Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Brett Rogers sentenced to 60 days in jail for assault

Print  
Posted By Message

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:871-496
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Former Strikeforce heavyweight Brett Rogers was sentenced to 60 days in jail for a domestic-assault incident with his wife in June, according to a report today in the "St. Paul Pioneer Press."

Rogers in September pleaded guilty to a single count of felony third-degree assault. Two felony counts of domestic assault by strangulation and stalking were dismissed, as was a gross misdemeanor charge of endangering a child.

LINK

Post #1   11/30/11 3:16:46PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,007-579
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Post #2   11/30/11 6:51:57PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-341
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
I have no insight on this case but I would not be surprised if Rogers was merely defending himself.

I had a relative who defended himself from his abusive spouse and he ended up spending a few weeks in jail. Often times, in-fact the majority of the time, the prosecutor makes threats to the defendant and literally forces him or her to plead guilty for a lesser crime and punishment (plea bargain).

Post #3   11/30/11 7:20:46PM   

NE-1

MMA Regular

NE-1 Avatar

Career:1,332-913
Camp: GSPeed on your face
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

I have no insight on this case but I would not be surprised if Rogers was merely defending himself.

I had a relative who defended himself from his abusive spouse and he ended up spending a few weeks in jail. Often times, in-fact the majority of the time, the prosecutor makes threats to the defendant and literally forces him or her to plead guilty for a lesser crime and punishment (plea bargain).

If my memory serves me correctly, the police report states that a neighbor "saw him walk outside after his wife, punch her in the face, and then stand over her repeatedly punching her in the face while she lay on the ground".

Soooo, i don't think that's the case. I am also pretty sure that when the police arrived they stated she had a tooth or two knocked out.......

On a separate note, Rogers is a turd that won't flush.

Post #4   11/30/11 7:39:00PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Rogers is a P.O.S.

I hate wife beaters......Have fun working at the Tire Factory son.

Post #5   11/30/11 9:01:37PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
"Fighter jailed for punching wife"

Under the little sports column on msn.

Just what MMA doesn't need. Idk the full story. But I hate to hear about this stuff, b/c it is personal and second it doesn't have much to do with the sport itself rather than just the person.

I want to see stuff about things going on in the sports, not this personal stuff. Similar to Lawerance Taylor's situation.

Post #6   11/30/11 9:54:33PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-341
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by NE-1

Posted by KungFuMaster

If my memory serves me correctly, the police report states that a neighbor "saw him walk outside after his wife, punch her in the face, and then stand over her repeatedly punching her in the face while she lay on the ground".

Soooo, i don't think that's the case. I am also pretty sure that when the police arrived they stated she had a tooth or two knocked out.......

On a separate note, Rogers is a turd that won't flush.

In that case, I hope he drops his soap.

Post #7   11/30/11 10:40:18PM   

Geoffo

Standup Guy

Geoffo Avatar

Career:176-119
Chips:

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

"Fighter jailed for punching wife"

Under the little sports column on msn.

Just what MMA doesn't need. Idk the full story. But I hate to hear about this stuff, b/c it is personal and second it doesn't have much to do with the sport itself rather than just the person.

I want to see stuff about things going on in the sports, not this personal stuff. Similar to Lawerance Taylor's situation.

Very well said, this does not need to go under MMA column. Those ignorant fools who don't know anything about MMA will start talking shit

Post #8   11/30/11 11:34:13PM