Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Edgar to defend the title in Japan

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,496-876
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by tallica62

I don't think Benny-poo is the best LW, but I think he will beat Edgar. He's a crafty mofo and I think is too big for Franklin Edgar. I dont think Benny will hold the belt for a real long time, but I think he can be Mr. E.

If u think Ben is stronger than Maynard you is a crazy<aybe in the legs but upper body thats a negative...

But lower body strength is arguably much more important. The muscles in your legs are much more powerful and larger. He's going to be able to push Frankie around, will have more explosion behind his tkd's, punches, kicks, ect. than Maynard did.

Post #16   11/29/11 4:48:11PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,841-1,016
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
There's upsides and downsides to being really strong in either your upper or lower body.

Gray is likely more conditioned to exert his strength in bursts, and Bendo is going to be stronger in the clinch. I expect niether is much stronger than the other overall.

What i will say though, is i really doubt bendo is going to be able to clinch up with edgar due to the disparity in footwork and outside striking game.

Post #17   11/29/11 7:47:48PM   

jgtribbett

MMA Sensei

jgtribbett Avatar

Career:553-358
Camp: Team BloodLoss
Chips:
I'll be looking forward to watching a fight where I don't hear boo-ing

Post #18   12/1/11 8:24:32AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2