Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

My thoughts on Cung Le VS Wanderlei Silva..

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,351-1,264
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by shaneTpain

Cung Le . 1st rd. KO

Cung is too swift for Wandis pride style ........but if some how some way.... Wandi was to catch Cung with one of those caveman haymakers, ill be the first on my feet with a tear in my eye

This. I have an AV bet with jjeans, and I think I'm picking Le to win. Wandy winning by ko will only make it that much sweeter for me

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #16   11/16/11 9:15:03PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by postman

Who has LE ever beat? Frank Shamrock a split with Scott Smith. Not really top fighters. Now granted Wandy is on the down side and wouldn't be shocked if he did get knocked out but I have to favor Wandy on the shear fact that Le has never fought anyone like him.

At this point, I don't think resumes mean a whole lot. Le is certainly capable of finishing Wandy (and IMO, likely will). In fact, at this point in Wandy's career, he's likely to drop when the vaseline is being rubbed on his face prior to entering the cage.

Seriously, though...I promised myself I'd never pick Wandy to win against another striker after Leben embarassed him. I'm sticking to my guns on this. I don't think it lasts a whole lot longer than the Leben fight did. I think Le stands for a bit before taking him down and pounding him out. Another brutal TKO loss for Wanderlei and his last fight inside the octagon.

Posted by postman

Also 6-26-10 we are talking a year and a half since Cung has seen any action. I have to tak Wand.

Wandy's seen 27 seconds of action since February of 2010.

For what ever reason I feel Wand has been training Cung not so sure. I think I said it wouldn't shock me if Cung lost but I have never been too sold on Cung he just never fought anyone.

Post #17   11/17/11 1:43:14AM   

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,386-1,258
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by postman

For what ever reason I feel Wand has been training Cung not so sure. I think I said it wouldn't shock me if Cung lost but I have never been too sold on Cung he just never fought anyone.

Cung's fighting in front of his home crowd in San Jose. I guarantee he's training.

Post #18   11/17/11 8:51:21AM   

armbar66j7

Standup Guy

armbar66j7 Avatar

Career:217-141
Camp: The Underdogs
Chips:
wnadys chances to win...opening up with a flurry and getting the stoppage

les chances to win...picking wandy apart for 3 rounds, i see this fight going much similar to the the first smith fight, except i see le being more cautious...but thatsn thing though, scott smith has a shit load of heart, wandys heart has been in question for me for about 4 years now, he just doesnt seem like he wants it anymore, so i can never tell which wandy will show up, haha, which is kinda funny, who does that remind you of...bj penn perhaps

Post #19   11/17/11 10:37:36PM   

armbar66j7

Standup Guy

armbar66j7 Avatar

Career:217-141
Camp: The Underdogs
Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by emfleek

Posted by postman

Who has LE ever beat? Frank Shamrock a split with Scott Smith. Not really top fighters. Now granted Wandy is on the down side and wouldn't be shocked if he did get knocked out but I have to favor Wandy on the shear fact that Le has never fought anyone like him.

At this point, I don't think resumes mean a whole lot. Le is certainly capable of finishing Wandy (and IMO, likely will). In fact, at this point in Wandy's career, he's likely to drop when the vaseline is being rubbed on his face prior to entering the cage.

Seriously, though...I promised myself I'd never pick Wandy to win against another striker after Leben embarassed him. I'm sticking to my guns on this. I don't think it lasts a whole lot longer than the Leben fight did. I think Le stands for a bit before taking him down and pounding him out. Another brutal TKO loss for Wanderlei and his last fight inside the octagon.

Posted by postman

Also 6-26-10 we are talking a year and a half since Cung has seen any action. I have to tak Wand.

Wandy's seen 27 seconds of action since February of 2010.

thats a common misconception, you cant base someones individual skill on who theyve fought and beatencung le could knock out wandy anyday, and then his next fight, get sloppy and lose to...lets say...john salter, anyone can beat anyone on any given night, and saying your not sold on someone because of hos lackluster opponents is retarded, i gaurentee youve heard of at least 6 of cungs 7 opponents before they foiught him, just because tony fryklund isnt anderson silvs, doesnt mean he isnt a a great win...and that is all for now haha

Post #20   11/17/11 10:43:22PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
I should have saved my money for this card. This card is much easier for picks and wagers.

Post #21   11/18/11 1:08:03AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I'm pretty surprised by some of the comments in here. Since when does getting KOed by guys like Rampage and Leben mean you have a glass jaw?

I'm taking Cung, but I don't think this is nearly as big of a blowout as most of you are making it out to be. Cung isn't exactly the kind of striker who one-shots people like Rampage and Leben have been known to do very frequently, he grinds people down with a lot of unorthodox kicks from the outside and gets his finishes usually in the later rounds of the fight from a ton of accumulated damage.

Wandy went to war with Liddell and Franklin and absorbed a ton of damage, I don't think his chin is nearly as suspect as people are making it out to be.

Post #22   11/19/11 2:52:24AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2