Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

NOTE: Super-heavyweight fight camp division being canned after this season

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,928-1,103
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I think the wagers keep it interesting. Adds an element where camps can hit big and make a stir in the otherwise usually static rankings. It adds a whole other degree of difficulty, and can swing wildly, making for more action imo.

My camp would be benefit from dropping them from the camp calculation as much as anyone. We lost a season because of the importance of them. But I like the wagers the way they are now.

Post #16   11/19/11 3:12:06AM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,510-938
Chips:
If you don't like the wagers then you would probably be a benefit, especially if you're a good picker, by just not betting at all. Adding a few hundred bucks an event to the team's average is way better than losing money, which happens even if you're a careful better at times.

As it sits now, the wager's game makes up for 1/3 of the ranking criteria with your picks comprising the other 2/3. Additionally since making good picks also helps your fantasy bankroll, the picks aspect of the game bleeds over a bit so that in a way, the picks game accounts for >2/3 of the ranking criteria as it is.

It's sort of like the "Hot Bout" in that it's almost a necessary evil, there to help create a greater diversity of scoring.

Perhaps at some point we can change this though depending on the feedback we get. Maybe we could treat it the same way we treat the individual competition and have a top betting camp and a top points camp both rewarded.

Post #17   11/19/11 10:32:23AM   

Rabi

Heavyweight Champ

Rabi Avatar

Career:1,980-1,165
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
I love that aspect of the game, and like I said about the hot bout, why fix something that's not broken!

Post #18   11/19/11 10:37:17AM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,658-951
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by DoTheMMAth

If you don't like the wagers then you would probably be a benefit, especially if you're a good picker, by just not betting at all. Adding a few hundred bucks an event to the team's average is way better than losing money, which happens even if you're a careful better at times.

i wouldnt do it, but it never crossed my mind before. the camp as a whole would have a pretty solid balance after 10 events if they didnt make bets.

anyone know if an entire camp has ever tried this method before?

Post #19   11/19/11 1:17:30PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,928-1,077
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by DoTheMMAth

i wouldnt do it, but it never crossed my mind before. the camp as a whole would have a pretty solid balance after 10 events if they didnt make bets.

anyone know if an entire camp has ever tried this method before?

i can gurantee a camp hasn't.

Mathematically your team would have an average bankroll at the end of the season equal to the average win bonus on your camps picks.

Which probably would sit around 300. I don't think you could win an accolade through that method.

Post #20   11/24/11 2:04:48AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,928-1,077
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Post #21   11/24/11 2:08:38AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2