Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Mark Munoz, Donkey Kong and Super Friends out to silence critics at UFC 138

Print  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,809-1,609
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
To hear many MMA fans and pundits tell it, the UFC might as well scratch Saturday's UFC 138 altogether.

Despite boasting a 10-bout card that airs free around the globe, UFC 138 has come under fire from critics who are underwhelmed at the evening's lineup. Headliner Mark Munoz (11-2 MMA, 6-2 UFC), who meets slugger Chris Leben (22-7 MMA, 12-6 UFC), couldn't care less.

"They can say what they want," Munoz said at Wednesday's media workout session in Birmingham, England. "When they watch the fight, they're going to be like, 'Oh, I was wrong.' I love proving people wrong.

"It's going to be a great main event. People love to watch fireworks."

LINK

Post #1   11/3/11 9:54:55AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
Of course that is what Munoz will say but he has been pretty boring and gun-shy in the octagon lately. I understand some tactics are to keep distance and win on points but lately Munoz has been a big disappointment for me in terms of performance.

When he fights a big name fighter and whether this fighter is good or not - but nevertheless has a big name, Munoz tends to be gun-shy.

I think Leben is a big name and I have a feeling Munoz will be gun-shy in this bout too.

Post #2   11/3/11 11:42:42AM   

Playground_Samurai

I EAT POOP

Playground_Samurai Avatar

Career:2,359-1,249
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
I don't think Munoz is boring at all. I think he's a killer. He just doesn't have that big name as a headliner that people are looking for.

Post #3   11/3/11 11:48:26AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,296-1,214
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Playground_Samurai

I don't think Munoz is boring at all. I think he's a killer. He just doesn't have that big name as a headliner that people are looking for.

This. Though I'll be rooting for my boy Leben on Saturday, I'm expecting Munoz to take this one and wouldn't be suprised one bit if he did it with relative ease.

Post #4   11/3/11 11:50:11AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

This. Though I'll be rooting for my boy Leben on Saturday, I'm expecting Munoz to take this one and wouldn't be suprised one bit if he did it with relative ease.

Don't get me wrong guys. I like what Munoz is capable of and it shows in some of his fights. What troubles me is IMO he becomes gun-shy when fighting higher caliber fighters and or big name fighters. The Okami and Maia fights are perfect depictions of him becoming too passive which translates to boring in the eyes of some mma fans.

IMO, Munoz is a passive person much like myself. You can tell that by the way he speaks and articulates his thoughts. When Munoz is fighting lower tier guys, his confidence over-rides his passive nature. However, when he fights higher tier guys, the pressure becomes greater and he tends to revert to his true nature .............which is passive.

Post #5   11/3/11 12:13:59PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,511-866
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
if Munoz goes out there trying to put on a slugfest for the crowd, he could go night-night. as a fan of Munoz, I hope he's entertaining, but level headed.

BEWARE ZOMBIE LEBEN!!!!!!

Post #6   11/3/11 3:10:01PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by emfleek

Don't get me wrong guys. I like what Munoz is capable of and it shows in some of his fights. What troubles me is IMO he becomes gun-shy when fighting higher caliber fighters and or big name fighters. The Okami and Maia fights are perfect depictions of him becoming too passive which translates to boring in the eyes of some mma fans.

IMO, Munoz is a passive person much like myself. You can tell that by the way he speaks and articulates his thoughts. When Munoz is fighting lower tier guys, his confidence over-rides his passive nature. However, when he fights higher tier guys, the pressure becomes greater and he tends to revert to his true nature .............which is passive.

Munoz's ground and pound is his bread and butter. taking Maia down generally isnt going to be a good thing. Okami is just as strong of a wrestler. i see this fight with Munoz on top gnp'ing his way to a 3rd round TKO win. on the other hand, i am rooting for Leben to KO Munoz

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #7   11/3/11 8:27:00PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,419-833
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Munoz is Chuck Liddell with his guns tied down.

Post #8   11/3/11 10:14:24PM   

FR33B1RD

Banned for Cheating

FR33B1RD Avatar

Career:679-366
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:
Munoz is getting Crippled this weekend

Post #9   11/4/11 1:13:27AM