Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 137 Results: Dana White Announces Georges St. Pierre vs Nick Diaz

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,762-985
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Dana White hinted at the start of the UFC 137 post-fight press conference that he had a big announcement that he was waiting to make once Nick Diaz was able to take his seat on the podium. It was possibly the best fight of Nick's career, working B.J. Penn over with punches to the head and body. Penn ultimately retired.

LINK

Post #1   10/30/11 2:12:53AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,479-1,275
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
No way you could hype Condit over Diaz as #1 contender after that headlining dominating performance.

Post #2   10/30/11 2:21:00AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
I think Condit is well compensated for stepping aside.

Post #3   10/30/11 2:28:31AM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,553-840
Chips:
Put Condit vs Ellenburger II on the same card to determine who gets the next crack at the strap. Who wouldn't want to watch that fight again?!

Post #4   10/30/11 2:36:08AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,479-1,275
Chips:
For what it's worth, Condit's agent is saying that Condit is not `stepping aside`, but that GSP is `choosing` to fight Diaz. Condit didn't have a choice in the matter. Not that we didn't already know that. So Condit will find himself in a #1 contender fight and I agree Condit/Ellenberger makes sense. You'd think it's that or Condit/Fitch but we know how much Dana likes Fitch.

Last edited 10/30/11 3:44AM server time by Kpro
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #5   10/30/11 3:17:39AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

For what it's worth, Condit's agent is saying that Condit is not `stepping aside`, but that GSP is `choosing` to fight Diaz. Condit didn't have a choice in the matter. Not that we didn't already know that. So Condit will find himself in a #1 contender fight and I agree Condit/Ellenberger makes sense. You'd think it's that or Condit/Fitch but we know how much Dana likes Fitch.

Wow. I think GSP was so offended, he probably pulled Dana aside to ask for the fight with Diaz. Either way, I cannot see why Condit would not be compensated. I think he is and it is probably something the ufc, Condit and others involved are not willing to share with the public.

Anyway, I agree GSP vs Diaz is the logical choice and should happen before something else goes wrong - and Condit would have to earn his shot by defeating someone at Super Bowl weekend.

Post #6   10/30/11 3:53:09AM   

DeadHead988

MMA Sensei

DeadHead988 Avatar

Career:367-289
Camp: Midwest Training Center
Chips:
Ellenberger should've won the first fight and he'll defintitely win the second one. Make it happen!

Post #7   10/30/11 3:59:04AM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,514-925
Chips:
:Diaz: :GSP:

P$

Post #8   10/30/11 7:38:04AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,159-691
Chips:
At last!!!

Last edited 10/31/11 8:46PM server time by jjeans
2 total post edits

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #9   10/30/11 8:42:16AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,296-1,214
Chips:
For once, I'll be rooting for GSP.

I don't know how it's possible for me to like Nate so much and yet I can't wait to see Nick get tooled.

Last edited 10/30/11 10:00PM server time by emfleek

Post #10   10/30/11 9:01:17AM   

timekeeperboi

Learning to Sprawl

Career:19-26
Chips:
It honestly should be broken down like this..

Ellenberger VS koscheck

why? because i don't see no one else thats like a step below him that he could fight. especially since the other 3 available contestants are going to be locked up further down, in a bout that makes more sense.

If rick story didn't take that loss to the spaniard,he would def be fighting ellenberger again. and if rory would have already beaten ebersole..(HARD FIGHT)... then he would be a good challenge for ellenberger!!

DIAZ VS CONDIT.

fitch and penn tied in the last bout, and truthfully FITCH... in my opinion was still number one contender regardless of the TIE... because he was IN THE POSITIVE fight range. 5 wins, while on the other hand penn just came from 2 loses, 1 win, and a tie with fitch.. YEAH... no!

therefore it would only make sense to put 2 number one contenders against each other. FRESH NUMBER CONTENDERS!!!

I've already seen the whole..fitch vs pierre thing... and it was boring as fuk!!!
but i have to give credit where credit is due, and FITCH HAS TAKEN THE TIME..TO WORK HIS A$$ WAY BACK UP TO THE TOP.. and honestly he deserves an opportunity to get that shot again... despite the fact that he is injured..TO ME.. he and CONDIT are the only real legit.. NUMBER ONE CONTENDERS...

i like DIAZ.. BUT, truthfully, beating a washed up... BJ PENN.. who came off 2 loses to edgar.. and a win over a washed up matt hughes.. is really no victory..

ST. PIERRE VS FITCH.

so what... it might have been done before...(shrugs).!!! ITS one of the most sensible things to do...FITCH IS HONESTLY STILL LEGIT NUMBER ONE CONTENDER..
and i really don't understand why he is taking on HENDRIX... what has that dude really done?? for him to be taken on FITCH...its not like its a last minute.. fill in kinda thing..like the Spaniard did for nate marquardt..in the match he had with STORY...

SIDENOTE - jake shield... ughh.. just throw him out of MMA..
HIS STAND UP IS GARBAGE... like seriously.

SIDENOTE - EBERSOLE AND RORY..IS GOING TO BE A KILLER MATCH..!
I LIKE BOTH OF THEM.. but i rory is like.. a monster yo.. BUT EBERSOLE IS SO FUN TO WATCH..!

Post #11   10/30/11 9:51:48AM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,228-1,515
Chips:
I say Diaz finishes GSP in round 2 or 3. I have been saying for sometime that Diaz will be the next UFC WW Champ....I think we are going to finally see it happen. I don't think there is anyone at 170lbs that can come close to beating Diaz at this point. He is going to mess GSP up worse than he messed Penn up. GSP may retire too. Maybe this is why GSP's camp was talking about dropping to 155lbs. They know GSP is going to get spanked by Diaz.

Post #12   10/30/11 10:44:05AM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,809-1,609
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

No way you could hype Condit over Diaz as #1 contender after that headlining dominating performance.

Agreed. I still want to see Condit get his shot but Diaz really earned it last night. Great win over a legend who was ranked very high in the division. I wouldn't mind a Condit vs. Ellenberger rematch to determine the next contender though.

Post #13   10/30/11 10:51:48AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
i feel for Condit. he's healthy, got the title shot, and now is pulled from it. i dont know if Condit wants to wait til the summer to fight again. give him Koscheck as both are healthy and ready to fight. he should be compensated heavily for getting passed over

that being said...

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #14   10/30/11 10:52:06AM   

TeamDEY

Belt Contender

TeamDEY Avatar

Career:152-124
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

I think Condit is well compensated for stepping aside.

agreed

Post #15   10/30/11 10:58:01AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2