Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

In Shock!(Hill vs Emerson)

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

the-james

Standup Guy

the-james Avatar

Career:891-471
Chips:
how the hell did all three judges give that fight to HIll he landed what two glancing jabs the whole round, Emerson didnt do much either but his legs kicks had Cory wobbling, just dont get it. Moving Forward souldnt Count for anything it doesnt cause damage .

Last edited 5/10/07 11:05PM server time by the-james
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   5/10/07 11:05:28PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by the-james

how the hell did all three judges give that fight to HIll he landed what two glancing jabs the whole round, Emerson didnt do much either but his legs kicks had Cory wobbling, just dont get it. Moving Forward souldnt Count for anything it doesnt cause damage .

Moving forward should only count when you are throwing strikes or trying to shoot.

Post #2   5/10/07 11:10:20PM   

the-james

Standup Guy

the-james Avatar

Chips:

Moving forward should only count when you are throwing strikes or trying to shoot.

Exactly!

Post #3   5/10/07 11:11:51PM   

Ydoc

Belt Contender

Ydoc Avatar

Career:1,371-849
Camp: Camp David
Chips:
That was bullshit. Its Tait vs. Josh all over again. Rob had him in the standup and on what little ground we saw. Judges need to learn how to give points to leg kicks, because this is the second time (Jardine vs. Bonnar) someone was cheated due to little to no credit being given to the leg kick in the UFC.

Post #4   5/10/07 11:23:08PM   

scoozna

Annoying since 2007

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,400-1,329
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Pretty lame...

You can't say that BJ didn't do his job - screaming the whole time, trying to get Emerson to engage. If you don't go for it you leave it up to the judges to decide.

Emerson said something at the end like it's been his biggest problem his whole "career".

Post #5   5/10/07 11:47:26PM   

shackle

Standup Guy

shackle Avatar

Career:152-97
Chips:
dana said it right pretty much "Emerson was fighting to not lose... not to win"

I mean come on corey just said he had no real pro fights. Emerson one of penn's better fighters should of ran over him.

It was very close IMO. the judges do give points for the person moving froward. So that maybe what gave it to cory in the 3rd round.

Cory has alot of work to do but he could be a great fighter, but I don't think he will be winning TUF.

Post #6   5/11/07 12:07:40AM   

the-james

Standup Guy

the-james Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Ydoc

That was bullshit. Its Tait vs. Josh all over again. Rob had him in the standup and on what little ground we saw. Judges need to learn how to give points to leg kicks, because this is the second time (Jardine vs. Bonnar) someone was cheated due to little to no credit being given to the leg kick in the UFC.

Post #7   5/11/07 12:27:06AM   

JBatch

In Full Mount

JBatch Avatar

Career:779-491
Camp: Triumph
Chips:
i thought Emerson won it be4 the the third. I had the first a tie and the 2nd for Emerson. Legs kicks honestly can't count for much in the UFC scoring system.

I do have to say that Joe Lauzon is a beast, that elbow he just missed would a sent Geraghty into next week.

Post #8   5/11/07 1:03:48AM   

KnuckleSandwich

Learning to Sprawl

Career:81-53
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
Emeroson could have dominated if he would thrown that leg kick more... He was way too passive , Hill won more than Emerson lost if that makes sense...

Post #9   5/11/07 3:04:43AM   

johny_rotten

Standup Guy

johny_rotten Avatar

Career:125-71
Camp: 518 Death Squad
Chips:
Leg kicks can't count for much? An affective strike should be weighed more than moving forward. The only significant shots were 3 brutal leg kicks that stopped Cory in his tracks. It wasn't like Cory excelled at any other aspect of the game. There was no grappling, no one controlled the octagon, the only score was affective striking by Emerson that came in the form of leg kicks.

Post #10   5/11/07 3:14:21AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by the-james

WHAT?!?!?! I had been watching it at the bar next to where I work and had left before the decision, because I thought it was obvious Emerson took it. I can't even fathom this.

Corey Hill landed exactly 1 solid punch and almost lost the fight for the ten seconds it was on the ground. He looked absolutely terrible out there.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #11   5/11/07 3:25:37AM   

wkm311

MMA Regular

wkm311 Avatar

Career:66-37
Camp: Kamikaze
Chips:

Posted by shackle

I mean come on corey just said he had no real pro fights. Emerson one of penn's better fighters should of ran over him.

Exactly, he didnt do what he needed to do in order to win the fight. He didnt step into distance and throw, he did throw some nice leg kicks, but thats about it. Your not going to win a fight at that level rushing in from the outside.

Post #12   5/11/07 7:59:32AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,055-1,156
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by shackle

It was very close IMO. the judges do give points for the person moving froward. So that maybe what gave it to cory in the 3rd round.

Cory has alot of work to do but he could be a great fighter, but I don't think he will be winning TUF.

I agree, re watched it twice just to make sure. My initial thought was the first round was close but Corey initiated almost all contact and landed on a 3 to 1 advantage. 2nd round was close with Corey pushing the action and landing more punches,but Emerson doing more damage. with leg kicks. Corey's inability to effectively GnP and Emerson's attempted sub give him round 2 for me. Round 3 not much done , but Corey initated most contact and landed more punches( 2 looked like they did good damage). Emerson had 3 good leg kicks that did more damage IMO , but octagon control and agression are 2 of the judging criteria. It could have gone either way, but I would actually narrowly score it for Corey. Most of all I don't like the idea of a guy who lost fair and square coming back on the show to advance. Corey made his weight and Gabe got booted. After watching that fight I think Corey would have beat Gabe. So in the end, justice wins out in my mind.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #13   5/11/07 8:58:21AM   

MMA

Pimpin

MMA Avatar

Career:672-349
Chips:
I also thought Emerson won too, but oh well. Hill sucked a lot, he was all talk man. The guy hardly used his ranged even though Emerson was scared to come in. I guess Hill must hit pretty hard or something because it obviously deterred him from getting inside (even though it looked like Emerson was getting the heavier shots in). Some of those leg kicks were devastating from Emerson, he should have threw more of them but he was scared of getting TD, even though when he did get TD, he had Hill in an ankle lock.

Let's face it, they both sucked. Dana was right, everything was there for Emerson to take the win but he fell short (even though I thought he won). Like Hill plain sucked after all that talk (which is understandable since this was his first ever professional fight). I see Hill getting eliminated in the semi-finals.

Post #14   5/11/07 10:06:12AM   

Leland

Standup Guy

Leland Avatar

Career:92-44
Camp: Polk Fight Club
Chips:
i think Emerson won. That was too close to even decide really. Total draw it looked like. I would have said Emerson on the mean leg kick's. He was ripping them to him, cutting him down like a tree! Lauzon put on a great show

Post #15   5/11/07 10:31:33AM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3