Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

GSP vs Condit

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

ike134

Learning to Sprawl

ike134 Avatar

Career:751-506
Camp: The Tokyo Bacon Wolves
Chips:
My prediction...GSP running right through Condit!

Post #1   10/14/11 5:32:19PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by ike134

Like a knife through butter.

Post #2   10/14/11 6:31:48PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by ike134

Punchers chance, other than that hell yeah.

Post #3   10/14/11 6:42:43PM   

karn501

In Full Mount

karn501 Avatar

Career:134-103
Chips:
things like this are exactly why gsp needs to be beaten don't get me wrong i like him he's a beast but he has been on such a roll that everyone he faces gets automatically counted out i do believe he will beat condit but i also thought serra had no chance in the first fight anyways pretty much every time i see a post about gsp fighting someone (along with a few other fighters) it is pretty much all gsp all the way which he has earned but people tend to forget that the reason this sport is so loved is because it is so unpredictable that being said gsp is going to destroy condit

Post #4   10/14/11 11:35:33PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,500-1,283
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by ike134

I can cut through butter in under 25 minutes.

Post #5   10/14/11 11:51:13PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,887-1,050
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by ike134

Post #6   10/14/11 11:59:11PM   

40ouncetpkid

Belt Contender

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:289-174
Camp: Octagon Winners
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by ike134

I actually like Condits chances though here, I think Condit is the most dangerous fighter GSP has ever faced whos the most dangerous off their back. Note I didn't say best bjj, but just the most dangerous off his back in preferably his guard. All Condit does is attack, attack, attack on the feet and on the ground off his back and thats what you need to beat GSP because usually GSP stays too comfortable outjabbing people or outwrestling them with no threat from the bottom but Condit will attack on the feet and could knock him out or catch him in a submission.

This is MMA and I like Condits chances better then almost anybody elses in the division.

Post #7   10/15/11 2:39:40PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,460-1,306
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Yeah 10 more days till I fly out to vegas for it

I won't feel bad if condit beats gsp
Another 25 min decision is getting old now

Post #8   10/16/11 1:53:44PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Chips:
Only guy to ever have a reach advantage on Gsp.

Post #9   10/16/11 10:19:19PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by ike134

I do it in half a second.

KFM>GSP

Post #10   10/17/11 12:57:20AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,166-696
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
There are a lot of factors which are going to give GSP fits. This man is so confident that nobody can take him down that mentally he's in the right mind frame. He isn't afraid to throw knees.
GSP isn't a fighter he's a mixed martial artist. As we discovered against Shields if he gets hurt it messes his head up. He's fine giving a beat down but he can't take one. We've only seen him in real trouble once in his whole career. The thing about Diaz was that GSP knew if he starting getting jacked on his feet he'd be able to take him down with ease, and then could recover or try to in the active guard of Diaz, thing about Condit is, a hurt GSP isn't going to be able to take Condit down.

If Condit can land just a couple of clean shots of GSP it will be a whole different game.

GSP's last 9 opponents have landed 193 significant strikes. That averages at 21 Per opponent.

Matt Serra stopped GSP in 20 punches.

The fighters who really make that number so high was Jake Shields, John Fitch and Thiago Alves. THEY COVER 75% (145) OF THE SIGNIFICANT STRIKES THAT GSP'S LAST 9 OPPONENTS HAVE LANDED ALONE.

Which means the other 6 opponents averaged 8 strikes on him (Koscheck x 2, Serra, Hardy, BJ Penn and Matt Hughes)

Those stats are crazy to even get your head round.

I say all this because GSP's lack of killer instinct is all based on the fact people love him, he's not in there to fight, he's in there to participate in Mixed Martial Arts. I don't believe he likes finishing opponents as I don't think he likes to get hurt himself, there's a mental block in his head that makes him a good guy. I say this based on that he was able to break Josh Koschecks orbital with the first punch but Josh stood there for 25 minutes taking repeated jabs to it and as soon as the game changes for 2 out of 5 rounds with Jake Shields his whole gameplan goes out the window and he starts complaining other fighters don't even tell there corner they've broken there hand. I know GSP nearly finished Dan Hardy but the truth is he didn't but somehow Lytle was able to...

I'm not saying I think Condit will win, but if Condit lands and GSP looks hurt the fight will be over for GSP.

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #11   10/17/11 5:44:11AM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,466-874
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
GSP UD.
We should all know this routine by now.

Post #12   10/17/11 10:19:16AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

There are a lot of factors which are going to give GSP fits. This man is so confident that nobody can take him down that mentally he's in the right mind frame. He isn't afraid to throw knees.
GSP isn't a fighter he's a mixed martial artist. As we discovered against Shields if he gets hurt it messes his head up. He's fine giving a beat down but he can't take one. We've only seen him in real trouble once in his whole career. The thing about Diaz was that GSP knew if he starting getting jacked on his feet he'd be able to take him down with ease, and then could recover or try to in the active guard of Diaz, thing about Condit is, a hurt GSP isn't going to be able to take Condit down.

If Condit can land just a couple of clean shots of GSP it will be a whole different game.

GSP's last 9 opponents have landed 193 significant strikes. That averages at 21 Per opponent.

Matt Serra stopped GSP in 20 punches.

The fighters who really make that number so high was Jake Shields, John Fitch and Thiago Alves. THEY COVER 75% (145) OF THE SIGNIFICANT STRIKES THAT GSP'S LAST 9 OPPONENTS HAVE LANDED ALONE.

Which means the other 6 opponents averaged 8 strikes on him (Koscheck x 2, Serra, Hardy, BJ Penn and Matt Hughes)

Those stats are crazy to even get your head round.

I say all this because GSP's lack of killer instinct is all based on the fact people love him, he's not in there to fight, he's in there to participate in Mixed Martial Arts. I don't believe he likes finishing opponents as I don't think he likes to get hurt himself, there's a mental block in his head that makes him a good guy. I say this based on that he was able to break Josh Koschecks orbital with the first punch but Josh stood there for 25 minutes taking repeated jabs to it and as soon as the game changes for 2 out of 5 rounds with Jake Shields his whole gameplan goes out the window and he starts complaining other fighters don't even tell there corner they've broken there hand. I know GSP nearly finished Dan Hardy but the truth is he didn't but somehow Lytle was able to...

I'm not saying I think Condit will win, but if Condit lands and GSP looks hurt the fight will be over for GSP.

I agree. I am also one of those who thinks GSP does not like to hurt or finish his opponents. The guy is so talented but so reserved in most of his fights. I think the only fight in which he was intent on giving a beat down was against Matt Serra part II. We all saw the Hardy fight in which GSP could have ripped out Hardy's shoulder. We all saw how he could have tko-ed Koscheck but was content on simply winning a decision.

I said this before: I think GSP can do so much more in the octagon but he rather not because he doesn't really want to ruin any fighter's career.

I also agree with you that GSP does not like getting hit like Machida. (Nobody likes to get hit but these two really go out of their way not to get hit )

For GSP and Machida, once they get hit hard ( and it doesn't even have to be anything that stuns them ) it will affect their confidence and game plan because they will now be worried about getting hit again.

So yes, I agree Condit has a legitimate chance.

Post #13   10/17/11 1:22:53PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Chips:
I really dont think he chose not to finish Hardy/Koscheck, but rather that he didn't think the risk/reward was worth it.

The whole doesnt want to damage a fighters career arguement doesnt make sense to me. Considering a clean Tko will put you out 6 months at the most, while repetitive damage to a broken eye can actually ruin you for life.

Post #14   10/17/11 2:49:49PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,556-1,465
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

I really dont think he chose not to finish Hardy/Koscheck, but rather that he didn't think the risk/reward was worth it.

The whole doesnt want to damage a fighters career arguement doesnt make sense to me. Considering a clean Tko will put you out 6 months at the most, while repetitive damage to a broken eye can actually ruin you for life.

I agree completely. The guy likes being the champ and he doesn't want to risk not being the champ anymore so he fights to not lose. He can get away with that and avoid taking risks because he's a superior MMArtist and it's tough to find any real hole in his game other than finishing ability. He doesn't mind hurting people at all, he just doesn't like hurting them if his own safety(and that of the belt) is at risk when he does so.

EDIT: I like Condit's chances as much as any other WW's right now, even if he gets taken down he's active enough to have a shot at something, and his reach standing should make it an interesting fight wherever it goes. Would I pick against GSP? No way.

Last edited 10/17/11 2:59PM server time by cowcatcher
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #15   10/17/11 2:58:23PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2