Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

The Oracle at Delphi

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
Use this thread to make a reasonable prediction on MMA related topics.

Do not use this thread to make predictions about things which are inevitable such as GSP will lose the welter weight title.

Moderators and Administrators, if it is not too much trouble - can we make this thread a sticky. It would be nice to see over the years - if any of our predictions came true.

My first prediction: I visited the oracle at Delphi and he told me Stephan Struve will someday fight for the UFC heavy weight championship.

If I can get everyone to play along and start their predictions with, " I visited the oracle at Delphi and he told me,"....and so on, it would be awesome and would make this thread much more enjoyable.

Post #1   11/30/11 7:50:57PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,526-871
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
i visited The Oracle at Delphi today & he told me that Jon Jones would win the HW Championship in the year 2014

Post #2   11/30/11 8:10:56PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:
I visited the Oracle at Delphi for the second time and he began telling me the story of Oedipus. I sat there while half asleep as the Oracle took me on the journey of Oedipus - and finally when he was done with his tale, I asked him, "What is the future for Machida?"

The Oracle sat there dumbfounded and scratched his head. He took many deep breaths and began meditating.

After 3 days of waiting, the Oracle came out of his meditation and spoke to me. "The future for young Lyotto Machida is uncertain but one thing is for sure. He, who he will not fight, will come to fight. The river which once joined two tributaries will part and flow to two separate bodies of water."

Post #3   11/30/11 8:21:26PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,271-1,222
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I visited the Oracle at Delphi, and to my amazement, she told me Brock Lesnar's last year in mma will be 2012. The Pythia explained it would come to fruition, and gladly took my gold coins as payment for the prophecy.

Last edited 11/30/11 9:19PM server time by kopower
Edit note/reason: na

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #4   11/30/11 9:18:50PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

Posted by kopower

I visited the Oracle at Delphi, and to my amazement, she told me Brock Lesnar's last year in mma will be 2012. The Pythia explained it would come to fruition, and gladly took my gold coins as payment for the prophecy.

It appears PoorFranklin and I have been visiting an impersonator.

How many gold coins do I need and where can I find this priestess?

Post #5   11/30/11 10:48:11PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,271-1,222
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Link

People came from all over Greece and beyond to have their questions about the future answered by the Pythia, the priestess of Apollo. And her answers, usually cryptic, could determine the course of everything from when a farmer planted his seedlings, to when an empire declared war.

I tried to do a bit of research before my journey to The Oracle at Delphi. Maybe I was the one that was hoodwinked.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #6   11/30/11 11:41:34PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

Posted by kopower

Link

People came from all over Greece and beyond to have their questions about the future answered by the Pythia, the priestess of Apollo. And her answers, usually cryptic, could determine the course of everything from when a farmer planted his seedlings, to when an empire declared war.

I tried to do a bit of research before my journey to The Oracle at Delphi. Maybe I was the one that was hoodwinked.

NO. You did right by offering coin golds. It seems the Oracle at Delphi gave you a real prophecy. I just don't understand why the prophecy was not encrypted though...- seems strange and unlike her.

Post #7   12/1/11 11:43:00AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,304-1,218
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Moderators and Administrators, if it is not too much trouble - can we make this thread a sticky. It would be nice to see over the years - if any of our predictions came true.

Sorry, the Oracle at Delphi told me this is likely not to happen.

Post #8   12/1/11 11:51:26AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,556-1,465
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by KungFuMaster

The Oracle gave me the same message. She is all knowing!

Post #9   12/1/11 12:01:37PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by KungFuMaster

Something tells me you guys bribed her to say that...

Last edited 12/1/11 12:13PM server time by KungFuMaster
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #10   12/1/11 12:12:26PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:
Come on guys. It only takes 3 gold coins to visit the Oracle at Delphi.

Post #11   12/2/11 11:22:58AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,887-1,050
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
OK

The guy to beat GSP will be a striker with a larger reach than him with a background in wrestling.

Cain will not lose to anyone other than Dos Santos over the next 4 years.

And Hunt will win in the UFC by submission at least once.

Post #12   12/2/11 8:03:34PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,494-876
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Dana White once visited the Oracle in regards with the direction of the UFC.
The oracle told Dana, "If you put UFC on Fox you will destroy a great sport in the process."
Dana,thinking the oracle was speaking of baseball signed the deal only to later find out the sport the oracle was speaking of was..........MMA!

Post #13   12/4/11 7:17:22AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:
I visited the Oracle at Delphi and I insisted she give me a real prophecy or else I would just keep coming back.

The wench took offense to my request and spat in my face. The nerve...

I was forced to take matters into my own hands. I pulled out a bag of gold doubloons and dangled it front of her eyes. As I swayed the bag from side to side, her eyes and head would wobble side to side as well. It did not take long until the wench was hypnotized into a deep sleep. I caressed her hair and massaged her shoulders. When I knew she was completely out of it, I slapped her and said, "Wench, do my bidding and give me a real prophecy!"

The wench spoke in riddle. "The end of the world is near. Also near is the end of one fighter's reign or terror. I see the numbers 12, 22, and 12 again. Now go and don't ever come again for I will be forced to reveal the damn-est of all prophecies."

I was extremely happy to hear the prophecy and I could not think of anything which would make me more happier until I looked at her for the last time. I couldn't help but slap her one more time. I stormed out of the ruin like a grave robber with my hyena laugh echoing throughout the valley.

Last edited 12/6/11 6:42PM server time by KungFuMaster
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #14   12/6/11 6:41:31PM   

Geoffo

Standup Guy

Geoffo Avatar

Career:176-119
Chips:
I visited the Oracle at Delphi, and he told me Edgar vs. Henderson will be a draw.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Post #15   12/6/11 8:06:07PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3