Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC on FOX peaks with 8.8 million viewers for Velasquez-Dos Santos title fight

Print  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
MMA has a new most-watched fight in U.S. television history.

This past weekend's UFC on FOX headliner between Cain Velasquez and new champ Junior Dos Santos peaked with a solid 8.8 million viewers on the FOX network, MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) today confirmed with industry sources.

Within three minutes of the bout's conclusion, the audience dwindled to 5.9 million viewers. Overall, the event averaged 5.7 million viewers.

UFC on FOX took place this past Saturday, Nov. 12, at Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif. While the UFC's landmark seven-year deal with FOX doesn't begin officially until 2012, the Nov. 12 event served as a "teaser" show. Only the main event aired on the one-hour FOX broadcast, and the entire undercard streamed on Facebook and FOXSports.com.

LINK

Post #1   11/16/11 4:41:31PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,557-943
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I guess the reports of the UFC on Fox failing to top the EliteXC on CBS ratings were early. Last time I checked, if you have a higher number of average viewers, and higher peak ratings.... Well, you get the idea.

Let's hope they can get numbers like that back for the first UFC on FX!!! It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia + UFC= Best channel ever.

Last edited 11/16/11 5:15PM server time by pmoney
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   11/16/11 5:13:20PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

I guess the reports of the UFC on Fox failing to top the EliteXC on CBS ratings were early. Last time I checked, if you have a higher number of average viewers, and higher peak ratings.... Well, you get the idea.

Let's hope they can get numbers like that back for the first UFC on FX!!! It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia + UFC= Best channel ever.

I've gotta spread the love but It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is awesome. Wilfred is pretty jokes as well. And I can't forget Louie. All and all, a great channel.

Last edited 11/16/11 5:19PM server time by budgellism
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   11/16/11 5:18:37PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,585-904
Chips:
nice!

Post #4   11/16/11 6:48:32PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,557-943
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by pmoney

I've gotta spread the love but It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is awesome. Wilfred is pretty jokes as well. And I can't forget Louie. All and all, a great channel.

True! Even if the UFC had only moved to FX, I would have been stoked. It really is an infinitely better channel than Spike.

Post #5   11/16/11 7:11:27PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by pmoney

True! Even if the UFC had only moved to FX, I would have been stoked. It really is an infinitely better channel than Spike.

FX is a soild channel all around from the shows to movies it plays... its one of my fav n now UFC

Post #6   11/16/11 7:27:41PM   

TeamDEY

Belt Contender

TeamDEY Avatar

Career:152-124
Chips:
8.8 Million is amazing

Post #7   11/16/11 11:54:45PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,916-1,093
Chips:
That's awesome!!!

Was a little worried about the numbers that were being reported early. This is much better.

Post #8   11/17/11 1:30:52AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
Is it possible for then to exaggerate those numbers? im just curious

Post #9   11/17/11 1:50:35PM