Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Cesar Gracie on B.J. Penn vs. Nick Diaz - 'Let's Make it Five Rounds'

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Bubbles

Penn did gas is a mostly striking affair with Frankie both times. Penn and his camp knows his cardio isnt very good and will only stick to 3 rounds because he can win the first 2 and coast in the 3rd when he begins to tire.

i would love to see this as a 5 rounder...the fans deserve this. everyone wants it besides Penn, his camp, and his nuthuggers

Legally your point is bullshit. Against Diaz he would tire in a 5 round fight, against Diaz he would tire by round 3, but he i mot likely gonna knock Diaz out in a couple minutes anyway because he has no chin and his recovery isnt gonna be fast enough.

IMO Penn would have walked through Cyborg rather than getting hi legs hurt so bad he had to win by sub.

In the Frankie fight youre not giving Frankies wrestling enough respect. first fight was 3-2 decision striking, second fight was 5-0 because of the excellent timing of the wrestling.

Your gonna see Diaz THINK he can box by throwing a lot of punches with solid range and no head movement, it will give Penn fit for the whole 1-2 minute it takes Penns boxing to time Diaz.

Diaz has no chin yet hes only been finished by strikes once in his career...or the fact that Daley couldnt finish him. i would take Daley all day over Penn in a striking match...he is more explosive and diverse....and Diaz knocked him out.

open you blind, biased, and uneducated eyes. your 2nd paragraph is so stupid it belongs on sherdog. also i said "in a MOSTLY striking affair" with Frankie. how many TDs were scored in the 1st fight? two at most?

speed frustrates Penn. Edgar's speed was too much, GSP's speed he couldnt handle, and Diaz is relentless in his striking combos.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #16   10/19/11 4:52:46PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Penn just went on record at the conference call stating that he'd love to make it a 5-round affair but has heard nothing from the UFC about doing so.

SHOCKING NEWS: Nick Diaz isn't on the call.

if thats the case, then both he and Diaz should pressure and demand that it would be a 5 round fight.

Posted by Pookie

Penn's conditioning isn't top level, but his endurance is. You may not understand what i mean by that, but it's half of what goes into cardio.

Most of the fighters gassed in Abu Dhabi, and Penn still won that fight. The second fight Penn was figured out from the get go, he didn't fade late in the fight, he was off the mark the whole time. Your Frankie Edgar example is apples and oranges.

im pretty sure i know what you are talking about (what one would call "heart of a champion"). but lets be honest, if a fight isnt going his way late into the fight, he doesnt seem to be able to put anything significant together (vs Fitch, Edgar, GSP in recent memory)

i guess we differ in that i saw Penn losing their first fight. him being "off the mark" can also be attributed to him not being able to keep up, handle, and last with Edgar's pace...which in turn can be associated with his conditioning/cardio/etc.

Last edited 10/19/11 5:10PM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #17   10/19/11 5:00:54PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:2,843-1,756
Camp: country KO
Chips:
I'm guessing that there are a bunch of legal reasons that this won't happen, and I also think this would be the UFC's decision more than either of the fighters.

Post #18   10/19/11 5:35:16PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by machodog76

I'm guessing that there are a bunch of legal reasons that this won't happen, and I also think this would be the UFC's decision more than either of the fighters.

It would be the ufc's decision but both fighters have to agree to it. They were initially scheduled for 3 rounds; they have every right to contest the change.

Anyway, I cannot believe Penn is that ****** or brave - however you want to look at it - to accept a 5 round fight.

*Increasing bet on Diaz*

Post #19   10/19/11 5:42:51PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,949-1,115
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Legally your point is bullshit. Against Diaz he would tire in a 5 round fight, against Diaz he would tire by round 3, but he i mot likely gonna knock Diaz out in a couple minutes anyway because he has no chin and his recovery isnt gonna be fast enough.

Dude. . . that was possibly the worst piece of posting I've ever seen on this site. So bad on so many levels. Grammar, premise, and logic are completely absent.

What in the world makes you say that Nick Diaz has no chin? I've heard all kinds of legit knocks on Diaz, but no chin is not one of them. That's just crazy. He has taken hard shots from all kinds of heavy handed fighters. Paul Daley, Gomi, and Robbie Lawler come to mind off the top of my head.

"Legally your point is bullshit." WTF? I will have to remember that one.

Post #20   10/19/11 6:40:14PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,239-734
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Billy Madison-

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may God have mercy on your soul.

(Thanks kopower)

Dirty Blue

Post #21   10/19/11 6:58:29PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,618-946
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

Posted by ghandikush

Billy Madison-

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may God have mercy on your soul.

(Thanks kopower)

Props.

"Legally your point is bullshit".

Anytime someone begins an argument by saying that their opponents point is "bullshit" you can pretty much tune out. 99% of the time everything that follows such a comment is going to be crap.

Post #22   10/19/11 10:38:05PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,660-1,415
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
That is the very min the ufc could do is make it a 5 rounder and pay
Greedy penn some extra cash

Post #23   10/20/11 12:17:15AM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by jjeans

Posted by ghandikush

Billy Madison-

(Thanks kopower)

Props.

"Legally your point is bullshit".

Anytime someone begins an argument by saying that their opponents point is "bullshit" you can pretty much tune out. 99% of the time everything that follows such a comment is going to be crap.

It i legal bullshit, period. To ay that the UFC and a fighter in the UFC can just change an already signed 3 round contest to 5 just because, and without Penn wanting it. Biggest trash, tell me exactly where I'm wrong since you all didnt misread it. I challenge you.

I said very clearly that the first fight was a mostly striking affair in Penn Frankie, the second one was being looked at as if Frankie was outstriking penn but it was the wrestling that told the tail.

Dont get too dumb reading my truthful comments though.

By the way Diaz' chin i hit, he get rocked every time he get touched hard, his recovery keeps him alive.

Last edited 10/20/11 3:20AM server time by ghandikush

Post #24   10/20/11 3:19:09AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

It i legal bullshit, period. To ay that the UFC and a fighter in the UFC can just change an already signed 3 round contest to 5 just because, and without Penn wanting it. Biggest trash, tell me exactly where I'm wrong since you all didnt misread it. I challenge you.

I said very clearly that the first fight was a mostly striking affair in Penn Frankie, the second one was being looked at as if Frankie was outstriking penn but it was the wrestling that told the tail.

By the way Diaz' chin i hit, he get rocked every time he get touched hard, his recovery keeps him alive.

obviously they cant just change it verbally. they need to rework the contract, and if both parties want to, it will get done. i havent heard one fan yet say they are against moving it to a 5 round fight...and Dana is all about "what the fans want."

oh guess what, every fighter who gets hit hard gets rocked. even guys like Rampage, Cote, Stout and Hunt (all known for granite chins) get rocked on occasion. under your line of thinking, everyone has a bad chin

Last edited 10/20/11 11:29AM server time by bubbles

Post #25   10/20/11 11:29:10AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by ghandikush

obviously they cant just change it verbally. they need to rework the contract, and if both parties want to, it will get done. i havent heard one fan yet say they are against moving it to a 5 round fight...and Dana is all about "what the fans want."

oh guess what, every fighter who gets hit hard gets rocked. even guys like Rampage, Cote, Stout and Hunt (all known for granite chins) get rocked on occasion. under your line of thinking, everyone has a bad chin

This is how you handle a hostile situation. ^^^^ Props

Post #26   10/20/11 11:56:04AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

thanks dude. ive spent like 3 years on sherdog so im used to handling those types of postings....his posts are the norm there lol

Post #27   10/20/11 1:08:10PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by KungFuMaster

thanks dude. ive spent like 3 years on sherdog so im used to handling those types of postings....his posts are the norm there lol

Still doesnt change the fact that each fighter has to willingly sign a new contract for the fight. As for the weak chin, look at how often he gets knocked down period. This means one of two things, he sucks at protecting his chin (which he does) or he has a less than mediocre chin and excellent recovery.

I am a Diaz nutthugger, but I know the difference between talent and excitement. I'm sure I'll never get another prop again on this site but as of now the "Sherdog" poster has a higher prop ratio than you........ Also a better bankroll and higher season rank to boot.

All a result of lesser knowledge and poor points I am sure.

Last edited 10/20/11 1:55PM server time by ghandikush

Post #28   10/20/11 1:54:00PM   

Hendo67

MMA Sensei

Hendo67 Avatar

Career:1,066-730
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
Prop Ratio's? haha, now we're about 90 yards from the point.

Post #29   10/20/11 1:55:46PM   

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,386-1,258
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

but as of now the "Sherdog" poster has a higher prop ratio than you........ Also a better bankroll and higher season rank to boot.

All a result of lesser knowledge and poor points I am sure.

Post #30   10/20/11 1:58:09PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3