Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Chuck Liddell vs Kurt Angle (vid)

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Brownsfan222

Learning to Sprawl

Brownsfan222 Avatar

Career:208-110
Chips:

Posted by Ydoc

Not exactly rape, he just states the truth. Even if Kurt gets him down no ref is going to let you body surf for 5 minutes. He'll get caught, and once you get hit everything you had planned goes out the window. Can't believe Angle thinks he can take Couture... I think that fight is even worse for him than Chuck.

he meant he could take any of those guys in pure wrestling he said he probably couldnt pin randy down in 3 minute but would beat him without randy scoring points. angle is a hell of a wrestler not a usa hall of famer for nothing

Post #16   7/16/07 3:29:22AM   

richieb19

MMA Sensei

richieb19 Avatar

Career:239-153
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Wow the look on Chucks face when Angle said he wasnt a wrestler.

Chuck does it the best. Wrestlers he has beat.
Randleman
Couture x2
Tito x2
Babalu x2 (Brazilan national wrestling team) x2
There is prob a few more. But i mean cmon. Chuck is not gonna get owned by a wrestler. Besides Training TD defense. Chuck trains subs too. He is a smart guy. His BJJ coach John Lewis is a amazing guy.

Its like Cro Cop said. Everyone has a gameplan until they get hit.

No matter what angle thinks. He is not gonna be able to learn anything close to Chucks striking in 6 months.
Besides that fact that Angle knows little to no ground skills besides wrestling. Chuck knows a lot. I doubt it would be hard for Chuck to pull Guard. And from there he can push off Angles hips and stand up.

Angle like other wreslters with little expericne knows this much. How to take the guy down and pin him down. Thats it.
See Josh Koscheck vs Chris Leben for more info.

Very true... Liddell's best game is always against strong grapplers... however, out of that list Randleman and Couture being the best, they don't even compare to Angle... and this has absolutely nothing to do with pro wrestling. He was the '96 olympic gold medalist, even Mark Coleman said he's definately the real deal...

with that said... Chuck Liddell, Rd. 1, KO

Post #17   7/16/07 3:41:15AM   

casey64

BANNED

Career:481-292
Chips:
Angle is a tart he needs to go back to that gay tna show he is on.

Post #18   7/16/07 2:21:09PM   

LHK

MMA Regular

LHK Avatar

Career:8-4
Chips:
This thread is kind of funny. Everyone overrating Chuck as usually. Yeah, he has beat good (not great) wrestlers, because he just catches them with a looping non-technical hook! He doesn't use any of his "mythlogical" wrestling prowess. When have we ever seen a ground game from him besides choking out some noname and getting submitted by Jeremy Horn ages ago? His wrestling is no where in the same league as any Olympic gold medalist.

Chuck's "standup" is very questionable and I think Angle has a great shot (pun intended) at beating him. "If" he avoids the wild bombs from Chuck which is highly likely I see him coming and and completely annihilating Chuck on the ground. Sub Round 1.

Angle is getting up there in age, but so is Chuck. My money would be on Angle. And that's without him training striking. Give him a few months of Muay Thai and I say he definitely wins.

Not saying I wouldn't like to see Angle crushed for his asinine comments on being a force in MMA (although he definitely could have been with years of training). Chuck just isn't the one to do it. I would much rather see Shogun-Angle. Everyone underestimates Angle's wrestling.

Post #19   7/16/07 2:36:11PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
Kurt would hurt liddell he is definetley the real deal

Post #20   7/16/07 8:43:59PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Kurt would hurt liddell he is definetley the real deal

What makes you think that?....

Seriously, what has Kurt Angle done in the last 10 years that makes anyone think he can step into the octagon and beat one of the best LHWers in the world in MMA!??!

He wouldn't pass a piss test and he knows it.. That's why he hasn't even tried fighting MMA yet.

Post #21   7/16/07 9:30:25PM   

KodytheButcher

Learning to Sprawl

KodytheButcher Avatar

Career:283-183
Camp: Michigan technial knock out
Chips:
chuck would break his neck for the 6th time

Post #22   7/16/07 9:33:53PM   

thepunisher

In Full Mount

thepunisher Avatar

Career:338-213
Camp: MMA Weekly
Chips:
Angle by ankle lock

Post #23   7/17/07 1:35:43PM   

CJNBBJJ

Learning to Sprawl

Career:13-15
Chips:
I've read many articles on kurt angle about him wanting to fight mma and most of them say he is either to old or he could have done this and he has to many injury's. i don't think kurt could take any of the top 20 lightweights let alone chuck.

Post #24   7/17/07 3:37:49PM   

CJNBBJJ

Learning to Sprawl

Chips:

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Well it looks like im going to be the first to say i believe angle would be rather decent and idk if you guys know about the medals but he would throw randy,chuck,tito whoever aroound like a ragdoll,although i dunno if he can eat a looping hook or the patented thumb in the eye from chuck.

obviously the dumbst thing i have ever read, what is he hasn't wrestled in over 10 years he has broken his neck 900 times and you think he can throw chuck? go watch your wwe or tna or whatever the **** it is cause you obviously don't know shit about mma. what is he gunna do with out being able to hit him with a chair or jump off the turnbuckle, he can't tag anyone in when chuck punches him in the grill.

Post #25   7/17/07 3:40:57PM   

CJNBBJJ

Learning to Sprawl

Chips:
and by the way i hate chuck, but there is no way in hell angle would ever come close to beating chuck... ever.

Post #26   7/17/07 3:42:51PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
I hate wrestling smart guy,but like i said he would beat liddell!!!!wrestling is a huge part of mma and know not FAKE wrestling the real stuff...im sure i know way more about mma then u anyway lil guy so calm down.its my opinoion take it or leave it.

Post #27   7/18/07 12:59:21AM   

LHK

MMA Regular

LHK Avatar

Career:8-4
Chips:
His gold medal buddy (not to mention winning it with severe neck injuries). I think the reason he hasn't entered MMA is either because of his injury, or he wasn't happy with contract terms, I'm sure he makes a lot of money in pro wrestling.

As for steroids, all Olympic athletes are tested genius (meaning he couldn't even be using for recovery, all the more props to him for enduring his injury). And he's what, 10 pounds heavier now? Maybe he uses, maybe he doesn't, stupid to assume either way.

If he gets medically cleared he can (doesn't mean will, Liddell can catch him with a lucky hook, as I stated earlier) dominate Chuck, or any mediocre fighter (still giving ANYONE trouble).

Post #28   7/18/07 1:57:07PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2