Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Spike planning Bellator reality show

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

DO YOU SPEAK IT?

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,234-1,182
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
SI.com: A highpoint of your UFC programming was the reality series, The Ultimate Fighter. Have there been any talks for something similar with Bellator in 2013?

Kevin Kay: Yes, there has. One thing we won't do is duplicate The Ultimate Fighter. It's a great franchise and it's going to go on to another network. I actually think the tournament format is a little bit like The Ultimate Fighter without the reality piece of it, per se, because every fighter is fighting three times over the course of the tournament to win the championship. You fight, you lose, you go home. There's a lot of reality already baked into that idea. There's different kinds of reality ideas that were starting to kick around -- nothing we have our hearts set on yet -- but we're hearing lots of good ideas for reality programming around Bellator. But it won't be 16 guys in a house. We're not doing that show over again

SI.com: Would we see this reality TV programming as early as 2013?

Kay: Yes. One of the great things about having this much time to prepare and having Bellator on MTV2 throughout next year, is we have the next 14-15 months to hear a lot of pitches, pick what we want to do, put things in production, (including) a lot of reality programming around Bellator, some shoulder programming. We're going to take Bellator's library of fights, see what's there and see how we can package that because, for the fans, they've not seen most of these Bellator fighters before so we want to build those stars. And it's actually fresh library product, so there's lots we can do and we have 15 months to figure it out.

LINK

Post #1   11/17/11 9:06:15AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,291-1,224
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Sounds good but I bet dana white will have something to say about it

Post #2   11/17/11 10:24:18AM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
I really don't want anymore reality tv. TUF is becoming annoying to watch this season, sitting through like 40 minutes of nonsense to get to the fight,(like UFC on FOX).

I think it would be sorta cool to do something similar to the show "Tapout" where they follow a fighter each week.

Post #3   11/17/11 4:22:41PM