Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Whats the deal with Nick Pace? and why does no one acknowledge Menjivar?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

armbar66j7

Standup Guy

armbar66j7 Avatar

Career:217-141
Camp: The Underdogs
Chips:
Ok, so i have a bone to pick about nick pace, and its been bothering me. every site i go to, and most mma enthusiasts i talk to hype this kid up like hes top 10 bw and hes actually a favorite to some against torres.....hahahahaha....how can anyone on any website honestly tell me that nick pace is that far up in the ranks, when no one even acknowledges the guy who just beat him, ivan menjivar, whos always been consistent. it juust dont make sense, hes 1-2 in his top level fights, and his notable win hids over will campuzano...give me a break, acknowledge menjivar at least.

again, i wanna make it very clear, i am not bashing, i am just trying to prove a point that some people are idiots

Post #1   11/7/11 9:08:07PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,983-1,702
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Torres UD

Also, Menjivar is awesome. SHATTERED Valencia's nose.

Post #2   11/7/11 9:19:45PM   

armbar66j7

Standup Guy

armbar66j7 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Torres UD

you didnt really agree or disagree or even say anything close to what i was addressing...but...i...agree? hahaha

Post #3   11/7/11 9:20:51PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by armbar66j7

Ok, so i have a bone to pick about nick pace, and its been bothering me. every site i go to, and most mma enthusiasts i talk to hype this kid up like hes top 10 bw and hes actually a favorite to some against torres.....hahahahaha....how can anyone on any website honestly tell me that nick pace is that far up in the ranks, when no one even acknowledges the guy who just beat him, ivan menjivar, whos always been consistent. it juust dont make sense, hes 1-2 in his top level fights, and his notable win hids over will campuzano...give me a break, acknowledge menjivar at least.

again, i wanna make it very clear, i am not bashing, i am just trying to prove a point that some people are idiots

Who's Nick Pace?

Post #4   11/7/11 9:25:18PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,331-1,251
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
This has been used numerous times before and seems like another appropriate time to use it.

Last edited 11/7/11 9:27PM server time by kopower
Edit note/reason: na

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #5   11/7/11 9:26:45PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,983-1,702
Chips:

Posted by armbar66j7

Posted by Budgellism

Torres UD

you didnt really agree or disagree or even say anything close to what i was addressing...but...i...agree? hahaha

lol, I didn't want to end up typing a huge paragraph, I'm pretty tired and I've gotta wake up at 5 for work:thumbs down: I summed up my entire point (agreeing with you in certain areas) by predicting Torres UD and saying Menjivar is awesome and should be recognized as such.

Post #6   11/7/11 9:37:45PM   

armbar66j7

Standup Guy

armbar66j7 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by armbar66j7

Posted by Budgellism

Torres UD

lol, I didn't want to end up typing a huge paragraph, I'm pretty tired and I've gotta wake up at 5 for work:thumbs down: I summed up my entire point (agreeing with you in certain areas) by predicting Torres UD and saying Menjivar is awesome and should be recognized as such.

its all good man, i gotta get up at 7 myself, and got a crying baby in the other room whom my gf is getting up for as we speak hahaha, lifes awesome isnt it

Post #7   11/7/11 9:52:23PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,937-1,077
Chips:
Fans hype Pace because he's exciting and used a Pillory Choke to beat Campuzano. He might not do well against most high level fighters, but the kid has skills. Not to mention a lot of fans didn't like when Menjivar came in at 138ibs against Pace.

And the reason Menjivar isn't as hyped as he should be is due to the fact that's he just now winning in the big leagues. Prior to WEC merging with the UFC, Menjivar was 0-1 under the UFC banner, and lost to almost every big name he faced. I don't think anyone has anything against him, he's just been around the block a few times and everyone already knows him.

As for Torres/Pace, it's best not to do MMAth. Pace could very well pull the upset here. Remember, NO ONE gave Brian Bowles a chance at winning against Torres in their title fight, and yet he ended up knocking out. Anything can happen, and Pace is one of those underdogs that could prove a lot of fans wrong.

Post #8   11/7/11 9:58:10PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,331-1,251
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Fans hype Pace because he's exciting and used a Pillory Choke to beat Campuzano. He might not do well against most high level fighters, but the kid has skills. Not to mention a lot of fans didn't like when Menjivar came in at 138ibs against Pace.

And the reason Menjivar isn't as hyped as he should be is due to the fact that's he just now winning in the big leagues. Prior to WEC merging with the UFC, Menjivar was 0-1 under the UFC banner, and lost to almost every big name he faced. I don't think anyone has anything against him, he's just been around the block a few times and everyone already knows him.

As for Torres/Pace, it's best not to do MMAth. Pace could very well pull the upset here. Remember, NO ONE gave Brian Bowles a chance at winning against Torres in their title fight, and yet he ended up knocking out. Anything can happen, and Pace is one of those underdogs that could prove a lot of fans wrong.

Pace is a good fighter with legit skills, and Torres is no world beater himself. I think fans are up on Pace for bringing a great fight to Ivan, and arguably winning that fight.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #9   11/7/11 10:30:55PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Yeah, I had Pace beating Ivan on my scorecards. Even though I picked Ivan, I believe or maybe I switched it.

But Pace should have won.

I don't hear a lot of hype of him, though I don't go around to a lot sites and stuff.

Post #10   11/8/11 2:07:46AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,631-1,351
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

I agree with this, the last time Menjivar fought for the UFC was on the card that Mir broke Sylvia's arm for the title, pre-motorcycle accident. He was also GSP's first ever opponent. So his name has essentially been known for ages, whereas Pace is a newer name and anything shiny and new gets more hype/attention. Surprisingly, Ivan is still in his 20's though.

Last edited 11/8/11 4:42AM server time by Kpro
Edit note/reason: n/a
4 total post edits

Post #11   11/8/11 4:00:15AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
If Torres wins I dont see it by decision but by submission...Only way Torres will win a decision these days if someone stands on the outside and lets Torres box....Torres is actually to me just very weak in a division with short stronger guys...He needs to retire cause BJJ isnt something people worry about anymore for the most part unless somoen gets rocked its a good way to end a fight...

If Torres was smart he would utilize teh front kick like guys have been doing with lengthy frames...

However Torres is so scared to be taken down he just wont...

Last edited 11/8/11 10:17AM server time by kingsmasher
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #12   11/8/11 10:17:14AM   

armbar66j7

Standup Guy

armbar66j7 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

If Torres wins I dont see it by decision but by submission...Only way Torres will win a decision these days if someone stands on the outside and lets Torres box....Torres is actually to me just very weak in a division with short stronger guys...He needs to retire cause BJJ isnt something people worry about anymore for the most part unless somoen gets rocked its a good way to end a fight...

If Torres was smart he would utilize teh front kick like guys have been doing with lengthy frames...

However Torres is so scared to be taken down he just wont...

thats not even relevant to what im saying....im talking about people giving nick pace props he hasnt earned YET, im not saying he cant beat torres, or he isnt tough, or isnt a good fighter...im saying that hes coming off a loss, so how is he ranked higher than the guy who beat him?

the only other way he shopuld be higher than mernjivar is if he waqs a champion and lost conroversially

and to everyone else, the way i saw the fight was menjivar by split decision, it was close yea, but he deffinetly won that fight

Post #13   11/8/11 2:18:38PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,363-1,248
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

He needs to retire

Post #14   11/8/11 2:23:09PM   

armbar66j7

Standup Guy

armbar66j7 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by emfleek

[/QUOTE

thats quite a confusing smiley face thing, is he supposed to be rolling his eyes? lol

Post #15   11/8/11 6:17:43PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2