Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fabricio Werdum Still Campaigning For Octagon Return

Print  
Posted By Message

sparky

AV BET Record: 41-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,843-1,563
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
MMA H.E.A.T.’s Karyn Bryant talks with Fabricio Werdum backstage at UFC 139 and hears what he has to say about Wanderlei Silva’s win over Cung Le. Fabricio and Wand train together at Kings MMA, and Fabricio gives us some insight to the training camp, the game plan for neutralizing Cung’s kicks and the importance of sticking to strategy in light of what happened in the Chris Leben bout. He also fills us in on his efforts to fight Brendan Schaub at the next UFC show in Rio De Janeiro.

Link

Post #1   11/21/11 1:08:59PM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
Werdum deserves to come back, he was once a number 1 contender, and he neutralized Overeem, and landed lots of punches - I think he won that fight on landing more and pressing the action, Overeem only won because Werdum got tired pulling guard or being shoved aside while Overeem backed away neglecting to engage in a fight, and wasn't being offensive, just sprawling.
Werdum beat Big foot and Fedor, no easy task, and should make him DW's best friend

I would like to see an mma bjj match with Werdum and Big Nog, it would be evenly matche din my opinion because what Werdum lacks in the standup he makes up for with pressure and takedowns- I can't picture Nog landing a takedown ever again, his takedowns are the Royce Gracie type, not the Maia type.

Post #2   11/21/11 1:26:37PM   

40ouncetpkid

Belt Contender

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:289-174
Camp: Octagon Winners
Chips:
He might actually have to beat fedor again. He was pretty much the number 1 contender until dos santos knocked him out. Then didnt resign with them. It wasnt like he was cut from losing so it might be suprisingly a little tougher to get back in for him. I dont know why hes not there already since hes a good fighter and would create some fun new fights but i actually want a fedor rematch first. Winner hopefully gets back with zuffa.

Fedor would whoop his ass though. Hed knock him out cold or drop him and pound hin out learning from his mistake.

Post #3   11/21/11 3:00:53PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,687-1,701
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Ideal love to see Werdum in the UFC, especially because HW is still the most shallowof the divisions.

Post #4   11/21/11 3:31:15PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by icantthinkofanything

Werdum deserves to come back, he was once a number 1 contender, and he neutralized Overeem, and landed lots of punches - I think he won that fight on landing more and pressing the action, Overeem only won because Werdum got tired pulling guard or being shoved aside while Overeem backed away neglecting to engage in a fight, and wasn't being offensive, just sprawling.
Werdum beat Big foot and Fedor, no easy task, and should make him DW's best friend

I would like to see an mma bjj match with Werdum and Big Nog, it would be evenly matche din my opinion because what Werdum lacks in the standup he makes up for with pressure and takedowns- I can't picture Nog landing a takedown ever again, his takedowns are the Royce Gracie type, not the Maia type.

Big Nog beat him 4 years ago. but even so, a fight today should be a great fight

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #5   11/21/11 4:24:36PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
They better annouce it soon brazil card is less than two months away

Post #6   11/21/11 5:13:13PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,343-1,317
Chips:
I'm all for re-signing him on the condition that from now on he uses takedowns over prayer to get fights to the ground.

I can't see why he wouldn't be back though, unless he has some crazy salary demands.

Post #7   11/21/11 5:21:28PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Chips:
Let's see Werdum vs. Nelson as his first fight

Post #8   11/22/11 12:29:23AM