Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

One-armed Daniel Cormier already prepping for Strikeforce bout with Josh Barnett

Print  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Daniel Cormier can bounce back from a busted hand because he's the Wolverine.

If he was a mere mortal and not a (fictional) superhero character, he might have been forced to bow out of the Strikeforce heavyweight grand prix finals in which he meets Josh Barnett (31-5 MMA, 2-0 SF).

"Because I am Wolverine, I was able to get the cast off," Cormier (9-0 MMA, 6-0 SF) joked during Monday's new edition of HDNet's "Inside MMA."

Until a few weeks ago, this cast sheathed Cormier's right hand, which he broke on the skull of Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva during their fight in the semifinals of the grand prix. In a stunning rout, he stopped the Brazilian in the first round to earn a spot in the tournament finals.

Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker told the program that the finals are scheduled for the first quarter of 2012. A date and venue have yet to be finalized.

LINK

Post #1   10/25/11 9:04:48PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:519-361
Chips:
id be so pissed if he had to back out. this tourney is one of the only things keeping strikforce alive. i know they still got alot of good fighters but you know the UFC is getting ready to cannibalize the organization

Post #2   10/25/11 11:43:18PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

id be so pissed if he had to back out. this tourney is one of the only things keeping strikforce alive. i know they still got alot of good fighters but you know the UFC is getting ready to cannibalize the organization

I think Strike Force is already dead. The blow has been delivered and it is just a matter of time before the oxygen runs out.

Post #3   10/26/11 1:41:28PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by tcunningham

I think Strike Force is already dead. The blow has been delivered and it is just a matter of time before the oxygen runs out.

Agreed. They've already lost their HW, LHW and WW champions and now Dana is saying he's willing to take Melendez at any time if needed.

Post #4   10/26/11 5:15:26PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
when is the tentative date for this fight? cuz i dont see SF lasting past new years day.

maybe they will put the fight on a UFC card? main event of a fight night

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #5   10/26/11 5:47:26PM