Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Fedor's manager worried about next fight

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

emfleek

DO YOU SPEAK IT?

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,234-1,182
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Notably quiet and reserved, it’s rare that Emelianenko really elaborates about his fights, whether he wins or loses.

“Fedor’s mentioned to me after his last three fights that he could have won, but that he felt something went wrong at a certain moment in the fight,” said Finkelstein, “but he felt like he could’ve totally won the fights.”

Another subject Emelianenko won’t broach is his family life. I’ve asked him about it in the past and he’s always politely declined my questions. Emelianenko’s also the type of fighter who doesn’t make excuses for his losses, but Finkelstein filled me in on the drama that followed the Russian fighter to America last July

“Prior to his last fight (against Henderson), Fedor’s wife was giving birth right as he was flying over,” said Finkelstein. “He actually found out about the birth of his (third) daughter as he made a connecting flight in Germany on his way to Chicago. There were some medical complications with the birth and he was extremely worried. It was a difficult time and there was a lot of psychological pressure, so maybe he wasn’t all there in his mind.”

LINK

Post #1   11/4/11 10:37:36AM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:860-491
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
“Fedor’s mentioned to me after his last three fights that he could have won, but that he felt something went wrong at a certain moment in the fight"

Yeah, it's called getting your face bashed in, well at least in his last 2 fights, Werdum fight was just a mental fart, or he just didn't believe Werdum's BJJ was that good.

Post #2   11/4/11 10:52:15AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,481-868
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I'm sure he's got some crap going on in his life. Everyone does. Its also quite likely that these things affect his performances. But keep it to yourself.

Fedor's manager just sounds like he his making excuses. What Fedor needs is results, not reasons.

Post #3   11/4/11 11:42:49AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-341
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
As a Fedor fan, it is difficult to bet against him but I think Monson has the tools and the size to administer the 4th consecutive loss.

But as crooked as M-1 is, I would not be surprise if something weird happened in the fight.

Last edited 11/4/11 11:46AM server time by KungFuMaster
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   11/4/11 11:45:28AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,911-1,142
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

As a Fedor fan, it is difficult to bet against him but I think Monson has the tools and the size to administer the 4th consecutive loss.

maybe on the ground but not so much on the feet. Monsons got t-rex arms and IMO the only way he's gonna take this is by getting it to the ground

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

Post #5   11/4/11 11:47:18AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by KungFuMaster

maybe on the ground but not so much on the feet. Monsons got t-rex arms and IMO the only way he's gonna take this is by getting it to the ground

That's what I'm thinking will happen.

Post #6   11/4/11 12:18:59PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by KungFuMaster

No way. Fedor is way better on the feet, faster, and probably equally as good on the ground.

This is going to be a cake walk for the Last Emperor.

Post #7   11/4/11 12:35:46PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by KungFuMaster

No way. Fedor is way better on the feet, faster, and probably equally as good on the ground.

You are not following the conversation.
-I said Monson has the tools and size to win.
-Prophecy said, in his opinion, Monson's best chances is taking it to the ground.
-I said yes, I agree and I think that is what's going to happen >>>referencing that Monson will take Fedor to the ground.

Post #8   11/4/11 1:02:55PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by KungFuMaster

Lol cake walk? that sounds familiar...

Post #9   11/4/11 1:24:55PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,431-836
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Notably quiet and reserved, it’s rare that Emelianenko really elaborates about his fights, whether he wins or loses.

“Fedor’s mentioned to me after his last three fights that he could have won, but that he felt something went wrong at a certain moment in the fight,” said Finkelstein, “but he felt like he could’ve totally won the fights.”

Another subject Emelianenko won’t broach is his family life. I’ve asked him about it in the past and he’s always politely declined my questions. Emelianenko’s also the type of fighter who doesn’t make excuses for his losses, but Finkelstein filled me in on the drama that followed the Russian fighter to America last July

“Prior to his last fight (against Henderson), Fedor’s wife was giving birth right as he was flying over,” said Finkelstein. “He actually found out about the birth of his (third) daughter as he made a connecting flight in Germany on his way to Chicago. There were some medical complications with the birth and he was extremely worried. It was a difficult time and there was a lot of psychological pressure, so maybe he wasn’t all there in his mind.”

LINK

This in a way (with emphasis) reminds me of Dana talking about Forrest getting ready to have a kid right before the Shogun rematch.

Post #10   11/4/11 3:31:19PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:2,501-1,553
Camp: country KO
Chips:
Nah it was the psychic Dim Mak again. duh.

Post #11   11/4/11 4:21:30PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:
Monson has an excellent top game and pretty good wrestling for a primarily BJJ guy. Fedor has to knock him out and he's not known for being finished, just ask prime Chuck Liddell.

Post #12   11/4/11 4:49:24PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

-Prophecy said, in his opinion, Monson's best chances is taking it to the ground.
-I said yes, I agree and I think that is what's going to happen >>>referencing that Monson will take Fedor to the ground.

Thanks for the recap. Sounds like my comment followed the conversation perfectly.

Post #13   11/4/11 6:33:38PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by KungFuMaster

Thanks for the recap. Sounds like my comment followed the conversation perfectly.

Hes waiting for you to reaffirm that fedor knows how to sprawl.

Post #14   11/4/11 6:57:03PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by KungFuMaster

No it did not. It came from left field from the other side of the moon.

Recap in short:
Person A - Monson could beat Fedor.
Person B - Monson could win if he takes it to the ground.
Person A - That is what I meant.
Person C - No way man! Chuck Liddell is the best fighter in the world!

That was a bit of exaggeration but I think you get the point.

Post #15   11/4/11 7:24:47PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2