Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

With 'TUF 14' mission complete, Diego Brandao now hoping to save Christmas

Print  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,983-1,702
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Brazilian brawler Diego Brandao (14-7 MMA, 1-0 UFC) is now the featherweight tournament winner of "The Ultimate Fighter 14," just as he promised he would be.

Mission complete.

But with a cool $80,000 in "Fight Night" bonuses in his pocket following an impressive The Ultimate Fighter 14 Finals win on Saturday night, Brandao now has a new goal in place: It's time to save Christmas.

LINK

Post #1   12/4/11 8:54:56AM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:930-528
Chips:
How could you not like this guy after an amazing performance last night followed by his post fight interview where he said he was buying his mom a house, now with donating a chunk of his bonuses to sick kids in Brazil.

Post #2   12/4/11 12:00:08PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,937-1,077
Chips:

Posted by BuffaloDave

How could you not like this guy after an amazing performance last night followed by his post fight interview where he said he was buying his mom a house, now with donating a chunk of his bonuses to sick kids in Brazil.

I wasn't a fan of him on the show due to his quick temper. He literally went off on guys with no reason at all, and his paranoid attitude as if everyone was out to get him. I understand it now though, must have been tough having to live on the streets most of the time. He's not all unicorns and rainbows, but the love and willingness to help his family is hard not to like.

Post #3   12/4/11 1:56:32PM   

mattjonesy

Standup Guy

mattjonesy Avatar

Career:2,250-1,387
Camp: Bum Chin Black Belts
Chips:
Im a huge fan of Brandao. Cant wait to see him fight again

Post #4   12/4/11 2:06:43PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:
i didnt mind him on the show. but stuff like this has made me a fan of the guy. its great to hear stories like this. we should shove this story down every media outlets' throats to dispel their blind views of the sport and its fighters

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #5   12/4/11 3:03:31PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
I did not watch one episode of The Ultimate Fighter but what Brandao is doing is very honorable. There are people who make over 100K a year who will never give a dime away and this kid is barely making bottom middle class wages and he is willing to give a good portion of it away to a good cause.

Selfless - I like it. Too bad it is not contagious.

Last edited 12/4/11 3:18PM server time by KungFuMaster
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   12/4/11 3:18:23PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:535-379
Chips:
i still am not a fan of strange pre-fight behavior, but he's got a good cause outside the fight scene. im gonna wait a couple more fights to decide whether i like him or not.

Post #7   12/4/11 5:28:42PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,205-723
Chips:
Hmmm I'm a fan of his fights and a fan of his and Ill admit I can't wait to see him fight next but I'm worried as he's been KO'd in the past so his chin isnt immortal, which will make me hesitant to choose him in the future when hes fighting the big names

Dirty Blue

Post #8   12/5/11 4:21:40AM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:930-528
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by BuffaloDave

I wasn't a fan of him on the show due to his quick temper. He literally went off on guys with no reason at all, and his paranoid attitude as if everyone was out to get him. I understand it now though, must have been tough having to live on the streets most of the time. He's not all unicorns and rainbows, but the love and willingness to help his family is hard not to like.

That's basically how I felt about Mitrione on season 10. Couldn't stand the guy on the show. Of course there is a bit of difference between Brando and Mitrione on the way they're acting on the show. I think a lot of it is how bored they get during down time when not training, all they have is basically training and drinking.

Post #9   12/5/11 12:20:28PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,363-1,248
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Like FastKnockout, he kind of got on my nerves on the show but when I found out his story and his innate need/desire to support his mother and family, I quickly became a fan. I've got nothing but love for someone that passionate about wanting the best for their family.

Also, his entrance music was friggin' "Sandstorm"...if that doesn't make you a fan for life, go back to the WNBA!!!

Post #10   12/5/11 12:25:22PM