Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

The Oracle at Delphi

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,381-784
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Geoffo

I visited the Oracle at Delphi, and he told me Edgar vs. Henderson will be a draw.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #16   12/7/11 1:36:22AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-341
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
I just had a revelation while debating a topic on these boards. And no, it was not the Oracle at Delphi who enlightened me. This revelation came all on its own.

I predict the downfall of the UFC. The UFC is simply a promotion but it acts as though it is its own sport which is why many casual fans mistake the UFC for a sport. This idea of operating as if it is a sport has alluded many people around the world.

What is the UFC? It is simply a name and nothing more. There is nothing tangible about the UFC except for the banners.

My prediction is other fight organizations who operate more like promotions will ultimately gain more respect and the UFC will ultimately crumble like his brother, Boxing.

Other fight promotions like Dream who do not restrict their fighters from competing in other organizations will ultimately lead MMA into mainstream sport - and someday we will see MMA in the World Games and in the Olympics. When this happens, you can rest assure the UFC will crumble because its operation does not fit into international competition and its stronghold on fighters around the world will slowly dwindle.

Rome expanded its empire and had soldiers in almost every conquered nation but in the end Rome dwindled and faded into obscurity. When international diplomacy becomes available for MMA, the UFC will be left in the dust - just like Rome.

This will take time to play out but I predict it will happen in our lifetimes.

Last edited 12/9/11 2:08PM server time by KungFuMaster
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #17   12/9/11 2:06:37PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,804-1,005
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I visited the Oracle and she said Lyoto caught the Flu in Canada.

Post #18   12/9/11 6:30:22PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:
You are kidding right?

Post #19   12/9/11 6:38:47PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,200-1,190
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by kopower

I visited the Oracle at Delphi, and to my amazement, she told me Brock Lesnar's last year in mma will be 2012. The Pythia explained it would come to fruition, and gladly took my gold coins as payment for the prophecy.

The Oracle is all knowing. Only was off 1 day. Pretty legit if you ask me. Could even be spot on, if you count his official end date after all the paperwork in 2012

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #20   1/6/12 7:48:41PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,360-1,218
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I brought some Dragon's Blood incense and fresh lavendar to the Oracle at Delphi and was amazed by how long the journey was.. As I approached, he told me that GSP will continue injuring and tearing his reconstructed knee in practice and have more surgery and not fight at all in 2012.. Many fans will question his ability to fight through injuries.

I thanked the Oracle at Delphi, even though I didn't like the news. As I began my walk back down the mountain from the Oracle I recalled a wise man once telling me that sometimes when life hands you lemons you have to drink Jagerbombs.

Double wisdom was imparted upon me on this day.

Post #21   1/6/12 8:09:44PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Kpro

I brought some Dragon's Blood incense and fresh lavendar to the Oracle at Delphi and was amazed by how long the journey was.. As I approached, he told me that GSP will continue injuring and tearing his reconstructed knee in practice and have more surgery and not fight at all in 2012.. Many fans will question his ability to fight through injuries.

I thanked the Oracle at Delphi, even though I didn't like the news. As I began my walk back down the mountain from the Oracle I recalled a wise man once telling me that sometimes when life hands you lemons you have to drink Jagerbombs.

Double wisdom was imparted upon me on this day.

You were blessed.

I am liking it, Kpro. Keep it coming.

Post #22   1/7/12 12:09:48AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,431-836
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

I just had a revelation while debating a topic on these boards. And no, it was not the Oracle at Delphi who enlightened me. This revelation came all on its own.

I predict the downfall of the UFC. The UFC is simply a promotion but it acts as though it is its own sport which is why many casual fans mistake the UFC for a sport. This idea of operating as if it is a sport has alluded many people around the world.

What is the UFC? It is simply a name and nothing more. There is nothing tangible about the UFC except for the banners.

My prediction is other fight organizations who operate more like promotions will ultimately gain more respect and the UFC will ultimately crumble like his brother, Boxing.

Other fight promotions like Dream who do not restrict their fighters from competing in other organizations will ultimately lead MMA into mainstream sport - and someday we will see MMA in the World Games and in the Olympics. When this happens, you can rest assure the UFC will crumble because its operation does not fit into international competition and its stronghold on fighters around the world will slowly dwindle.

Rome expanded its empire and had soldiers in almost every conquered nation but in the end Rome dwindled and faded into obscurity. When international diplomacy becomes available for MMA, the UFC will be left in the dust - just like Rome.

This will take time to play out but I predict it will happen in our lifetimes.

I know this is not popular opinion but I could see something like M1 does with the world challenge gaining steam in the long term. I actually enjoy the NFL,M1, national team based fights although their in relative obscurity now.

Post #23   1/7/12 1:48:41PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,381-784
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I went to the Oracle yesterday. She chose to appear to me in the form of a horse. I almost asked why, but out of fear of her only answering one question, i chose otherwise.
Instead of traditional gifts, I brought her a copy of Howard the Duck on dvd & a Rubik's Cube. She left my gifts where I laid them, seemingly unimpressed.
I asked her what to expect in 2012. She predicted the rise of a new power. One too large to ignore. I asked her to elaborate. She ignored me & turned away, never speaking to me again.
As I walked away, I was hit with something in the back of the head. I turned around to see what had hit me. The Oracle was gone & the Rubik's Cube was there, lying at my feet.....SOLVED!

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #24   1/7/12 7:33:05PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:
I guess I am not the only one who watches Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness.

Post #25   1/9/12 12:30:40AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,200-1,190
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I returned from the Oracle at Delphi, and she told me Shogun will no longer fight for the UFC by 2014.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #26   8/5/12 8:20:19PM   

hymiekooken

MMA Regular

hymiekooken Avatar

Career:162-131
Chips:
I visited the oracle at Delphi, and was told that Nate Diaz will win the LW title from Henderson after he dispatches Edgar in their fight. Henderson will take out Edgar in round 3 via ground and pound. Nate diaz will make Henderson tap to a triangle in round 2.
The oracle also told me Anderson Silva will retire as the MW champ in mid 2014.
She also said it will come to pass that Steven Seagal will fight once and only once in the UFC. He will issue an open challenge. Yves Lavine will accept this challenge, and will make Seagal tap at 18 seconds of round 1 via an anaconda choke.
On the long journey back, I grew weary so I sat down, tired and sore. Seemingly appearing out of nowhere was a man who I believe was the reincarnation of Bob Marley. He said his name to be Rasta Boom Boom, and gave me some nuggets of which the scent, color and texture I have never come across. He told me this would help me along my journey home, and then he was gone as quickly as he came. I twisted up a pinner and started floating home. on the way, I had a clear vision. In my vision, I see Jon Jones getting KO'ed by a particularly nasty H-bomb in the closing second of round 3.

Post #27   8/6/12 12:29:00AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:
I went to the temple and offered the oracle a few pieces of gold for a prophecy but all she gave me was riddle me this and riddle me that. I held her at gunpoint and she finally caved in and told me Cerrone will be asleep in the first round.

Post #28   8/10/12 11:54:14PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
I visited the oracle at Delphi and he told me that HMC and Keith Jardine will have a techno dance off in 2013

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #29   8/11/12 6:50:34PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

I went to the temple and offered the oracle a few pieces of gold for a prophecy but all she gave me was riddle me this and riddle me that. I held her at gunpoint and she finally caved in and told me Cerrone will be asleep in the first round.

Damn witch! Somehow she knew I was bluffing.

Post #30   8/13/12 1:31:55AM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3