Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

How do you feel about Dana's post-main event complaints?

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,983-1,102
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
He's a promoter before he's an analyst and IMO he made a mistake in downing both fighters while he had the chance to hype JDS. And let's not all take a dump on Cain here. The fight only lasted a minute. No reason for Cain to just rush in with takedowns like Lesnar did against him.

Post #16   11/13/11 11:57:31AM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
So in that lone minute, Cain should just bum rush JDS like a Lesnar.

NO. I mean Cain KO'ed Big Nog, he has had success standing, why would he not stand for at least the first minute or more?

It's easy to say that stuff after the fight is over.

Maybe Brock Lesnar shouldn't have tried to pass Cain's butterfly guard so soon, which led to him losing the fight.

Post #17   11/13/11 12:06:09PM   

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Career:472-317
Camp: Journalistas
Chips:
64 seconds isn't that much time to setup a takedown, Dana. JDS has good takedown defense. I don't think Cain was gonna be able to just shoot from distance and hit a double leg. He needed to set up the shot with his strikes, and he got caught before he could do it. It's okay. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Cain did just have major shoulder surgery, and a significant amount of time off. His timing might not have been quite right, he might not have been completely comfortable right away, and the fight was over before we could see if he could execute a game plan. We didn't see enough to know what either guy would have had to offer over the course of several rounds.

Post #18   11/13/11 12:49:00PM   

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,682-1,471
Chips:
Before I start, let me just say that ive always had alot of respect for Dana and defended him at every turn. Hell, even for this event, I defended him for putting 1 fight on a 1 hour broadcast when everybody else was trashing him. But here, I cant help but get pissed.

Junior Dos Santos put his heart and soul into this fight, taking it with a torn meniscus to boot. It was his shining moment, rising from poverty to become one of the p4p best in the sport. And in his shining moment, all Dana White can do it bitch because Cain didn't win like he wanted him too?

Grow the fuck up Dana. JDS is YOUR champion for YOUR company, and your not even gonna show your support for his amazing performance last night? On national televesion, when the whole world is watching, all you can do is show criticism instead of praising a GREAT champion for the sport? I dont give a shit if JDS ruined your plans for breaking into the hispanic market or whatever else. Junior is a great champion and ambassador for the sport. Act like a professional and just be happy for him.

If Dana is going to do that everytime, then he shouldnt be an analyst. Period.

End rant.

Post #19   11/13/11 1:10:41PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,692-972
Chips:
i think last night was all about familiar faces. Big John, DFW, & Brock along w/ the FOX guy who i never know his name but always know his voice when i hear it. I get that, but Dana has been a nervous wreck leading into this & i don't think w/ all the pressure on him that it was smart for him to put himself on live tv & discuss anything

Post #20   11/13/11 4:24:36PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

He said what everyone was thinking. That's why I like how he handles the business and can't stand people like David Stern and Roger Goodell and Bud Selig. They're all fake and have politician personalities.

Dana should continue to keep it real homey.

Roger Goodell makes a salary of ten mill a year...Where do I sign up to be fake?

Post #21   11/13/11 4:37:12PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

So in that lone minute, Cain should just bum rush JDS like a Lesnar.

NO. I mean Cain KO'ed Big Nog, he has had success standing, why would he not stand for at least the first minute or more?

It's easy to say that stuff after the fight is over.

Maybe Brock Lesnar shouldn't have tried to pass Cain's butterfly guard so soon, which led to him losing the fight.

cain also used that butterfly guard to perfection...Good post...

Post #22   11/13/11 4:40:01PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,692-972
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Kpro

He said what everyone was thinking. That's why I like how he handles the business and can't stand people like David Stern and Roger Goodell and Bud Selig. They're all fake and have politician personalities.

Dana should continue to keep it real homey.

Roger Goodell makes a salary of ten mill a year...Where do I sign up to be fake?

DFW's net worth is estimated $150 Million. good post

Last edited 11/13/11 4:42PM server time by Poor_Franklin
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #23   11/13/11 4:41:56PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Chips:
These "fans" that are angry over the fight, must not watch much MMA, b/c that can happen in MMA the fight can end in seconds.

My complaint is how long it took to actually get the fight started. 40 minutes. If you wanted a fight to last longer, then shouldn't have put the HW title on the fox card, especially two big power strikers.

I'm just ready to move on from this and get onto this next card, Shogun/Hendo looks like a solid card.

Post #24   11/13/11 10:15:24PM   

Adrenaline

MMA Sensei

Adrenaline Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
Just my 2 cents:

Like others, I usually always support Dana, he is the man in my book. I do however think he handled it wrong. It was not necessarily what he said (he spoke the truth), it was his demeanor and the timing that was less than perfect. He was obviously stressed out of his mind and it showed but how do you blame the guy.

Secondly, I don't think that Dana wanted Cain to win so much as he just wanted it to be an epic fight. He was hoping that this would be a five round war that got people excited about the sport, instead his champ got knocked out in a minute because of a perceived poor game plan. I'm sure Dana and co. would love to push the "mexican" angle some more to gain PPV's but aside from that I don't think he had a clear favorite. This whole thing bit him in the ass because FOX would not allow more than one fight on the air (well in the US.) I just think that the event had huge potential and although it was still a success, it just wasn't the mega event that DW and Zuffa wanted.

I wouldn't feel too bad about JDS, I have a feeling that he is going to get a big push from the UFC and will be just fine.

Post #25   11/14/11 12:42:22AM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Chips:
All these new fans or viewers need to know that a fight can be over that quick in MMA.

It's like saying the Ravens should have run the ball more after losing to the Seahawks today. 5 Ray Rice carries, but it's easy to say that after the decision.

Of course the losing guy should have done something different, he lost.

Post #26   11/14/11 12:50:27AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2