Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

An inside look at Dana White

Print  
Posted By Message

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,232-1,201
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
LAS VEGAS
The face of the UFC is, quite literally, foaming at the mouth.

I am ushered into Dana White’s personal office by his charming public-relations guru, and before she can introduce us, he emerges: bald, beaming, suddenly and surprisingly charismatic, wearing hip-ripped jeans and a T-shirt and mumbling through the white madness, “Hi! Come in!”

All I see at first is white foam, bubbling at smiling lips, the kind of lather you might expect if you allow yourself to believe in the supernatural, particularly from a man crazy enough to go from hotel valet in Boston to instructor to, thanks to some nudging by the Boston ***** to get the hell out of dodge, a Vegas man.

And to, a few short years later, multimillionaire and face and force behind mixed martial arts, one of the country’s fastest rising sports.

I am too stunned to speak. And then I see the toothbrush. I exhale and realize the president of the UFC is, in fact, merely brushing his teeth.

Still, this candid look at a complicated man serves as the perfect introduction in a two-day blitz, on the verge of UFC 137, to Dana White and his fast-paced world. It will turn out that White, a 42-year-old mesh of controversy, cunning, charm, vision and intensity, is everything his newfangled PR machine wants you know about him — and everything they want you not to know.
Link

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #1   11/9/11 1:20:36PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
I was unsure if I wanted to open this thread after reading the title.

Post #2   11/9/11 1:40:36PM   

VILLIN

Human/Sloth Hybrid

VILLIN Avatar

Career:1,795-1,027
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Very interesting article, it must be a nightmare being Dana's PR schlub.

Post #3   11/9/11 11:22:44PM