Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Antonio McKee: 'I'd Like to Vote Dana White Out of the UFC'

Print  
Do you agree with what McKee is saying??
Yeah, he's absolutely right 10 18%
No, he's completely delusional 47 82%
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,847-1,629
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
"I'm here for the sport. I've been getting a lot of static about the stuff I've been saying about the UFC, and how I've been blasting them, but, at the end of the day, everyone, whether they like me or dislike me, whether they are a UFC fan or not a UFC fan, one thing they will say, if they're honest, is that McKee is right. I've been bashing away at Dana White for the way he talks about fighters, calling them p*ssies, calling women c*nts, and F this and F that, calling unions a bunch of idiots. You're an icon of the sport. The last thing we need is an icon showing this type of behavior to people who are engaging in this sport and support it. We need somebody to step up, that has a little bit of integrity and a little bit of respect for fighters, whether they're good fighters or bad fighters, the fact that they're fighters, and just show a little bit more appreciation. I'd like to vote Dana White out of the UFC and bring in somebody that has a little bit more courtesy and common sense, because this guy's definitely smoking some dust."

- Antonio Mckee

LINK

Last edited 10/15/11 4:00PM server time by budgellism
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   10/15/11 3:59:45PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,545-881
Chips:
the fighters need a union

Post #2   10/15/11 4:02:33PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,279-1,225
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
While I think Dana could definitely tone it down a bit and be more professional at times, I do like how he doesn't mask his feelings. I can't pick a side on this one. Dana is so passionate about this sport that it's hard to knock him. I do wonder though, if the UFC blows up on FOX, how the general public will take his antics.

Gun to my head, love him or hate him. I pick love him. It's rare you find an individual, not just running a team, but a professional organization, with as much heart as Dana. The one figure that comes to mind somewhat comparable to White, is Mark Cuban. They both have driven personalities, that will do whatever it takes to get the job done.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #3   10/15/11 4:16:51PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,503-878
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Mckee's statement reminds me of what Tito said about Dana once. (Paraphrased) "Ask anyone off camera or in a back room what they think of Dana and it won't be nice".

But anyhow, I think some of the comments touch upon what I said a month or so about Dana and the sport of MMA. He's without a doubt what the sport has needed to help get it running on two feet,yet that doesn't mean he's always going to be good or right for the sport. I guess only time will tell.

Post #4   10/15/11 4:27:28PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Whatever little sleep Dana gets already, I don't think he'll lose anymore over McKee's comments.

Post #5   10/15/11 4:31:23PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,310-1,223
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I'm surprised to see McKee dragging Dana's name through the mud. I figured he would just lay on it.

Post #6   10/15/11 4:41:25PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Sorry No No No

Post #7   10/15/11 5:12:26PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
dana is probably the single most important name for MMA today and a huge reason why this sport is what it is. love him or hate him, our sport needs him.

Post #8   10/15/11 5:36:30PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,903-1,083
Chips:

Posted by kopower

While I think Dana could definitely tone it down a bit and be more professional at times, I do like how he doesn't mask his feelings. I can't pick a side on this one. Dana is so passionate about this sport that it's hard to knock him. I do wonder though, if the UFC blows up on FOX, how the general public will take his antics.

Gun to my head, love him or hate him. I pick love him. It's rare you find an individual, not just running a team, but a professional organization, with as much heart as Dana. The one figure that comes to mind somewhat comparable to White, is Mark Cuban. They both have driven personalities, that will do whatever it takes to get the job done.

I don't love him or hate him.

Zuffa is the catalyst behind what MMA is today, and the best hope for fulfilling its potential. Dana is the face of the company and it is to a large extent his vision (although I think people would be surprised what his real role in the company is these days, he is literally just the face now with power to override everyone except Lorenzo. . . he doesn't make the matches, scout the talent, handle hiring and firing plan the events, or take the lead on TV and sponsorship deals) and rightfully deserves all the adulation for it.

But just because I love that part of it doesn't mean I have to like it every time Dana embarrasses himself or the sport with ridiculous behavior. We are quickly getting to the point where Dana has the potential to be a bigger liability than he is worth. If he were to go off on someone the way he went off on Loretta Hunt in a situation that could get imputed to FOX, they are not gonna care how much it appeals to 18-34 yr old males, heads will roll.

Post #9   10/15/11 5:49:44PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,252-1,525
Chips:
We care about what Antonio McKee says because? Sour Grapes. Antonio...ain't nobody going to flock behind you bro. If you wouldn't have been runnin' your mouth about the UFC you might have had a chance to get back with them after a few wins in the "minors". From personal experience I have learned that sometimes it is best to just stfu.

Post #10   10/15/11 6:14:55PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 41-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,803-1,537
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

dana is probably the single most important name for MMA today and a huge reason why this sport is what it is. love him or hate him, our sport needs him.

Post #11   10/15/11 7:11:00PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,847-1,629
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

I'm surprised to see McKee dragging Dana's name through the mud. I figured he would just lay on it.

zing

Post #12   10/15/11 7:11:50PM   

TheBlackChip

MMA Regular

TheBlackChip Avatar

Career:775-367
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:

Posted by kopower

Agree completely with this.

Like almost every truly great figure in the history of sports and human existence in general, Dana White has a personality that is so in your face and so unashamed that it can't help but divide people. However, I do think most fans of MMA and the fighters that compete therein appreciate what Dana does for the sport, and wouldn't have it any other way. I mean, would you rather have Bjorn Rebney or Scott Coker running the show? Or in mainstream sports how about David Stern? Think about it, those guys always give the PC answer, and never bash their athletes or cuss or say inappropriate things but at the same time, nobody really cares about them or what they have to say. It's all just blah, blah, blah every time they talk because you know they're programmed to promote the machine and not much else. Dana gives it to you how it is, while at the same time remaining true to his goal of making the UFC a household sport throughout the world. I don't know how much more you could realistically ask for.

Post #13   10/15/11 8:59:17PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,632-1,680
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Why? So we could have the same lock outs as the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL....they just got insurance! They just got on network tv! The only things needed to be fixed in MMA right now is the judges, and the stupid knees to the head of a grounded opponent rule. If they really want to be cool they could lower the rates of PPVs while they were at it but please, let's try to stay realistic.

Post #14   10/16/11 12:27:38AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,518-1,294
Chips:
Antonio McKee has also said "I feel like I'm the Muhammad Ali of MMA" and is trying to get a network to pick up his attempted reality show Fight School TV if I'm remembering correctly. This may be just to get his name back in the news since his fights are beer breaks for most of us.

Post #15   10/16/11 5:16:29AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2