Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Does Nick Diaz have a Screw Loose?

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Jd2K

Learning to Sprawl

Career:46-36
Chips:
Did they say Diaz was going to be making a quick turnaround for February or are they going to move their fight to a different month?

Post #31   10/30/11 12:20:25PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by Jd2K

Did they say Diaz was going to be making a quick turnaround for February or are they going to move their fight to a different month?

Superbowl weekend

Post #32   10/30/11 12:54:57PM   

Jd2K

Learning to Sprawl

Career:46-36
Chips:
Isn't Sonnen gunning for superbowl weekend also? I don't think the UFC would put these two title fights together on the same card.

Post #33   10/30/11 12:58:11PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,648-943
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Jd2K

Isn't Sonnen gunning for superbowl weekend also? I don't think the UFC would put these two title fights together on the same card.

i think if they do, then that means they are seriously considering anderson vs gsp.....assuming they both win

Post #34   10/30/11 1:44:28PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by warglory

Wow, I just watched the post fight presser, and Nick was rambling about not having enough money to train his people, or get out of his bad neighborhood. Is this guy serious? Just in FOTN bonus, he got 75k.

You know what it seems like to me? Nick is scared of success, and doesn't want to venture outside of the realm of Stockton, CA. The dude already has the money to live a comfortable life, but he is fearful of admitting that. This isn't fighter bashing, I think Nick really needs to admit to himself that it's okay to admit your a success.

Not having enough money to train his peeps? Something stinks here and it's not weed.

Post #35   10/30/11 2:07:49PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,621-1,343
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by warglory

Wow, I just watched the post fight presser, and Nick was rambling about not having enough money to train his people, or get out of his bad neighborhood. Is this guy serious? Just in FOTN bonus, he got 75k.

You know what it seems like to me? Nick is scared of success, and doesn't want to venture outside of the realm of Stockton, CA. The dude already has the money to live a comfortable life, but he is fearful of admitting that. This isn't fighter bashing, I think Nick really needs to admit to himself that it's okay to admit your a success.

Not having enough money to train his peeps? Something stinks here and it's not weed.

Normally he spars with Andre Ward and his camp and it sounds like they don't pay for it. This time with Ward's cut in training and postponement of his bout with Froch, his entire camp wouldn't spar with Diaz unless they were given a certain amount of money that wasn't specified but obviously wasn't within Diaz's financial capabilities. There's an article on the front page of the News Forum that goes into more detail.

Post #36   10/30/11 2:21:32PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,928-1,103
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Of course he does. This is the guy who stomped Jason Miller in the post-fight interview. This is the guy who, after losing to Joe Riggs at UFC 57, was in the hospital later that night when he saw Joe Riggs and attacked him in the hospital.
This is a guy who has repeatedly said he thought people were following him. This is a guy who has said multiple times that he'd rather be competing in triathalons than fighting.

He's nuts.

Post #37   10/30/11 2:28:18PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,107-1,227
Chips:
It's amazing to me that Diaz still chooses to have the attitude he has and live the way he does and bitch about everything under the sun but fails to realize how well he has it. I mean, the guy never has to work a normal job the rest of his life. I don't think I've ever heard him say "you know what, I'm thankful for what I have" or " fighting has made my life better, ironically". He just a negative dude

Post #38   10/30/11 3:09:59PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,107-1,227
Chips:

Posted by Jd2K

they sure as hell should. You wanna draw in as many people to watch, especially to capitalize on the super bowl viewers

Post #39   10/30/11 3:18:46PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,627-1,504
Chips:
Yes he has at least one screw loose. He's immature, and negative like prophecy said. He basically acts like a little kid who's parents don't discipline him. He makes fans love or hate him, there is absolutely no middle ground with him.

He's also a tough fight for anyone and all his huffing and puffing got him a title shot in front of Condit, so there is a method to his madness. Maybe he's the smartest guy in the room after all...

Post #40   10/30/11 3:54:52PM   

clambasket

Learning to Sprawl

Career:41-36
Chips:
nick diaz was putting no act on what so ever. this dude is just an angry person from what i see. dont know if any of yall saw the post fight press confrence, but like him or not he was just his genuine crazy self. dude def has some screws loose and def mentally young, but that recipe makes for some good fights down the road

Last edited 10/30/11 5:14PM server time by clambasket
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #41   10/30/11 5:12:59PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3