Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Josh Koscheck rooting for Nick Diaz to best Georges St. Pierre, eyes future title fight with Diaz

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
"To be honest with you, I like the Diaz kid. I think that he brings something similar to what I bring to the table: he's not afraid to say what's on his mind. Realistically, I think GSP is a strategist and GSP is probably gonna come in with a good game plan, that's where he can play it safe and get the victory. But, I'd love to see Diaz win because when I beat Carlos Condit February 4, then that means me and Diaz for a title shot, and then that means it's a big fight because he talks really good, and I believe I can talk up a fight really good."

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   11/26/11 9:31:49PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:930-528
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
The trash talking would be great. But we seen what Kos could do for 5 rounds in the stand up against GSP. Diaz would out box the shit out of Kos. All he has is his looping right.

Plus I think Ellenberger is ahead of Kos in the title shot picture.

Post #2   11/26/11 9:44:10PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Don't think Kos would fair any better against Diaz. Especially is Kos took with Diaz, would just be whiffing and Diaz jabbing him.

Post #3   11/26/11 10:08:47PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:535-379
Chips:
for one, i think condit is gonna beat kos, two, i dont think diaz is gonna beat GSP, and three, i dont care about kos fighting for a title again for quite a while, bring in some new title defenses for the champ

Post #4   11/26/11 11:24:40PM   

Geoffo

Standup Guy

Geoffo Avatar

Career:176-119
Chips:
Of course KOS is rooting for Diaz. He knows he can't beat GSP.
UFC 139 Q&A, he said he believes he could beat GSP if they he had a third try. But he sounded like he only said that just for the sake of it. He knows he can't do it.

Post #5   11/27/11 1:41:18AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
I don't think Koscheck will ever fight for the welter weight title again. What he wants is for Diaz to win which will make his run for the title more feasible but I seriously doubt that will happen.

Post #6   11/27/11 1:46:30AM   

VILLIN

Human/Sloth Hybrid

VILLIN Avatar

Career:1,932-1,109
Chips:
Diaz isn't going to beat GSP, like Koscheck said, GSP is a strategist and he knows it would be foolish to play into Nick's strengths. Nick will spend the entire fight on his back eating elbows and punches.

Koscheck could beat Condit by wrestle humping him for the whole fight but it is by no means a certainty. He could do the same to Diaz if they ever fought as well.

Post #7   11/27/11 1:48:13AM   

Bythar

MMA Regular

Bythar Avatar

Career:1,824-954
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
People here don't seem to be giving Kos a chance versus Diaz. However, this is a great stylistic matchup for him. I'd pick a Koscheck decision all day. Diaz can't win a wrestling match with Koscheck, and that is exactly what he'd turn that fight into.

Post #8   11/27/11 6:04:42AM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:

Posted by Bythar

People here don't seem to be giving Kos a chance versus Diaz. However, this is a great stylistic matchup for him. I'd pick a Koscheck decision all day. Diaz can't win a wrestling match with Koscheck, and that is exactly what he'd turn that fight into.

Koscheck should have turned the title fight into a wraslin match, especially after ending the first round on top, but he chooses to bang.

because Kos does not throw enough jabs and straight rights, and the punch he throws often is predictable, Diaz would jab his face all day, Kos has heart and would take the heat all 5 rounds, but he rarely fights to his strengths, he is the most decorated and most experienced rassler in mma right now, that is his strength. Imagine what Kos could do if he mixed standup in with the takedown's, than he could be champ possibly.

Last edited 11/27/11 11:37AM server time by icantthinkofanything
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #9   11/27/11 11:32:28AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by icantthinkofanything

Posted by Bythar

Koscheck should have turned the title fight into a wraslin match, especially after ending the first round on top, but he chooses to bang.

because Kos does not throw enough jabs and straight rights, and the punch he throws often is predictable, Diaz would jab his face all day, Kos has heart and would take the heat all 5 rounds, but he rarely fights to his strengths, he is the most decorated and most experienced rassler in mma right now, that is his strength. Imagine what Kos could do if he mixed standup in with the takedown's, than he could be champ possibly.

its kinda hard to time his TDs with one eye against GSP's incredible TDD. Kos used his wrestling very effectively vs Daley and Rumble

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #10   11/27/11 4:34:03PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,928-1,077
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Koscheck is the one top level wrestler in the division that i'd pick Diaz to beat. He has suspect sub-defense, and his top control isn't nearly as good as his takedowns. I think Diaz spends more time on the feet v. koscheck than people realize.

Fitch though, Fitch beats Diaz practically 10 times out of 10.

Last edited 11/27/11 5:29PM server time by pookie
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #11   11/27/11 5:29:24PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,598-933
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
First time I've ever liked something that came out of Koscheck's mouth.

I really hope Diaz wins and I think he has a better chance than people are giving him.

I think Kos would get owned by Diaz though. He's not slick enough on the ground to avoid the subs and there is no way he could stand with Diaz.

Post #12   11/27/11 5:33:40PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,763-1,756
Chips:
The way Diaz handled Penn and Daley I think its clear to see who wins the striking game, yes we all know that you can outwrestle Diaz sometimes but I don't think Koo's ego would allow that.....split decision is the best I would go if I picked Kos over Diaz. Most likely I would pick Diaz by submission.

Post #13   11/27/11 10:19:15PM