Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Manager: Carlos Condit Mad at Georges St-Pierre, Not UFC, for Losing Title Fight

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
Malki Kawa had a bad feeling when he heard his phone ring and looked at the caller ID. It was then that he realized UFC president Dana White was on the other line. UFC 137 had just ended 30 minutes earlier, and it was already after midnight on the east coast. It was not a time for mindless chit-chat. It was a time for serious business.

As is his style, White cut to the chase. Georges St-Pierre no longer wanted to fight Kawa's client Carlos Condit next. Instead, the UFC welterweight champ wanted to fight Nick Diaz, the winner of UFC 137's main event. We all now know the outcome. St-Pierre got the fight he wanted, and he'll be fighting Diaz in early February. Condit? He wasn't too happy, and he didn't exactly "step aside" as White told the media at the post-fight press conference.

LINK

Post #1   11/1/11 9:24:49AM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
I'd be pissed as well.....just a little patience, yeaaaah

Post #2   11/1/11 10:26:38AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,067-623
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Nice, maybe this can be the WW version of the Jones Rashad soap opera.

Post #3   11/1/11 10:49:55AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
Condit has every right to be pissed but I don't think there was any wrong doing on the ufc's part. Condit's contract was to fight Penn and not GSP. The switch-a-roo for him to fight GSP was a gift and can be taken away at a moment's notice - which it was.

I recommended Condit to take the fight with Koscheck (if I remember correctly, it was Kos who volunteered to step in). Now Condit is probably going to be pitted against a tougher opponent like Ellengberger or Fitch as playground has suggested. As this bout is being finalized, I can see his title shot slipping further and further away.

I'll go ahead and say it right now. There is only a small window of hope for Condit's title shot because I don't see him winning against Ellengberger or Fitch. He should have took the fight with Koscheck.

Post #4   11/1/11 11:28:15AM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Be mad at the UFC too, b/c Dana likes to change his mind.

Post #5   11/1/11 11:55:41AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
Carlos Condit is in that spot where Malki Kawa was a good manager but there is a point that that guy just can't get it done and its right about when his fighters are in contendership status. Hes like a B level agent or something. I'm not sure what it is but it just seems like everytime I see that guys name its because he just got bulldozed by someone.

Post #6   11/1/11 11:56:19AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
"Malki...you're fired."

Post #7   11/1/11 11:57:08AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Chips:

Posted by emfleek

"Malki...you're fired."

For real! How is it they have a contract signed to fight for a title and the fight gets bounced. Its the agents job to be sure that NEVER happens. Company Men my ass. The only thing I can think is stacks of cash pushed Condit not to fight in which case Malki shouldn't be running his mouth about it.

Post #8   11/1/11 12:03:42PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by emfleek

"Malki...you're fired."

For real! How is it they have a contract signed to fight for a title and the fight gets bounced. Its the agents job to be sure that NEVER happens. Company Men my ass. The only thing I can think is stacks of cash pushed Condit not to fight in which case Malki shouldn't be running his mouth about it.

I'd say the original contract was void once GSP was injured and a new one hadn't been signed quite yet.

Post #9   11/1/11 12:09:13PM   

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by postman

Posted by emfleek

"Malki...you're fired."

I'd say the original contract was void once GSP was injured and a new one hadn't been signed quite yet.

Do you think St. Pierre had a valid injury?

Post #10   11/1/11 12:43:50PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by emfleek

Yes. I'm not a conspiracy theorist.

Post #11   11/1/11 12:46:22PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,340-1,374
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
I dont blame Condit here, he deserves the shot and will be a better test for GSP than Diaz.

Post #12   11/1/11 12:55:56PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,275-1,535
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

There is only a small window of hope for Condit's title shot because I don't see him winning against Ellengberger or Fitch.

Personally I think Condit beats both Ellenberger and Fitch. I think Carlos is in the zone and on a roll right now and I don't see too many people beating him at this point. I think the only 170lber who can beat him right now is Diaz. By choosing to fight Diaz I think GSP jumped from the frying pan right into the fire. He had a chance to beat Condit...a small one in my eyes...but I feel he has no chance against Diaz. Oh, the drama...I just hope it all plays out. I think everyone underestimates Carlos....and even after Diaz destroyed Penn, Diaz is still being underestimated as well. I think they are the top 2 in the WW division. GSP's days are numbered.

Post #13   11/1/11 1:49:25PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by emfleek

Yes. I'm not a conspiracy theorist.

Yea no way GSP faked an injury, but I am wondering why he choice to fight diaz now instead of condit?? and why did dana let this change happen??

I would feel pretty crappy if I was condit if GSP has this much say why didnt see just say from the start to not pull Diaz but for some reason now the UFC is letting their tittle holder scracth a fight for another..

3 ppl who i feel should have a shot are diaz, condit, fitch. man this who WW division has just been going crazy since the 1st time they said Diaz/GSP. either way i still think GSP goes through them all and is still champ by the same time next yr.

Post #14   11/1/11 2:56:24PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by postman

Posted by emfleek

"Malki...you're fired."

I would think that a good manager has it in the original contract that if there is an injury to the other fighter his guy still gets first crack at the belt. Its a freaking world title after all.

Post #15   11/1/11 3:22:44PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2