Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

GSP Fired up vs. Diaz

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,928-1,077
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

To be fair, anyone with a French accent seems on the verge of saying "I surrender" at any time. (Kidding Tuvok)

Don't worry, he can't reply

_______

I think Gsp is going to go for takedowns from the very first second of the very first round. And continue with that strategy all night.

If Gsp can find a way to let loose with Gnp, something he hasnt really done against bigger opponents, he can cut and bruise Diaz up. But he definitely isnt going to stop him.

Regardless of how this fight turns out, Diaz is going to be pissed off and taunting GSP's style of fighting by the end of the fight.

Post #16   11/1/11 4:43:02AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Posted by cowcatcher

To be fair, anyone with a French accent seems on the verge of saying "I surrender" at any time. (Kidding Tuvok)

_______

I think Gsp is going to go for takedowns from the very first second of the very first round. And continue with that strategy all night.

If Gsp can find a way to let loose with Gnp, something he hasnt really done against bigger opponents, he can cut and bruise Diaz up. But he definitely isnt going to stop him.

Regardless of how this fight turns out, Diaz is going to be pissed off and taunting GSP's style of fighting by the end of the fight.

Think we'll see a Paul Daley vs Koscheck incident?

Post #17   11/1/11 10:23:37AM   

ToeZup

Standup Guy

ToeZup Avatar

Career:310-202
Camp: fightlockdown
Chips:
GSP is definitely taking this fight. If things get hairy on the feet he'll just out wrestle him to a UD.

Post #18   11/1/11 11:46:29AM   

Geoffo

Standup Guy

Geoffo Avatar

Career:176-119
Chips:
I think GSP's gonna beat the shit out of him.
And Nick Diaz is gonna acknowledge him at the end of the fight.
Hey, its happened every other fight right...

Post #19   11/1/11 12:32:09PM   

Hendo67

MMA Sensei

Hendo67 Avatar

Career:1,066-730
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
GSP via angry UD... so yeah, whatever that means.

Post #20   11/1/11 1:24:58PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,637-1,512
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by gartface

Posted by Pookie

Posted by cowcatcher

_______

Yes, or maybe a Mayhem/Cesar Gracie guys incident. If GSP LnP's Diaz it's going to be ugly in there afterwards. The only hope for there to be no fireworks afterwards is a GSP finish, because even if Diaz wins he will probably act the fool. They should invest in security guys under age 60 for this one.

Post #21   11/1/11 2:00:00PM   

Geoffo

Standup Guy

Geoffo Avatar

Career:176-119
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by gartface

Posted by Pookie

Posted by cowcatcher

_______

Yes, or maybe a Mayhem/Cesar Gracie guys incident. If GSP LnP's Diaz it's going to be ugly in there afterwards. The only hope for there to be no fireworks afterwards is a GSP finish, because even if Diaz wins he will probably act the fool. They should invest in security guys under age 60 for this one.

The only fight GSP has done nothing in was the Jake Shields fight.
GSP's not gonna LnP Diaz. Hes gonna take him down and smash his face in. This is gonna be another GSP vs. Fitch I think. Diaz is too much of a bad ass to get finished haha. Ill laugh of GSP sub's diaz.

Post #22   11/1/11 4:22:33PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,928-1,077
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Geoffo

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by gartface

Posted by Pookie

Posted by cowcatcher

_______

The only fight GSP has done nothing in was the Jake Shields fight.
GSP's not gonna LnP Diaz. Hes gonna take him down and smash his face in. This is gonna be another GSP vs. Fitch I think. Diaz is too much of a bad ass to get finished haha. Ill laugh of GSP sub's diaz.

I apologize if you're not replying to me, but it feels like you are. Unsure really. But i didn't say Gsp does nothing in his fights, but rather when he has a strategy to wrestle, he does very little GnP against fighters who are bigger or bulkier than him. In theory, it makes sense that he would want to hold position more, so that he uses less energy and makes his opponents use more, rather than expending himself on Gnp and incidentally letting his opponents back up.

The opponents he's wrestled and did very little Gnp - Thiago Alves and Dan Hardy and Koscheck 1. Both very big for the division in terms of Mass.

The opponents he's wrestled and did Gnp to shreds - Bj Penn and Serra 2 and Sherk. All small for WW in terms of Mass.

Against bigger opponents he usually opts to stand against the Wrestlers, or to hold position against the strikers.

Post #23   11/1/11 5:11:36PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2