Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Jake Ellenberger: 'I Would Like to Fight Nick Diaz'

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,722-963
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Jake Ellenberger is coming off the biggest win of his career over Jake Shields, and Nick Diaz is coming off the biggest win of his career over B.J. Penn. While Diaz is locked into a February title shot with Georges St. Pierre, Ellenberger has expressed some interest in fighting Diaz down the line. In fact, he wasn't very complimentary towards Diaz at all when talking to ESPN UK. He thinks GSP is going to walk through the pride of Stockton:

"He likes to run his mouth, I don't get him. He just likes to talk and he is what he is," Ellenberger told ESPN.

"He's gonna get his coming against GSP. GSP's motivated, I don't see what Nick's going to bring to the table. Jake Shields was a more difficult fight for GSP.

"GSP's a lot faster than Diaz, Diaz has no power, he's not going to knock him out. He should have finished BJ and he couldn't even do that."

LINK

Post #1   11/3/11 8:07:52PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,439-1,253
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
"He should have finished BJ and he couldn't even do that."

Not only disrespectful to BJ Penn who's notorious for not getting finished but also this is coming from the guy who couldn't finish, and according to some, lost the Split Decision he was awarded over unknown Carlos Eduardo Rocha 2 fights ago. Talk about not being able to put someone away. That fight is example A.

This is the first time I can remember Ellenberger making hypocritical comments. He's always seemed like a Brian Stann kind of guy to me.

Last edited 11/3/11 8:29PM server time by Kpro
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   11/3/11 8:21:55PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

"He should have finished BJ and he couldn't even do that."

Not only disrespectful to BJ Penn who's notorious for not getting finished but also this is coming from the guy who couldn't finish, and according to some, lost the Split Decision he was awarded over unknown Carlos Eduardo Rocha 2 fights ago. Talk about not being able to put someone away. That fight is example A.

This is the first time I can remember Ellenberger making hypocritical comments. He's always seemed like a Brian Stann kind of guy to me.

but he KO'd Shields!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited 11/3/11 8:36PM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #3   11/3/11 8:36:01PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,439-1,253
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

That's true, and great for him. He deserves whatever success he gets. His career and the story of his brother is great.

But it's hypocritical what he's saying in this particular linked interview.

Nick Diaz has finished 21 of his 26 wins and hasn't had a lackluster performance in over 4 years. Jake Ellenberger has finished 22 of his 26 wins and had a lackluster performance this year.

Just strange comments for Jake to make when talking about a guy who finishes as often as he does, has been more consistent in performance fight to fight lately, and to imply that BJ Penn should've been finished as if it was strange that he wasn't is disrespectul to Penn.

BJ was finished inside 15 minutes one time over the course of 10 1/2 years and 26 fights against top competition, and that was by Hughes at the 3:53 mark of the third. The comments just don't fit Jake's personality to me because what he says makes no sense.

Post #4   11/3/11 8:51:37PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,991-1,181
Chips:
Diaz is gonna be a much harder test for GSP then Shields was. Shields is pretty much a BJJ guy with very limited stand-up skills, think robot on the feet. Diaz, on the other hand, has great stand-up with stellar BJJ to back it up. GSP is gonna have a lot more to think about against Diaz than he did against Shields.

Post #5   11/3/11 9:23:55PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
I BELIEVE in Jake E.

Post #6   11/3/11 9:27:28PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by Bubbles

That's true, and great for him. He deserves whatever success he gets. His career and the story of his brother is great.

But it's hypocritical what he's saying in this particular linked interview.

Nick Diaz has finished 21 of his 26 wins and hasn't had a lackluster performance in over 4 years. Jake Ellenberger has finished 22 of his 26 wins and had a lackluster performance this year.

Just strange comments for Jake to make when talking about a guy who finishes as often as he does, has been more consistent in performance fight to fight lately, and to imply that BJ Penn should've been finished as if it was strange that he wasn't is disrespectul to Penn.

BJ was finished inside 15 minutes one time over the course of 10 1/2 years and 26 fights against top competition, and that was by Hughes at the 3:53 mark of the third. The comments just don't fit Jake's personality to me because what he says makes no sense.

oh i understand. i was being partially sarcastic (i guess i should used the universal instead...damn trying to be different)

every fighter has a lackluster fight every now and then. even the best (GSP, Silva) have had their occasional off nights. i dont remember his fight with Rocha, so i cant really comment on it, but for someone who has finished all but 4 wins something had to not be right in that instance. maybe b/c he finished Shields (being the first person to do so since his 3rd pro fight 11 years ago) in under a minute, he has a new way of thinking. i dont necessarily agree with it, but there was a time or two in this fight where i was yelling at Diaz to be more aggressive in volume and finish Penn...he had at least one opportunity to do so. that may be what he was referring to.

maybe we are reading too much into this...it could just be a straight attack on Diaz without any intention of disrespecting Penn. its like GSP/Kos II - lots of people ripped on GSP for not finishing Kos, even though he isnt one to get finished often (only twice to be exact)...dont you think that is disrespecting Kos' heart and his ability to hang in there and still fight with a broken orbital rather than taking the easy way out?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #7   11/3/11 10:03:37PM   

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,722-963
Chips:
There's really only two motives to cause Ellenberger's rant..

1. He doesn't like Nick Diaz - No one can really blame him. Diaz has just as many haters as he does fans. Diaz's personality has the ability to put a lot of people on edge.

2. He wants to take the Chael Sonnen route - Sonnen's proved that if you want to fight someone in specific, the best way to make sure it happens is to create drama around it, which will bring in publicity. Diaz is doing it himself for his fight with GSP.

Post #8   11/3/11 10:09:30PM   

DeadHead988

MMA Sensei

DeadHead988 Avatar

Career:367-289
Camp: Midwest Training Center
Chips:
Ellenberger's a beast and would thrash Diaz and Condit in a rematch. If any of those fights get made I'll av bet on them.

Post #9   11/3/11 10:14:16PM   

Geoffo

Standup Guy

Geoffo Avatar

Career:176-119
Chips:
Jake E. will "Burger Slap" the hell out of the stockton boy. No offence to the stockton boy.

Post #10   11/3/11 10:18:09PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
When Ellenberger gets his chance to fight for the title, he will walk away as the new champ, plain and simple.

Post #11   11/3/11 10:21:11PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,207-1,505
Chips:
I have to disagree with most of what Jake says. One thing I have to seriously laugh at is...""GSP's a lot faster than Diaz, Diaz has no power"????? What are you smoking Jake? I feel Diaz will punch GSP to pieces and will pound Elllenberger even worse. I like Ellenberger but I doubt he is going to even make it to title contention...and Diaz is going to soon be the new champ so Jake will never get the opportunity. Jake's comments are nothing but foolish, hating chatter. Everyone can hate Diaz all they want but the bottom line is...he is the man at 170.

Post #12   11/3/11 10:46:11PM   

40ouncetpkid

Belt Contender

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:289-174
Camp: Octagon Winners
Chips:
Diaz is absolutely the worst style match up for him. Sure gsp could hump to death but diaz would completely outclass Jake on the feet and Jake wouldn't even trade with Howard. He would stop ellenberger in boxing and if Jake took him down diaz would make him tap.

Even Condit is better then the last time they fought since he's with Greg Jackson. Even Condit would school him now. He has to worry about finally beating Condit before diaz who just gave bj the worst beating of his career.

Post #13   11/3/11 10:50:06PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,027-597
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

When Ellenberger gets his chance to fight for the title, he will walk away as the new champ, plain and simple.

Don't be too certain, there may come a time when he and Rory fight for the number one contender spot

Post #14   11/3/11 10:53:06PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,400-821
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Nick Diaz's BJJ is very good but still overrated. Even if Diaz gets a hold of GSP's glass jaw Fitch will beat him down, or Koscheck or Sanchez......does anybody remember all the shit he talked to Sanchez before Sanchez held him down. Same thing but better Diaz and better than Sanchez.

Post #15   11/3/11 10:53:48PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2