Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

The Walking Dead - Season 2 (WARNING: Potential Spoilers and Brain Eating)

Print  
  Page 3 of 12     1     2     3     4     5     6   >>
Posted By Message

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by cowcatcher

After I watched the first episode I told a couple of my friends that I wasn't sure if I liked it or not, but it has gotten better and better since. I know what you're saying though Fleek, but the show is really pretty damn good.

I just watched Sunday's episode of The Walking Dead and I'm glad we got to see Merle again, the guy that plays him does evil douchebags so damn well. I don't know how, but Darryl has become the most likable character IMO after starting out as a dick, and I'm just waiting for Shane to crack and everything to go to hell in a handbasket again. You can sense the clock running out on them at the farm really quickly here.

Maybe I'll give American Horror Story another shot. Any idea if the episodes are available online?

I have to admit...Darryl has grown on me. I still think his acting is par (at best) but the character itself has grown on me.

My vote for the next person to get killed goes to Andrea (the b*tchy blonde). She's been on my nerves ever since they group left the CDC.

I can't wait for Andrea to go either. So far this season has been much less exciting than the last but it's still good

Post #31   11/16/11 1:56:24PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,590-1,480
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
When she goes, so goes the best rack on the cast. Just sayin...

She is sickening though. I'll be sad to see Dale go, he''s the father figure and those guys are usually likable. I really wouldn't mind seeing Lori(Rick's wife) go. She's been a real catch you next Tuesday since the show started and she's just not hot enough for me to continue rooting for her survival.

Post #32   11/16/11 2:07:14PM   

40ouncetpkid

Belt Contender

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:289-174
Camp: Octagon Winners
Chips:
Emfleek i can get you guys downloads of fights, tv shows whatever ha just didnt know if i was allowed to post em haha. American Horror Story is badass!

Walking Dead was badass the whole first season but this second season has been very disappointing seems more like a soap ópera then a zombie show since theirs less zombies too but darryl is the mothafreakin man! They need more him and the black guy and his son from the first season, and his badass brother! More killing Please! I hope that old man fed that lil girl to the zombies!

Post #33   11/16/11 11:12:56PM   

mrkennedy

MMA Sensei

mrkennedy Avatar

Career:2,746-1,566
Camp: TKO
Chips:
Probably T-Dog or Carol will die next

Post #34   11/17/11 1:47:20AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by mrkennedy

Probably T-Dog

I wouldn't be surprised.

And I like that there's less zombies this season. I think the violence (not that I'm against it) went a bit overboard last season. It was almost as if they were trying to sell the show to the audience based on the multiple ways one can kill a walker.

Speaking of which...

Get rid of the crossbow. No one in their right mind would have a friggin crossbow when there are guns available.

Post #35   11/17/11 10:11:25AM   

ChrisSabal

Go Cubs Go!

ChrisSabal Avatar

Career:807-565
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by mrkennedy

Probably T-Dog

I wouldn't be surprised.

And I like that there's less zombies this season. I think the violence (not that I'm against it) went a bit overboard last season. It was almost as if they were trying to sell the show to the audience based on the multiple ways one can kill a walker.

Speaking of which...

Get rid of the crossbow. No one in their right mind would have a friggin crossbow when there are guns available.

Not too sure of that. Ammo is eventually gonna run out for all the guns. While with a cross bow you can make your own ammo.

Post #36   11/17/11 10:58:05AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ChrisSabal

Not too sure of that. Ammo is eventually gonna run out for all the guns. While with a cross bow you can make your own ammo.

There are abandoned towns/cities left and right. I would think the likelihood of running out of ammo would be very low at this point.

I never thought about making your own arrows. Good call. I'd still say ditch it until you reach that point (if that point exists), though. It makes no sense to carry around a bulky weapon like that with a single arrow at your disposal.

Last edited 11/17/11 11:02AM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #37   11/17/11 11:02:09AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by ChrisSabal

There are abandoned towns/cities left and right. I would think the likelihood of running out of ammo would be very low at this point.

I never thought about making your own arrows. Good call. I'd still say ditch it until you reach that point (if that point exists), though. It makes no sense to carry around a bulky weapon like that with a single arrow at your disposal.

Not only can you make your own ammo and recover the used ammo, but it's nearly silent and won't draw attention. It's a great weapon to have IMO.

Post #38   11/17/11 11:23:11AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Not only can you make your own ammo and recover the used ammo, but it's nearly silent and won't draw attention. It's a great weapon to have IMO.

But when you're down to one arrow (like he is) you're F'd if there's more than one "walker".

Last edited 11/17/11 11:56AM server time by emfleek

Post #39   11/17/11 11:56:18AM   

ChrisSabal

Go Cubs Go!

ChrisSabal Avatar

Career:807-565
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by cowcatcher

But when you're down to one arrow (like he is) you're F'd if there's more than one "walker".

well he also has a knife. Which I don't know why he didn't use when there was 2 zombies.

Post #40   11/17/11 12:41:06PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ChrisSabal

well he also has a knife. Which I don't know why he didn't use when there was 2 zombies.

You're playing with fire if you're close enough to a zombie to use a knife.

If he would have had a gun, everyone else back at the farm would have heard him shoot it and would likely have come looking for him to help.

Last edited 11/17/11 12:45PM server time by emfleek

Post #41   11/17/11 12:45:22PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,343-1,317
Chips:
But would the help get there faster than the walkers would?

In the first episode of the series Rick learned that even a single gunshot attracts any nearby zombie that hears it.

thats the main reason they use sticks, shovels, crossbows etc. Guns are only a last resort.

I'd still want to be carrying one though.

Post #42   11/17/11 1:26:57PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

I'd still want to be carrying one though.

Exactly. There's no reason he can't at least carry a pistol. To only have a crossbow (with one arrow) and a field knife is ludicrous.

Going back an episode or two...

Why on Earth would you waste an arrow on the zombie that had hung itself from the tree? Pointless.

Post #43   11/17/11 1:42:48PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:
Thoughts on this past episode?

The Andrea/Shane thing was cheesy. I'll say that much.

Last edited 11/22/11 9:19AM server time by emfleek

Post #44   11/22/11 9:19:10AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Thoughts on this past episode?

The Andrea/Shane thing was cheesy. I'll say that much.

"Go on then"

Everything is out in the open now. My guesses: The barn walkers will be blowing the sweet thing they have going on at the farm before they are even forced to leave. Shane is off the deep end and going to slip about what happened to Otis and probably will end up killing someone else. I'm expecting a few deaths coming up in the next episode or two. Things are going to be really interesting from here on out. The next episode has a chance to be the best of the season by far.

Post #45   11/22/11 9:37:01AM   

Page 3 of 12     1     2     3     4     5     6   >>