Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Vinny Magalhaes to Help Train Fedor Emelianenko? Not Unless M-1 Pays

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,762-985
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Earlier this week I shared the word that M-1 was planning to bring grappling champion Vinny Magalhaes in to help train Fedor Emelianenko for his bout with Jeff Monson. MMA Mania's Brian Hemminger recently sat down with Magalhaes and the subject came up. Vinny made it very clear that he has no intention of helping out unless the Russian's team pays him for his time.

From the interview:

Brian Hemminger (MMAmania.com): There's a report that came out today and I've read rumors about this in the past as well that there's the possibility of you helping train Fedor for his fight with Jeff Monson. Is that something that you're planning on doing after your title defense? Are there plans in the works?

Vinny Magalhaes: I've been asked this question a couple times today, nothing actually came up to me yet, I've just heard rumors like the head of M-1 he talked about bringing me to Holland to train with Fedor. That happened before too. My manager tried to negotiate with them and at first they agreed to come, blah, blah, blah but then when it was time for me to go, they said, "A lot of guys will train with Fedor for free just because he's such a legend," but I was like, "I can't go three weeks, not working. I have to pay bills. My son was 2-3 months old at the time. I couldn't train there for free," so I ended up not going.

LINK

Post #1   10/14/11 2:54:07PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
Fedor's management is such a joke. they live in 2007 when Fedor was this unstoppable force. stop thinking he is this great entity and stop expecting people to train with him for free. this just shows the arrogance of his management team and i could only imagine what Dana White had to deal with.

Post #2   10/14/11 3:46:17PM   

legalbuddy

Learning to Sprawl

legalbuddy Avatar

Career:864-558
Camp: UFC Bet League
Chips:
Fedor’s management is retarded. They should just pay him. As a huge Fedor fan his last 3 or fights have been painful to watch because he has no jiu jitsu in his arsenal. He’s thought of as a great grappler but to watch him get mounted by Silva for an entire fight and not make one valid attempt to escape was crazy.

Post #3   10/14/11 4:01:56PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by legalbuddy

Fedor’s management is retarded. They should just pay him. As a huge Fedor fan his last 3 or fights have been painful to watch because he has no jiu jitsu in his arsenal. He’s thought of as a great grappler but to watch him get mounted by Silva for an entire fight and not make one valid attempt to escape was crazy.

i guarantee you he doesn't train bottom mount position. A LOT of fighters don't. it's a shame because you shoul dbe knowledgable and well versed ina ll positions.

for example, you can tell Florian works bottom mount by the way he was able to escape from under Aldo. on the flip side, it is glaringly obvious when a talented grappler does not practice the negative bottom positions like bottom mount/bottom side control. Fedor, and many other fighters, are guilty of falling in love with their own legend/talent.

Post #4   10/14/11 4:19:34PM   

StriderXero

Standup Guy

StriderXero Avatar

Career:88-80
Chips:
I dont blame the guy if he wants to get paid. Leaving his job to train someone for 3 weeks and them not expecting to pay you is fruity.

Just for the trip from Vegas to Holland is nothing but a stress test...

Post #5   10/14/11 4:31:12PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I'm tired of hearing about M-1 and Fedor. He obviously either doesn't see or doesn't care what these guys have done to his career over the last 5-6 years. I guess he's made enough money to live comfortably for the rest of his life, so it probably doesn't matter all that much to him, but as a fan, it's sad to watch what happened and to know what COULD have happened over these last few years.

I'll actually be glad when Fedor retires at this point, because it should be the last we hear from this psychotic management team when he does. M-1 only exists because of Fedor at this point, I'd like to see this organization disappear from the MMA scene permanently, I get a little sick to my stomach every time I read a new article on the way that they do business.

Post #6   10/14/11 5:51:26PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,016-1,193
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Get that $ Vinny

Post #7   10/14/11 5:51:38PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Get that $ Vinny

No, train for free, I mean it' Fedor, in 2006 he wa the bet pound for pound fighter in the world decimating top fighters left and right when Chuck, Matt Hughes, Tim Sylvia, and Takanori Gomi were the top fighters in the world.

Post #8   10/15/11 9:50:28PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
They should pay him and bring em in,m he's well worth the money. One of the best BJJ instructors in the game.

Post #9   10/16/11 1:21:28PM