Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC boss won't rule out Paul Daley return but admits he's still 'not a fan'

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
BIRMINGHAM, England – British slugger Paul Daley may have potentially removed himself from UFC president Dana White's "pay no mind" list, but don't expect him to be stepping into the octagon anytime soon.

At Saturday night's UFC 138 post-event press conference in Birmingham, England, UFC president Dana White didn't necessarily uphold his "never again" stance on the banished welterweight but did say Daley wasn't exactly on his radar.

And while making the comment, White also seemed to suggest that the current Strikeforce-Showtime talks, of which he recently took charge, are at least currently ongoing.

LINK

Post #1   11/6/11 2:31:00AM   

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Chips:
It's not if he returns, it's when. Dana knows if fans want to see Daley back he will eventually sign him.

Post #2   11/6/11 2:40:48AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
boooooooooooooo

Post #3   11/6/11 3:00:04AM   

Geoffo

Standup Guy

Geoffo Avatar

Career:176-119
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

It's not if he returns, it's when. Dana knows if fans want to see Daley back he will eventually sign him.

You never know. I don't have anything against Paul Daley. But its not like hes on a tear right now, Dana should keep his word.

Post #4   11/6/11 3:01:25AM   

OnyxShadow

Fearless Leader

OnyxShadow Avatar

Career:1,955-937
Camp: World Top Team
Chips:
I'd much rather see Maiquel Falcao back in the UFC than Daley. Falcao actually has a chance to have an inpact on his division.

Post #5   11/6/11 9:37:33AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,067-623
Chips:

Posted by OnyxShadow

I'd much rather see Maiquel Falcao back in the UFC than Daley. Falcao actually has a chance to have an inpact on his division.

I agree with both of you. Falcao was dropped because of an alleged incident, not something that happened in the octogan

Post #6   11/6/11 9:56:05AM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Posted by OnyxShadow

I agree with both of you. Falcao was dropped because of an alleged incident, not something that happened in the octogan

Are you serious?! He beat up a woman! An it wasn't the first time he's been accused of it or found guilty! Dana is right banning him from the UFC. He's a chump.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #7   11/6/11 11:27:11AM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,428-1,454
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

Posted by airkerma

Posted by OnyxShadow

Are you serious?! He beat up a woman! An it wasn't the first time he's been accused of it or found guilty! Dana is right banning him from the UFC. He's a chump.

also i think Falcao also accused the ufc of cheatin..sayin that the clock dissappeared in the first round and that they'll saving Harris..u dont accused the UFC of something and expect to still be in the rooster..ps. Falcao lost to a unknown fighter recently in the last 2 months..that worst than losin to Diaz and Woodley back to back, imho..bring Semtex back

Last edited 11/6/11 12:43PM server time by rhythmandstyle
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   11/6/11 12:43:38PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,067-623
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

Posted by airkerma

Posted by OnyxShadow

yikes hit a nerve there. Last I heard it was an accusation. I never heard if there was a case or anything to follow up. If I am right about that aspect, innocent until proven guilty, right? And if im wrong, how about nfl, nba, and mlb as far as criminals being allowed to play? Rothlesburger has multiple sexual accusations and is starting, so unless society totally changes falcao should be able to fight.

Post #9   11/6/11 1:44:47PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Posted by SmileR

Posted by airkerma

Posted by OnyxShadow

yikes hit a nerve there. Last I heard it was an accusation. I never heard if there was a case or anything to follow up. If I am right about that aspect, innocent until proven guilty, right? And if im wrong, how about nfl, nba, and mlb as far as criminals being allowed to play? Rothlesburger has multiple sexual accusations and is starting, so unless society totally changes falcao should be able to fight.

He's already served a 2 year sentence for a similar crime in Brazil. I'm all for second chances but if you mess up again why not cut your losses an sever the tie?
I don't know why Rothlesburger is allowed to play but why can't the UFC set the standard for other sports to follow? Just because other sports let morons play why should MMA be the same?
I think Dana made the right move, why should he let the guy back? Daley sucker punched another fighter after the bell so I can sort of see letting him back if he wants but Falcao beat up a woman an has been accused of doing it again. Why let a loser like that make UFC money?

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #10   11/6/11 2:48:22PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
Personally I hate athletes who have poor sportsmanship. Whether Daley gets back into the octagon or not, I really don't care.

Call me crazy but I actually think Daley will be a good draw if the ufc lets him back in. In almost every sport, fans like to have someone they can love and someone they can hate as well. After what he did, you can rest assure many fans want to see him get beaten up.>>>But like I said, I really don't care what-so-ever.

Post #11   11/6/11 3:38:41PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,062-1,210
Chips:
Let him back in and pit him against Kos again. Lord knows Daley would hate that.

Post #12   11/6/11 4:59:20PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
Daley doesn't deserve to fight in the UFC. Dana needs to stand by his words.

Post #13   11/6/11 5:58:12PM   

40ouncetpkid

Belt Contender

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:289-174
Camp: Octagon Winners
Chips:
Pretty much it means "knock out marquardt who I like even less since he's more recent and you'll be back."

I love it! Why is their so much hate towards daley are you kidding me? Most of you said "I don't care if a fighter is gay I just like the fighter" what the heck is the difference here? Diaz and co. jumped mayhem and a lot of you still like him.

Pretty hypocritical if you ask me. I like daley he's an exciting fighter and made the ufc ww division so much more exciting. And seriously who in their right mind would not pay good money for daley/diaz or daley/kampman 2?

Post #14   11/6/11 7:20:42PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by 40ouncetpkid

Pretty much it means "knock out marquardt who I like even less since he's more recent and you'll be back."

I love it! Why is their so much hate towards daley are you kidding me? Most of you said "I don't care if a fighter is gay I just like the fighter" what the heck is the difference here? Diaz and co. jumped mayhem and a lot of you still like him.

Pretty hypocritical if you ask me. I like daley he's an exciting fighter and made the ufc ww division so much more exciting. And seriously who in their right mind would not pay good money for daley/diaz or daley/kampman 2?

What in the world is the connection between being gay and sucker punching your opponent after a fight?

The difference between Daley's incident, and Diaz, is that Miller incited the attack. I don't agree with the beatdown, but Daley's incident was completely uncalled for and unprovoked.

Post #15   11/7/11 10:10:29AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2