Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Penn Retiring? You BELIEVE it?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

TeamDEY

Belt Contender

TeamDEY Avatar

Career:152-124
Chips:
Does Penn really retire??? I say no. I say he goes back to LW but who knows. Penn looked good the first round then gassed. What do you guys think?

Post #1   10/29/11 11:45:02PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by TeamDEY

Does Penn really retire??? I say no. I say he goes back to LW but who knows. Penn looked good the first round then gassed. What do you guys think?

I think he's one of the most talented of all time, and he sucks ass in big fights.

Post #2   10/29/11 11:47:54PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,730-1,561
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
There are still plenty of great fights for him at LW. He doesn't belong at 170 and he's proved it several times by gassing out. Stick to 155 and fight guys like Cerrone, Pettis, Guida, Bendo, Maynard, etc.

Post #3   10/29/11 11:47:58PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,232-1,201
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Doesn't seem like his heart is in it anymore. I say yes. I think it would take a lot for him to come back and fight again.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #4   10/29/11 11:48:18PM   

karn501

In Full Mount

karn501 Avatar

Career:134-103
Chips:
shouldn't be an option yet this should probably go in the spoilers though

Post #5   10/29/11 11:49:02PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,232-1,201
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

There are still plenty of great fights for him at LW. He doesn't belong at 170 and he's proved it several times by gassing out. Stick to 155 and fight guys like Cerrone, Pettis, Guida, Bendo, Maynard, etc.

Sad thing is, I believe all the guys you mentioned would beat Penn

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #6   10/29/11 11:49:18PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,378-801
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I think Penn is retired. 1-3-1 in his last 5 fights in two divisions, BJ's ego can't handle being a stepping stone.

Post #7   10/29/11 11:50:02PM   

hashyandy4

Super MW King S.O.G.

hashyandy4 Avatar

Career:614-326
Chips:
I hope he doesnt retire, but i wouldnt be suprized at all if he really did. Great fight tho, Nick looked great

Post #8   10/29/11 11:55:51PM   

Jd2K

Learning to Sprawl

Career:46-36
Chips:

Posted by TeamDEY

I don't think so man cause he was just a little emotional after the loss. I agree with you on BJ going back to lightweight. He gassed out too quick and at least while he's starts to lose weight to cut down to lightweight he'll get better conditioning along the way. I've always said BJ looks better at lightweight so should start working his way back up the latter in the lightweight division. Probably against the loser of one of the upcoming high profile fights, or maybe even Melvin Guilard

Post #9   10/30/11 12:00:09AM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,730-1,561
Chips:

Posted by kopower

Posted by Budgellism

Sad thing is, I believe all the guys you mentioned would beat Penn

I think Penn beats Pettis and Guida and maybe Maynard. It definitely doesn't seem like he's in it anymore though so I wouldn't be surprised to never see him fight again. Cro Cop and Penn on the same night is depressing but both went out with a fight tonight.

Post #10   10/30/11 12:08:04AM   

karn501

In Full Mount

karn501 Avatar

Career:134-103
Chips:

Posted by Jd2K

Posted by TeamDEY Does Penn really retire??? I say no. I say he goes back to LW but who knows. Penn looked good the first round then gassed. What do you guys think?
I don't think so man cause he was just a little emotional after the loss. I agree with you on BJ going back to lightweight. He gassed out too quick and at least while he's starts to lose weight to cut down to lightweight he'll get better conditioning along the way. I've always said BJ looks better at lightweight so should start working his way back up the latter in the lightweight division. Probably against the loser of one of the upcoming high profile fights, or maybe even Melvin Guilard

i agree with you except putting guillard in with penn would destroy his dreams he can't come close to handling bj's ground game

Post #11   10/30/11 12:08:38AM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by karn501

Posted by Jd2K

Posted by TeamDEY

i agree with you except putting guillard in with penn would destroy his dreams he can't come close to handling bj's ground game

Melvin cant bust that chin.

Post #12   10/30/11 12:32:03AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-341
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
I think it was emotions speaking. He suffered the worst lost of his career in terms of physical punishment. Once he settles down, I think he will come back for more.....maybe more punishment but nevertheless - more.

Post #13   10/30/11 12:36:48AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,262-1,196
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
He's been hinting at it and talking about it for way too long now. I think he's actually done and, imo, seems like the kind of guy that can be at peace with it.

I hope he's not, though. I was never much of a fan until that clinic he put on Diego and now I consider him to be a favorite.

Post #14   10/30/11 12:38:38AM   

TeamDEY

Belt Contender

TeamDEY Avatar

Career:152-124
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

He's been hinting at it and talking about it for way too long now. I think he's actually done and, imo, seems like the kind of guy that can be at peace with it.

I hope he's not, though. I was never much of a fan until that clinic he put on Diego and now I consider him to be a favorite.

yea i agree... i hope he drops back down to LW and give it another run at the title

Post #15   10/30/11 1:10:47AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2