Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Tapout TV series ???

Print  
Posted By Message

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 39-50

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,612-1,018
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I stumbled upon this on a herbal induced 3 hour late night Wikipedia session & was flabbergasted! I consider myself an MMA addict but I have never heard about the Tapout TV show prior to last night. The wikipedia profile states that the 3 Tapout owner/mascots travel the land in search of mma prospects? The episode list includes some actual legit fighters! (Damacio Page, Antonio Banuelos, Glover Teixeira, Dan Lauzon, Jake Rosholt, Pat Curran, John Dodson, Johny Hendricks!!!! & Cowboy Cerrone HIMSELF!) The premise sounds intriguing but the show only lasted 2 seasons..?

Anyone else ever hear of the show?
Has anyone watched it before?
Was it good/bad/ugly?
Why didn't it last?
Am I an MMA noob for having no knowledge of it?

Insight - Info - Appreciated

Post #1   11/11/11 7:18:02PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,983-1,702
Chips:
It was a decent show. They showed it on Showcase Action (At least for me). I have no idea why they stopped airing it though.

Post #2   11/11/11 7:28:02PM   

UFC_Fanatic

Belt Contender

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:1,554-951
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:

Posted by shaneTpain

I stumbled upon this on a herbal induced 3 hour late night Wikipedia session & was flabbergasted! I consider myself an MMA addict but I have never heard about the Tapout TV show prior to last night. The wikipedia profile states that the 3 Tapout owner/mascots travel the land in search of mma prospects? The episode list includes some actual legit fighters! (Damacio Page, Antonio Banuelos, Glover Teixeira, Dan Lauzon, Jake Rosholt, Pat Curran, John Dodson, Johny Hendricks!!!! & Cowboy Cerrone HIMSELF!) The premise sounds intriguing but the show only lasted 2 seasons..?

Anyone else ever hear of the show?
Has anyone watched it before?
Was it good/bad/ugly?
Why didn't it last?
Am I an MMA noob for having no knowledge of it?

Insight - Info - Appreciated

I watched it all the time on versus. I think I caught the last part of the first season and the majority of the second season. I liked it, then again, I like making sure that I have as many relative unknowns who have a potentially huge future on my radar as possible. Hell, I was waiting for almost 4 or 5 months prior to this years UFC in Brazil event for the chance to see Erick Silva in the octagon.

Back on topic, I don't know why it was cancelled. Personally I thought it was pretty good, but that is just me.

Post #3   11/11/11 7:39:53PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Some parts of it were good, but there were some scripted parts as with most reality tv.

The Dan Lauzon one, got Joe upset b/c the Tapout guys thought Dan was trying hard, but he wasn't going hard in training b/c his fight was in a couple days.

It aired on Versus for me. I assume ratings and the passing of Mask.

Post #4   11/11/11 7:44:14PM   

teamquestnorth

Standup Guy

teamquestnorth Avatar

Career:934-634
Camp: The Underground
Chips:
yeah mask was a huge part of the show. punkass and skyscrape couldnt carry the show by themselves. it was a good show i liked it

Post #5   11/11/11 8:12:57PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,114-1,232
Chips:
I thought it was ok. Worth a half thumbs up

Last edited 11/11/11 8:15PM server time by prophecy033
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   11/11/11 8:14:55PM   

deezyo

MMA Regular

deezyo Avatar

Career:979-773
Camp: C.O.B.
Chips:
they also followed a fighter along named Matt Major, he was a loose cannon. I remember he was makin fun of Punkass on the bus.

Post #7   11/12/11 11:28:24PM