Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Rick Story the Bully?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,427-1,358
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Story from former training partner MIke Pierce.

"This kid drove all the way from Iowa. He was a wrestler, a wrestler looking to be an MMA guy, he hardly didn't have any experience, out to Vancouver, WA to learn how to fight. And you know, Pat was getting frustrated with him because he was doing what beginners do when they get beat on by a guy that's really experienced, you know. He was covering up, backing away, putting his his head down. Typical beginner-like stuff. And he (Pat) was getting frustrated, so he told myself and Ricky just to go in there and knock this guy out. That's not what you do to teammates, man. There's a time and a place for that, but in the training room? That's probably a little far. ...

I refused to do it, and I went in there and sparred like you're supposed to spar. And Ricky went in there and just starts wailing on the guy. And keep in mind that this kid had already had some sort of a head trauma anyway, where he was having vertigo issues. He would sleep and lay in his bed at night and look at the ceiling and it would spin. Okay, obviously there was some sort of a head trauma with the guy. And then, Ricky goes in there and starts wailling on this guy.

Now you know, we're just boxing. It's just boxing sparring. So the guy takes a knee after taking a few nasty shots. Takes a knee with one hand on his head and the other one waving off saying 'Hold on, hold on, my head', and then you know, Pat's all over saying 'F**k it, keeping hitting him'. So Ricky grabs him by the back of the head and starts uppercutting him in the face, like that's okay?...and I was just shaking my head, like, you gotta be f**king kidding me man."

Audio and Bloodyelbow Article.

Take with a grain of salt as its a personal account of someone who has a grudge against the trainer in question. After all there is 2 sides to every story.

If true though, Story is kind of a dick.

Post #1   11/23/11 10:22:26PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,763-1,756
Chips:
Dick move yeah, but remember how young and new Story is to this. He's not an old salt like Patch Militec, and that guy has a lot of influence over an impressional youth like Story who is caught up on being the next big thing in the UFC. The incredible lack of leadership on Pat's part is far more to blame IMO. I see these problems sometimes in the military and while both are to blame the leaders is always held more accountable, and rightfully so.
Oh, and also your right....there is two sides to every story, for all we know Patch may be teaching the guy that with his condition there really is no place for him in this sports which may be a very valuable lesson to the man in questions.

Post #2   11/23/11 11:00:54PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Pat White and Story seem like dick's.

Post #3   11/23/11 11:00:59PM   

Geoffo

Standup Guy

Geoffo Avatar

Career:176-119
Chips:
There are two sides to everything but I doubt Pierce has the time to make up bullshit about his former teammates. You can't justify bullying...

If Pat White and Rick Story did do those things... Wow. You don't treat a new guy like that, you don't treat anyone like that, especially someone with head trauma. I don't care if Rick was following orders from Pat White, that's uncalled for. I hope this story isn't true, if it is, fuck 'em. Karma will eventually get em.

Who's this Pat White prick? Probably a good reason no one knows him, bully.

Sorry don't mean to bash, just do not like bullying.

Post #4   11/23/11 11:12:02PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

Dick move yeah, but remember how young and new Story is to this. He's not an old salt like Patch Militec, and that guy has a lot of influence over an impressional youth like Story who is caught up on being the next big thing in the UFC. The incredible lack of leadership on Pat's part is far more to blame IMO. I see these problems sometimes in the military and while both are to blame the leaders is always held more accountable, and rightfully so.
Oh, and also your right....there is two sides to every story, for all we know Patch may be teaching the guy that with his condition there really is no place for him in this sports which may be a very valuable lesson to the man in questions.

Wrong Pat!
not Miletich, but Pat White, head trainer for Brave Legion Gym.

Post #5   11/23/11 11:14:04PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Chips:
I'd respect Mike Pierce a hell of a lot more if he had done something to stop the assault rather than just keep the story to tell on a radio show.

Post #6   11/23/11 11:15:47PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:930-528
Chips:
If it is true, then why didn't Pierce get in there and help the kid out as Story was putting it to him, especially after he took a knee.

Post #7   11/23/11 11:17:25PM   

Geoffo

Standup Guy

Geoffo Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

I'd respect Mike Pierce a hell of a lot more if he had done something to stop the assault rather than just keep the story to tell on a radio show.

Yah, makes no sense to me.

Post #8   11/23/11 11:33:48PM   

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
Hey guys, this is Bloody Elbow. Just keep that in mind.

Post #9   11/23/11 11:36:23PM   

Geoffo

Standup Guy

Geoffo Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

Whats your point?
Sorry I don't follow Bloody Elbow.

Post #10   11/23/11 11:37:37PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,983-1,702
Chips:

Posted by Geoffo

Whats your point?

Most of the writers are garbage

Post #11   11/23/11 11:41:03PM   

Geoffo

Standup Guy

Geoffo Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Geoffo

Whats your point?

Oh okay, understandable.

Post #12   11/23/11 11:42:36PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:930-528
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Geoffo

Whats your point?

Exactly why I stay away from there, plus they will run with every little rumor that seems to come up. It's almost like they cover some WWE wrestling.

Post #13   11/23/11 11:45:14PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Chips:

They re-reported it.

The story comes right from Pierce's mouth on the joe show radio show, the audio is included in the bloodyelbow article as well.

Post #14   11/23/11 11:49:10PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:535-379
Chips:
i have heard many stories about shit like that going on in gyms. the trainers think they are making the new guy hard but realistically they are doing more harm than good. at my gym all of the fighters are friends and teammates including our coach. we are there to get better and make each other better not pull some shit like in this interview.

Post #15   11/23/11 11:59:28PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2