Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC Quick Quote: Dana White wants you to shut up and stop bitching about not seeing more fights on FOX

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,479-920
Chips:
LINK

"This fight was not part of the (FOX) deal. The deal is for seven years (and) so many fights on FOX. This time, that time, this was never part of the deal. After we signed the deal, FOX said, 'Why don't we do this, why don't we do a fight right away, lets put a great fight on TV, kick it off and let everybody know about the partnership?' That's what this thing was. For anybody to bitch about this fight and they didn't get to see that fight, shut up! You should have bought tickets then if you wanted to see all the fights and you don't like to watch it on Facebook. Seriously, shut up. I don't even want to hear it."

Post #1   11/13/11 12:45:16PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
I knew I was only going to see 1 fight on Fox, but I wasn't aware it was going to take 40 minutes to see that 1 fight.

Post #2   11/13/11 12:53:42PM   

BigIP

Standup Guy

BigIP Avatar

Career:43-35
Chips:
HUGE mistake not to air the Guida vs. Bendo fight. That fight was awesome and would have created a lot of MMA fans. On another note why wasn't this fight a 5 rounder since it was for a title shot?

The Cain JDS fight was awful even the finish wasn't great. Cain was out for a second and recovered pretty quick. Those shots by JDS was very close to the back of the head.

Can't wait for Overeem vs JDS (yes I'm giving Brock zero chance of beating him)

Post #3   11/13/11 1:00:32PM   

DeadHead988

MMA Sensei

DeadHead988 Avatar

Career:367-289
Camp: Midwest Training Center
Chips:
Dana's being a real A-hole about the whole situation

Post #4   11/13/11 1:04:33PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:

Posted by BigIP

HUGE mistake not to air the Guida vs. Bendo fight. That fight was awesome and would have created a lot of MMA fans. On another note why wasn't this fight a 5 rounder since it was for a title shot?

Ben/Guida wasn't the main event. Main events/title fights are only ones that are 5 rounds. It was a no.1 contender fight.

Post #5   11/13/11 1:12:46PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,518-1,294
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I agree. The fact that some MMA fans are going to complain about this after all the steps taken to get us all the prelim fights and now a prime-time free HW title fight that wasn't even part of the FOX deal.... and still people complain? It's like taking a homeless person out to a fancy restaurant and instead of thanking you once they're done eating, they complain that they weren't bought dessert.

Post #6   11/13/11 1:58:56PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Dana's right, shut up and stop bitching!

Post #7   11/13/11 2:05:34PM   

Danny_darko

Learning to Sprawl

Danny_darko Avatar

Career:294-292
Chips:
dana white is a little bitch & needs to listen to his fans

Post #8   11/13/11 2:27:08PM   

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:2,009-1,234
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
Allow me to bitch... I would like to have seen more than 1 fight on fox...I see how they are trying to make it like Boxing with all the hype and hoopla around the big fight... but this isnt boxing

and 2nd, I guess it's my fault, but for some reason I thought all teh fights were going to be on fox...so thank you for having the fights for free on facebook, but I missed them...I know my fault, but still...

Post #9   11/13/11 2:34:55PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,045-1,204
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I'm fine with only seeing 1 fight but when that 1 fight lasts a whole 64 seconds, it leaves something to be desired. How could Dana, or anyone for that matter, have seen this fight only lasting just over a minute. If this fight had gone the whole 5 rounds and been a war, nobody would be complaining right now. But the fact is the fight didn't live up to the massive hype that it generated. Great KO by Junior but not a great fight IMO

Post #10   11/13/11 3:16:39PM   

thepitbull00

MMA Regular

thepitbull00 Avatar

Career:2,360-1,655
Camp: country KO
Chips:
Everyone whose whining just move to Canada....we got to see 3 fights.

Post #11   11/13/11 3:28:00PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,903-1,083
Chips:
I'd like to hear Dana say they learned a lesson from last night rather than acting like he's got sand in his vag at the presser where a lot of mainstream media are attending.

There is no question that airing a second fight would have been better than having Dana complaining about Cain's gameplan.

Worst thing about the show last night was Dana. I was left with the impression after the whole thing was over that the sport needed to outgrow him.

Post #12   11/13/11 3:30:26PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,534-933
Chips:
I will bitch, but let me explain. I will not bitch because of a lackluster card, that was not the case. I enjoyed all the fights last night, especially since they were free. But, in my opinion, this was the worst possible thing that could have happened with this broadcast.

The production values were great. I even got a little emotional, watching how far my favorite sport had come. But to the casual fans who knew nothing about MMA, this broadcast did NOTHING to educate them on what they were seeing. I don't want them to do anything cheesy, but all the JDS and Cain highlights were them KO'ing people. The fight was 64 seconds long before the KO. To the casual fans watching, probably the only perceived difference between "UFC" and Boxing is the gloves and cage.

Hederson-Guida, Garza-Poirier, and Swanson-Lamas were all great fights that would have served well as a true display of MMA. Striking, wrestling, grappling, ground and pound, submissions, etc. That would be an eye opener for those new to the sport. Instead, everyone tuning in was treated to a vintage Mike Tyson like performance, the kind that makes people say "Why pay $50-60 for a sixty second fight?" Broadcasting some other fights could have potentially helped to prevent that.

Last edited 11/13/11 3:34PM server time by pmoney
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #13   11/13/11 3:30:53PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,847-1,629
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

I will bitch, but let me explain. I will not bitch because of a lackluster card, that was not the case. I enjoyed all the fights last nice, especially since they were free. But, in my opinion, this was the worst possible thing that could have happened with this broadcast.

The production values were great. I even got a little emotional, watching how far my favorite sport had come. But to the casual fans who knew nothing about MMA, this broadcast did NOTHING to educate them on what they were seeing. I don't want them to do anything cheesy, but all the JDS and Cain highlights were them KO'ing people. The fight was 64 seconds long before the KO. To the casual fans watching, probably the only perceived difference between "UFC" and Boxing is the gloves and cage.

Hederson-Guida, Garza-Poirier, and Swanson-Lamas were all great fights that would have served well as a true display of MMA. Striking, wrestling, grappling, ground and pound, submissions, etc. That would be an eye opener for those new to the sport. Instead, everyone tuning in was treated to a vintage Mike Tyson like performance, the kind that makes people say "Why pay $50-60 for a sixty second fight?" Broadcasting some other fights could have potentially helped to prevent that.

That's very true. Whoever it was that made the final decision not to show Bendo vs. Guida made a huge mistake.

Post #14   11/13/11 3:36:08PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,503-878
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I agree with the whole boxing in a cage comparison.
I'm happy UFC is with Fox but so far the promo's seem the same as Spike, in their geared strickly with the striking in mind and not the sport as a whole.

Dana did seem generally upset after the fight and I think he made a few valid points but a fights a fight. Cain tested the waters too long and paid the price. After hearing Dana,Brock,and that other guy gawk around for about half an hour Goldberg and Rogan seemed like pure genious. Though I did find Brock funny.

Post #15   11/13/11 3:58:38PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3