Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Cheick Kongo vs Matt Mitrione fight new co-main event for Oct. 29 in Las Vegas

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:3,026-1,730
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Hard-hitting heavyweights Cheick Kongo and Matt Mitrione have been promoted to the co-main event of UFC 137: "Penn vs. Diaz," now that welterweight fighters B.J. Penn and Nick Diaz are headlining the pay-per-view event on Oct. 29, 2011, at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.

LINK

Post #1   10/19/11 11:40:14AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
This fight is not being discussed that much but I think it will be a great fight. Both fighters are bringing different elements to the table and I can see this fight going either way. For Kongo, he has already solidified himself as a ufc caliber fighter but for Mitrione, this fight will either make him or break him.

I like this match up. It is a classic case of brains vs brute force.

Post #2   10/19/11 12:05:42PM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:
I love this fight, glad its being put in the spotlight. Its huge for Mitrione is he wins, will be a tough battle. I can see a second coming of a zombie knock out. I think Mitrione wins TKO round 2

Post #3   10/19/11 12:27:25PM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
I hope that Kongo performs well and wins by KO.

Mitirone is new, and will have time to get better and for now, Matt helps bolster the middle tier of a top heavy- HW division.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #4   10/19/11 12:43:16PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:
What was Cain looking at? The clock???

Post #5   10/19/11 12:55:47PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,671-1,523
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

This fight is not being discussed that much but I think it will be a great fight. Both fighters are bringing different elements to the table and I can see this fight going either way. For Kongo, he has already solidified himself as a ufc caliber fighter but for Mitrione, this fight will either make him or break him.

Uh...who's the brains?

Also, how would a loss here break Meathead, a 5-0 fighter that's only ever fought in the ufc?

Are you just typing out random sports analysis sayings?

It ain't over till the fat lady sings. Whoever wins just wanted it more. It's the grizzled vet vs. the young up and comer.

Ok that is kind of fun. Mine almost made more sense than yours and I wasn't trying though...

Post #6   10/19/11 1:21:50PM   

BigCountryFedor

Banned for Cheating

BigCountryFedor Avatar

Career:653-352
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:
Mitrione by KO

Post #7   10/19/11 1:24:42PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by KungFuMaster

Uh...who's the brains?

Also, how would a loss here break Meathead, a 5-0 fighter that's only ever fought in the ufc?

It ain't over till the fat lady sings. Whoever wins just wanted it more. It's the grizzled vet vs. the young up and comer.

Ok that is kind of fun. Mine almost made more sense than yours and I wasn't trying though...

Don't make me F5 you. I have been known to F5 the likes of my kids, nieces and nephews. Do you want to be on my list of victims?

Post #8   10/19/11 1:59:00PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,671-1,523
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by KungFuMaster

Uh...who's the brains?

Don't make me F5 you. I have been known to F5 the likes of my kids, nieces and nephews. Do you want to be on my list of victims?

At first I thought you were going to refresh me because I'm staring at my keyboard, then I realized you just cut a WWE promo on my ass.

Post #9   10/19/11 2:01:32PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,126-652
Chips:
Kongo is my boy and aside from his package grabbing ways, I enjoy watching him fight. I would like to see a 2nd round tko out of him but if he is unable to resist the urge to utilize is super good wrestling, a very boring UD for him.

Post #10   10/19/11 2:02:52PM   

Dberntson

In Full Mount

Dberntson Avatar

Career:1,124-652
Camp: Burlingtonians Only
Chips:
I dont think this fight should be the co-main event. Its a fight between two mid level fighters, neither of which are within a close shot at the title. This is a perfect example of the UFC promoting the heavier fighters over the lighter fighters in order to appease the casual fans who think the better fighters are the bigger fighters. The co-main event should be Cerrone vs. Siver. This fight actually matters in the title picture. They both will also bring it.

Post #11   10/19/11 2:46:06PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,566-924
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Meathead has wanted Kongo for a while but they refused the fight in the past because they thought he needed more experince but this will be a good learning experince for Mitrione win or lose.

Post #12   10/19/11 3:47:48PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Kongo is my boy and aside from his package kneeing ways, I enjoy watching him fight. I would like to see a 2nd round tko out of him but if he is unable to resist the urge to utilize is super good wrestling, a very boring UD for him.

fixed

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #13   10/19/11 5:05:46PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 40-51

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,660-1,039
Chips:
SLUGFESTTTTTTTTTTTT

Post #14   10/19/11 6:07:50PM   

Wolf

MMA Regular

Wolf Avatar

Career:378-248
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:
Mitrione by KO inside the first. No other outcome I see.

Post #15   10/19/11 6:33:32PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2