Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Mariusz Pudzianowski's KSW 17 win over James Thompson changed to no-contest

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,722-963
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Mariusz Pudzianowski's controversial majority-decision win over James Thompson in this past weekend's KSW 17 co-headliner has been changed to a no-contest.

Company officials today cited a judge's error for the change.

Following the announcement of Pudzianowski's contentious win in his home country of Poland, an irate Thompson stole the mic from the ring announcer and admonished the organization.

LINK

Post #1   11/28/11 1:17:57PM   

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,722-963
Chips:
Now they have a nice little set up for a third match between the two, which I'm not interested in at all.

Last edited 11/28/11 1:19PM server time by FastKnockout
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   11/28/11 1:19:26PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
was anyone actually interested in the first match?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #3   11/28/11 1:29:43PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

was anyone actually interested in the first match?

I was

Post #4   11/28/11 3:05:55PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,439-1,253
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Many in Poland (and I'd assume many involved with this event in some way too) wagered on their country's most famous athlete. He wins mysteriously with no scores announced and all bets from bookies and betting sites are paid out. Then once the money is in hand, multiple days after the event, it is changed to a No Contest because it took them that long to find a `judges error`.

I'm not saying KSW or the Polish Boxing Association put out a fix, it's just very very (very) convenient that no one found out about this until betting sites had already paid out. I wish we could hear more about this `error`.

Post #5   11/29/11 12:22:18AM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,354-1,409
Chips:
i damn glad' they turnd this into a no contest..after i heard the decision, my heart sank, not cuz i'm a hugh Thompson fan..but for the love of the sport wise..hate to see any fighter get rob'd like that..good for Thompson, he should ask for a 3rd match, if Mariusz is up to it..he knows he lost and he can't last more than a round in any of his fights..i never been on this Mariusz hype train and knew from his trainin vids, he wouldnt last long in mma..truth hurts..

Post #6   11/29/11 2:40:28AM   

tattflash

In Full Mount

tattflash Avatar

Career:2,484-1,794
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

I'm not saying KSW or the Polish Boxing Association put out a fix, it's just very very (very) convenient that no one found out about this until betting sites had already paid out. I wish we could hear more about this `error`.

This was not the only "bad" result on the night in Poland. James Zikic and Matt Horwich won their fights easily too, yet lost on score cards, good on James Thompson for his "ring rant" telling the crowd, promoter and viewing public that KSW was a f*ckiing joke and it was going down the f*cking toilet over that f*^cking joke result.

Point taken me thinks

Post #7   11/29/11 4:53:43AM