Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Cesar Gracie Makes Formal Offer To Unite Team Penn & Team Gracie Into One Fight Team/Alliance

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:3,003-1,643
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
“I was reminded by something that happened many, many years ago. I think BJ was probably about 17 at the time, we were at a tournament and I was giving one of my guy’s instructions. At the time there was an alliance, it was my school and Ralphs school and we where one team and BJ was on that team.

I was giving one of my guys instructions and I looked over to my left a little bit and I saw BJ’s eyes focused on every word I was saying and he kind of smiled and said, ‘You always have the best advice, that’s why I always listen to you.’

And it just reminded me, years and years have passed since then, but BJ, take my advice now, it’s time to make something new happen. “

These are the sentiments of famed coach and leader of the Gracie Fight Team, Cesar Gracie, as he tells it exclusively to BJPENN.COM this afternoon...

Full Story

Post #1   11/4/11 2:00:12PM   

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,386-1,258
Chips:
It's a win/win for everyone involved, imo.

Post #2   11/4/11 2:01:27PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,983-1,102
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
BJ doesn't need a new team or new coaches. He's lost the will to fight. Simple as that. You can't fight to your full potential if your heart's not in it.

Post #3   11/4/11 2:02:35PM   

quezocrema0032

Belt Contender

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:2,064-1,097
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

BJ doesn't need a new team or new coaches. He's lost the will to fight. Simple as that. You can't fight to your full potential if your heart's not in it.

Hes not only referring to bj as a fighter but as a coach. He has a team he instructs and gracie is suggesting they merge and become one big team. I personally love the idea and respect that this was prob suggested so that these two teams never clash again because diaz vs prnn was that uncomfortable for both teams

Post #4   11/4/11 2:20:32PM   

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,386-1,258
Chips:

Posted by quezocrema0032

Posted by FastKnockout

Hes not only referring to bj as a fighter but as a coach. He has a team he instructs and gracie is suggesting they merge and become one big team. I personally love the idea and respect that this was prob suggested so that these two teams never clash again because diaz vs prnn was that uncomfortable for both teams

Agreed. Also, no one knows (not even BJ, I'm assuming) at this point just what it will take to regain that will to fight. This could be what he needs. Something fresh.

Last edited 11/4/11 2:26PM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   11/4/11 2:22:19PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by quezocrema0032

Posted by FastKnockout

Agreed. Also, no one knows (not even BJ, I'm assuming) at this point just what it will take to regain that will to fight. This could be what he needs. Something fresh.

Well IMO I am seriously doubting BJ wants to leave Hawaii and his family too go hang out with teh gangsta brothers at teh I hate GSP gym....hes not going to Stockton...lol would you?

Post #6   11/4/11 2:32:39PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,983-1,102
Chips:

Posted by quezocrema0032

Posted by FastKnockout

That's what I get for commenting without reading the article.

Post #7   11/4/11 2:32:45PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,663-1,374
Chips:
There are a lot of young fighters at BJ's gym that would benefit immensely from this. The Cesar Gracie camp has excellent coaches not to mention what some of their fighters could teach, and BJ has coaches there that would benefit the Cesar Gracie camp as well. Can't see any downside to this.

Post #8   11/4/11 2:47:53PM   

Wolf

MMA Regular

Wolf Avatar

Career:378-248
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:
Isn't BJ's team part of Nova Uniao?

Post #9   11/4/11 7:11:11PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,663-1,374
Chips:

Posted by Wolf

Isn't BJ's team part of Nova Uniao?

I don't know if there is a right or wrong answer to this. I know the lead jiu-jjitsu instructor at BJ Penn's MMA Academy in Hilo is Renato Verissimo who is a Nova Uniao BJJ black belt. So it is said frequently that they teach Nova Uniao BJJ at BJ Penn's MMA Academy. I don't know if they just say it because of who their head instructor is, or if it actually is an alliance that extends beyond that.

Last edited 11/4/11 7:34PM server time by Kpro

Post #10   11/4/11 7:33:54PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

hes not going to Stockton...lol would you?

to train with the Diaz Bros, Shields and Melendez? hells yes i would

plus the joints would be awesome

Last edited 11/4/11 9:30PM server time by bubbles

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #11   11/4/11 9:29:18PM   

Geoffo

Standup Guy

Geoffo Avatar

Career:176-119
Chips:
Shit that was long, but thank you for the read/audio.

Post #12   11/6/11 2:52:15AM