Today's Topics Unanswered Topics Avatar Bets Search PM's My Props Member Directory Premium Members Recent Polls Subscriptions Rules

Sponsors

UFC on FOX's Ben Henderson promises his fight will be on TV 'somehow, someway'

UFC on FOX's Ben Henderson promises his fight will be on TV 'somehow, someway'
Posted By Message

Randy is King

Budgellism Avatar

Career record: 1217-704
Season: 33-19 (#176)
Bankroll: $668 (#1481)
13239 posts
Joined 4/07
When UFC president Dana White says his company is focused solely on the promotion of Cain Velasquez vs. Junior Dos Santos leading into this weekend's UFC on FOX event in Anaheim, Calif., he means it.

Unfortunately, that means a critical bout in the lightweight division between perennial contender Clay Guida (29-11 MMA, 9-5 UFC) and former WEC champ Ben Henderson (14-2 MMA, 2-0 UFC) has flown largely under the radar.

But if you listen to "Smooth," it won't stay that way for long. Henderson thinks his promotion will take place when the cage door shuts.

"Someway, somehow, this fight will make it to air," Henderson said at Thursday's pre-UFC on FOX media workouts in Rosemead, Calif. "If it is afterward or whatever, Dana White is going to want to put this one on primetime television. He's going to be like, 'Oh, wow. We need to get this on TV somehow, someway.' I'm going to make sure of that."

UFC and FOX officials, of course, elected to feature only the card's heavyweight title fight on the night's special one-hour "teaser" special. But hardcore fans will be forced to stream the fight via Facebook or FOXSports.com (or watch in Spanish on FOX Deportes).

LINK

Post #1   11/10/11 8:55:29PM   

KungFuMaster
Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career record: 320-268
Season: 0-0 (#-)
Bankroll: $1,000
3934 posts
Joined 5/11
I hope the fight makes it on TV as well. I think the pace between Guida and Henderson is going to be sick and IMO the fight has all the potentials of FOTN.

Post #2   11/11/11 12:44:41AM   

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar
Career record: 429-291
Season: 0-0 (#-)
Bankroll: $1,000
3181 posts
Joined 9/09
i think i care more about this fight than the title fight. its all free so i really like this card anyway

Post #3   11/11/11 1:51:42AM   

Username:

Password:

Keep me logged in