this will be a little more tricky, and involve a little more strategy.

I would certainly like to hear what you think Aether, as well as all other participants, regarding whether percentages or wager amount should be the scoring criteria. We have plenty of time before the game gets underway.

Last edited 12/5/11 4:53AM server time by pmoney
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #13   12/5/11 4:46:31AM   

tattflash

In Full Mount

tattflash Avatar

Career:2,447-1,766
Chips:
count me in

Post #14   12/5/11 9:04:02AM