Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Interesting question (about Liddell)

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Hatebreeder

Banned

Career:44-24
Chips:

Posted by PW

Posted by zephead

The need to send Chuck to Pride or bring Shogun, Arona, Lil Nog and Igor over

Could you imagine a Chuck vs Igor fight? That would be crazy.

Igor by KO.

Post #16   5/13/07 11:32:47AM   

teamquestnorth

Standup Guy

teamquestnorth Avatar

Career:873-606
Camp: The Underground
Chips:
sokoudjou needs to finish his 1 fight that he has left in pride take out ortiz or rampage then fight chuck for the belt

Post #17   5/13/07 8:31:39PM   

dstlvb

MMA Regular

dstlvb Avatar

Career:373-248
Chips:
Dana would do Chuck/Coutore 4 espicisially at HW. Randy said he was having personal issues during the last two fights, said he got them straightend out and dominated Tim. Lots of people want to see a focudes Randy against Chuck, we saw it once and Randy won.

Post #18   5/13/07 9:01:27PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by dstlvb

Dana would do Chuck/Coutore 4 espicisially at HW. Randy said he was having personal issues during the last two fights, said he got them straightend out and dominated Tim. Lots of people want to see a focudes Randy against Chuck, we saw it once and Randy won.

Couture/Liddell 4 will never happen. Just because couture beat tim "bigslow" sylvia doesnt mean he can beat a much better striker and wrestler.

so chuck won because he isnt the better fighter? Youre saying liddell's wins arent legit...

Post #19   5/14/07 1:01:28AM   

AdamG

Learning to Sprawl

AdamG Avatar

Career:601-428
Camp: SF Fight Fans
Chips:
If Chuck beats Rampage, the UFC won't have any legitimate contenders on account of Tito's poor performances for the title. They won't bring in a Pride fighter, because they'll have to wait for the "Superbowl." A logical choice would be Wandi, but he's been on a losing streak. Vera and CC are options, as they can both make 205, but I don't see either of them falling off track in the HW division. The next actual LHW contenders are Jardine and Evans, but they're both too green to compete with Liddell, and wouldn't make good match-ups. Either a HW steps down or Chuck steps up, which could be a real possibility if Couture beats Gonzaga...

Post #20   5/14/07 3:48:57PM   

JunCTion

READY TO SMILE AND LOVE LIFE!!

JunCTion Avatar

Career:543-390
Camp: Camp David
Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by dstlvb

Couture/Liddell 4 will never happen. Just because couture beat tim "bigslow" sylvia doesnt mean he can beat a much better striker and wrestler.

so chuck won because he isnt the better fighter? Youre saying liddell's wins arent legit...

i wasnt sure what he was getting at either. plus why would dana want to risk his hall of famer losing to the same guy 3 times in a row. if chuck moved up why not give him a fight or 2 (against top talent)to see how he does. randy has 2 fights left. lets see what happens before we think about chuck/randy4.

why not consider the option of some heavies moving down.
CC, AA, Buentello, Kongo, Vera, etc.

Post #21   5/14/07 5:55:35PM   

JunCTion

READY TO SMILE AND LOVE LIFE!!

JunCTion Avatar

Career:543-390
Camp: Camp David
Chips:
if chuck beats rampage, why not retire (at least from the LHW division)

he will have avenged all 3 losses & he'll have nothing left to prove, unless he wants to change weight classes.

in the last 5 years...11-2
he hasnt gone to a decision since vitor
all wins since have ended by KO/TKO
5 of those ended in the 1st round
2 in the 2nd (randy 1:30 2nd / tito :38 2nd)
only 2 went into the 3rd round (tito and horn)

why start getting spoonfed lesser LHW talent at this point (lets face it thats what it is) and with all the upsets risk getting upset by one of those lesser fighters (not that he would avoid anybody)
why not move down to MW or up to HW (or both at some point) while hes still in his prime and at the top of his game.
then he could be the 1st to claim 2 belts at the same time in the UFC(before that cocky Vera does)

Post #22   5/14/07 6:26:59PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
I know I'm in the minority, but I think Randy is better @ HW, and I think that is the difference. He had just stepped down and barely made it in the first fight, plus his recent opponents had been huge. He stepped down and then killed chuck, but showed that maybe he was staying to small (to me). I think #4 would be interesting, but only @ heavy and only after they've both had a dominant victory.

[edit] Now would be good but it won't happen now. So I mean they would have to stay on those tracks.

Last edited 5/14/07 10:02PM server time by JimiMak
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #23   5/14/07 10:01:04PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
I think Chuck retiring would be bad. You don't retire on a perfect note like that. The question everyone would have would be, why would he retire at the top of his game?

If he beats Rampage I think he should go up to HW and try to hold two belts.

Post #24   5/14/07 10:18:26PM   

raindrops21

MMA Regular

raindrops21 Avatar

Career:233-107
Camp: KTFO
Chips:
Hi all, first post, long time MMA fan and just found out about this site.

Anyways, I would imagine that Rashad or Jardine is the next opponent for Chuck. In my opinion, it would be Jardine. The question is, will Chuck fight before the "Superbowl" ? If he does in say August or September, they'll give him Jardine just because they know it will be a strictly stand-up fight and would favor Chuck. The last thing the UFC would want right now is for Chuck to lose some meaningless match against a fringe contender when there is huge amount of money to be made by doing the Superbowl.

The thing I constantly have to tell myself is that this is a business, and they'll try to run it like one.

So for me, in a business sense, Jardine it is and Chuck TKO/KO Round 1, if he gets by Rampage that is. Wow, I can't wait for that fight.

Post #25   5/15/07 10:15:22PM   

Damien6663

MMA Regular

Damien6663 Avatar

Career:81-26
Chips:
Igor can not outstrike chuck, chuck would put igor away pretty fast. Igor's prime was over 5 years ago.

Post #26   5/16/07 5:10:47PM   

Junior24

MMA Regular

Junior24 Avatar

Career:168-143
Camp: FightClub
Chips:
Regardless of the results between Rampage & Chuck.

1. Shogun/Wandy
2. Sokodju
3. Vera
4. Hendo
5. Evans/Jardine/Bisping (These three will have to fight each other first. As much as I hate the fact that everyone thinks Chuck is the "greatest". These three are in no way shape or form ready to fight Chuck, yet. And like someone previously said, I dont think Dana would schedule it if he couldnt sell it.)
6. Tito needs to go to Pride or move down to middle weight. In my mind. He is done in this weightclass. Or learn some more skills.

Post #27   5/20/07 4:34:50PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2