Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Edgar to defend the title in Japan

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

sparky

AV BET Record: 40-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,771-1,522
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
THE CANADIAN PRESS

TORONTO -- The UFC has confirmed its return to Japan with Frankie (The Answer) Edgar defending his lightweight title against former WEC title-holder Ben Henderson at UFC Japan -- or UFC 144 -- on Feb. 26 at Saitama, Japan.

The show is the first for the UFC in Asia since Zuffa Inc. bought the mixed martial arts organization in 2001.

Also on the main card at Saitama Super Arena in suburban Tokyo, former light-heavyweight champion Quinton (Rampage) Jackson faces Ryan (Darth) Bader, heavyweight Mark Hunt takes on Cheick Kongo, Japanese welterweight Yoshihiro Akiyama tackles Jake Shields and lightweight Anthony (Showtime) Pettis fights Joe Lauzon.

Link

Post #1   11/28/11 9:21:20AM   

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:1,991-1,229
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
I don't think Benny-poo is the best LW, but I think he will beat Edgar. He's a crafty mofo and I think is too big for Franklin Edgar. I dont think Benny will hold the belt for a real long time, but I think he can be Mr. E.

Post #2   11/28/11 11:22:16AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,016-1,193
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Those Japanese fans are gonna love watching these guys go at it

Post #3   11/28/11 11:28:36AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,533-897
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
This should be a great fight. I'm not really a big fan of Edgar's style but I doubt Bendo could ever be in a boring fight.

Not sure who I'll pick yet.

Frankie is so elusive and quick on the feet, he might give Henderson problems standing and he'll be hard to catch for a takedown. Frankie also already showed against Maynard that he can deal with a bigger stronger wrestler.

But Bendo is more aggressive, faster, and more technical than Gray. He's a a great challenger to Frankie and he seems to be continually surprising people.

Who ever I pick though.... I know who I'll be rooting for.

WAR BENDO!!!!

Post #4   11/28/11 11:29:24AM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,809-1,609
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

I know I will

Post #5   11/28/11 11:30:53AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

You know...I'm not really sure why.... but I read this as an inappropriate/creepy comment. Lol.

Maybe its because I was picturing your avatar saying it and making that face.

Post #6   11/28/11 11:31:30AM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:
man UFC is putting a solid card seemingly tailored for the Japan crowd not to mention these are gonna be awesome fights to watch... cant wait..

WAR BENDO

Post #7   11/28/11 11:59:43AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
UFC Japan is getting some top notch fights. Awesome.

Post #8   11/28/11 12:32:19PM   

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,762-985
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

This should be a great fight. I'm not really a big fan of Edgar's style but I doubt Bendo could ever be in a boring fight.

Frankie is so elusive and quick on the feet, he might give Henderson problems standing and he'll be hard to catch for a takedown. Frankie also already showed against Maynard that he can deal with a bigger stronger wrestler.

But Bendo is more aggressive, faster, and more technical than Gray. He's a a great challenger to Frankie and he seems to be continually surprising people.

WAR BENDO!!!!

"This should be a great fight. I'm not really a big fan of Edgar's style but I doubt Bendo could ever be in a boring fight."

Hope you're not implying that Edgar is a boring fighter.

IMO Edgar will take it. If Pettis can beat Hendo on the feet with his flashy style, then Edgar should be able to get it in with his crisp stick and move style. I would be worried about the size advantage of Henderson but after watching Edgar handle Maynard's size and strength pretty well in their second and third fight I'm not sure if it will be an issue.

Post #9   11/28/11 1:04:37PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by bjj1605

WAR BENDO!!!!

"This should be a great fight. I'm not really a big fan of Edgar's style but I doubt Bendo could ever be in a boring fight."

IMO Edgar will take it. If Pettis can beat Hendo on the feet with his flashy style, then Edgar should be able to get it in with his crisp stick and move style. I would be worried about the size advantage of Henderson but after watching Edgar handle Maynard's size and strength pretty well in their second and third fight I'm not sure if it will be an issue.

Edgar has proven he can handle the size and strength of an opponent over and over again but man henderson has to have the biggest legs in FW, im interested to see what happens when they clinch

Post #10   11/28/11 1:54:10PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
i am really surprised they didnt leave a slot open for Wandy or Big Nog (pending his fight in 2 weeks). Sexy vs Wandy would have been awesome and more sense than vs Shields imo

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #11   11/28/11 2:05:31PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,016-1,193
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by prophecy033

You know...I'm not really sure why.... but I read this as an inappropriate/creepy comment. Lol.

Maybe its because I was picturing your avatar saying it and making that face.

I meant it as in Japanese fans LOVE it when guys give it their all and put on a good show and that's what Edgar and Bendo do on the regular

Last edited 11/28/11 2:26PM server time by prophecy033
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #12   11/28/11 2:25:19PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 35-47

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,449-941
Chips:
THIS CARD IS STACKEDDDDD

Post #13   11/28/11 6:20:43PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by tallica62

I don't think Benny-poo is the best LW, but I think he will beat Edgar. He's a crafty mofo and I think is too big for Franklin Edgar. I dont think Benny will hold the belt for a real long time, but I think he can be Mr. E.

If u think Ben is stronger than Maynard you is a crazy<aybe in the legs but upper body thats a negative...

Post #14   11/29/11 12:48:42AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Yes, that is absolutely what I'm implying. You might disagree but thats your opinion.

I don't like his style and its just due to personal preference.

I think he does a lot of moving around (running?) without a lot of substance. Most of his punches are thrown without anything behind them and he rarely tries to finish. He also pretty much never goes for takedowns and I prefer to watch grappling most of the time. Again, that's just my personal preference/opinion.

I will admit the last round of Maynar/Edgar two was exciting (so was the first round of that fight and the first round of their first fight, but that's thanks to Gray ). But I think if you look at his career overall, when he's winning a fight its usually not very exciting.

Post #15   11/29/11 4:46:07PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2