Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Chael does NOT deserve next shot

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

TeamDEY

Belt Contender

TeamDEY Avatar

Career:152-124
Chips:
I don't understand why people think Sonnen deserves the next shot against Anderson. I guess it's only because of all the trash talking he does. First of all Sonnen Tapped. He TAPPED. This means that Sonnen quit during the fight and Anderson Silva won (for those of you who don't know). After that, he was going to get an immediate title shot? It's only because it is a marketable fight. Sonnen takes over a year off then beats Stann and now what? People think he deserves a rematch??? This is nonsense, Stann hasn't even beat a top 10. The Stann fight was a gimme for Sonnen. IMO Bisping deserves a shot before Chael. It really is annoying how Sonnen can just trash talk his way to a title shot. Lets face it Chael would take Anderson down in the rematch and then prob get submitted. Haters can hate but this is the truth. SONNEN SHIT TALKS HIS WAY TO A TITLE SHOT.

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #1   10/14/11 1:08:48AM   

RustyRedWood206

Learning to Sprawl

Career:11-7
Chips:

Posted by TeamDEY

I don't understand why people think Sonnen deserves the next shot against Anderson. I guess it's only because of all the trash talking he does. First of all Sonnen Tapped. He TAPPED. This means that Sonnen quit during the fight and Anderson Silva won (for those of you who don't know). After that, he was going to get an immediate title shot? It's only because it is a marketable fight. Sonnen takes over a year off then beats Stann and now what? People think he deserves a rematch??? This is nonsense, Stann hasn't even beat a top 10. The Stann fight was a gimme for Sonnen. IMO Bisping deserves a shot before Chael. It really is annoying how Sonnen can just trash talk his way to a title shot. Lets face it Chael would take Anderson down in the rematch and then prob get submitted. Haters can hate but this is the truth. SONNEN SHIT TALKS HIS WAY TO A TITLE SHOT.

IMO Sonnen is Silva only challenge at 185, plus i wanna see the loser leave town, witch will be Silva by the way

Last edited 10/14/11 1:29AM server time by rustyredwood206
Edit note/reason: MY GIFS DIDNT STAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Post #2   10/14/11 1:28:45AM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by TeamDEY

Haters gonna hate.....scared fighters (Andy) will remain scared fighters.

Last edited 10/14/11 1:43AM server time by chael_sonnen
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #3   10/14/11 1:40:44AM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:4,406-2,459
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Sonnen is in line for the next title shot because he gave Anderson by far the toughest fight he's ever had in the UFC, and because the fight will sell a ton of PPV's.

Its a tough sell to claim Bisping is going to give Anderson a more competitive fight than Sonnen and even tougher to claim it will sell more PPV's. I don't get how you can consider Stann a "gimme" and in the same breath talk about awarding Bisping a title shot. What top 10 has he beaten?

the irony of you calling everyone haters after unleashing that hate will make me smile in my sleep tonight.

Post #4   10/14/11 1:49:21AM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
Bisping doesn't deserve anything. he hasn't beaten anyone in the top 15 let alone top 10. Sonnen made the champ look more vulnerable than he has ever looked in his entire career...even including his losses! he did lose, but only after giving Anderson his hardest fight to date.

Bisping, on the other hand, lost to Wanderlei Silva...a man whose only win in his past 4 fights is in fact Bisping! Bisping then went on to beat the literal gatekeeper in Dan Miller, beat a guy who has lost 3 in a row and is now going to WW in Akiyama, and his last win was against an aging Jorge Rivera who isn't anywhere near a top contender...AND he arguably cheated in that fight!

a win over Stann at this point is way more meaningful than any of Bisping's wins. he is getting a title shot because he is without a doubt the second best MW and no one else has earned one. Vitor and Okami were disposed of. Munoz has to beat Leben, Maia lost too recently to a non-champion, Dan Henderson doesn't fight at MW and the otehr top MWs aren't even in the UFC yet.

Chael makes sense, not only hype wise, but fight snese wise as well. he is the best match-up and he will be Anderson's toughest test. i understand that a lot of people think Chael gets where he is because of talking...but not only is that a harsh reality of the sport, but it's not the whole picture. Chael gets to where he is because he DOMINATES his opponents. and with the lack of challengers, he is the only who makes sense.

Post #5   10/14/11 1:53:14AM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:2,945-1,697
Camp: Fight Ducker
Chips:

Post #6   10/14/11 5:23:29AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:2,047-1,306
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by TeamDEY

..................... I'm at a loss for words here.

Post #7   10/14/11 6:10:26AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:3,193-1,750
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Michael Bisping eh... OK.. Sounds like Bisping talked you into thinking he should get the next shot.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #8   10/14/11 7:32:02AM   

TeamDEY

Belt Contender

TeamDEY Avatar

Career:152-124
Chips:
I don't like Bisping at all. Nor do i want to see him get the next shot. But I can see we have a lot of Chael lovers here. But Chael was right, Anderson has been ducking him for 6 years. That is when he was in the WEC (not good enough to make it to the UFC) getting beat by Palahares, then getting beat by Maia. THEN TAPPED to Anderson. Yea he deserves the next shot though.

Last edited 10/14/11 10:18AM server time by TeamDEY
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #9   10/14/11 10:16:33AM   

emfleek

Your Mom Is A Whore

emfleek Avatar

Career:3,180-1,718
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
If not Chael then who? Validate your stance.

Post #10   10/14/11 10:24:42AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
Bisping threatens Silva in no way..

I can see it now when he goes to Dana and says he deserves the fight...

Dana will say, "How do you expect to beat him whats your game plan?" to which Bisping will say, "Well I really deserve a shot"

Dana will say, "Hes better than you in all areas and the fans don't care to see you get your ass beat by Silva cause he dominates you in all areas..."

Nuff said...Bisping would get KTFO by Stann I bet...I think Demain Main would actually sub Bisping...Mark Munoz would handle Bisping...His greatest win was against Chris Leben..

I mean Bisping got KTFO by Dan Henderson who was beaten rather easily by Silva...Theres about 5 guys that easily beat Bisping...He must have been drunk when he said he deserved a shot...

Dana tell him you arent feeding him top contenders cause then tehy would have to cut him for losses and they need him for the UK audience...Apparently he just doesnt know...

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #11   10/14/11 10:40:50AM   

Hendo67

MMA Sensei

Hendo67 Avatar

Career:1,066-730
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
Bispings last wins (these are mma, not directly ufc)

Jorge Rivera, ranked outside of the top 35, 4-4 in his last 8...
Yoshihiro Akiyama, ranked 29, 1-3 in the UFC, arguably 0-4...
Dan Miller, ranked 30, 2-5 in in his last 7...
Denis Kang, ranked outside of the top 35, 3-4-1 in last 8...
LOSS - Wanderlei Silva, ranked outside of the top 35, 2-6 in his last 8...
Chris Leben, ranked 14, 6-6 in his last 12 - biggest win on Bispings resume
Jason Day. ranked outside top 35, 1-5 in his last 6...
Charles McCarthy, ranked outside top 35, 2-3 in his last 5...

Post #12   10/14/11 11:40:15AM   

LuckyCharms

Standup Guy

LuckyCharms Avatar

Career:502-385
Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Bisping doesn't deserve anything. he hasn't beaten anyone in the top 15 let alone top 10. Sonnen made the champ look more vulnerable than he has ever looked in his entire career...even including his losses! he did lose, but only after giving Anderson his hardest fight to date.

Bisping, on the other hand, lost to Wanderlei Silva...a man whose only win in his past 4 fights is in fact Bisping! Bisping then went on to beat the literal gatekeeper in Dan Miller, beat a guy who has lost 3 in a row and is now going to WW in Akiyama, and his last win was against an aging Jorge Rivera who isn't anywhere near a top contender...AND he arguably cheated in that fight!

a win over Stann at this point is way more meaningful than any of Bisping's wins. he is getting a title shot because he is without a doubt the second best MW and no one else has earned one. Vitor and Okami were disposed of. Munoz has to beat Leben, Maia lost too recently to a non-champion, Dan Henderson doesn't fight at MW and the otehr top MWs aren't even in the UFC yet.

Chael makes sense, not only hype wise, but fight snese wise as well. he is the best match-up and he will be Anderson's toughest test. i understand that a lot of people think Chael gets where he is because of talking...but not only is that a harsh reality of the sport, but it's not the whole picture. Chael gets to where he is because he DOMINATES his opponents. and with the lack of challengers, he is the only who makes sense.

Post #13   10/14/11 12:07:45PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:757-423
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

If not Chael then who? Validate your stance.

Thats what I'm saying???

Post #14   10/14/11 1:29:29PM   

LateCold

I paid for this title.

LateCold Avatar

Career:2,140-1,172
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Sonnen has done the best against Silva out of anyone, if not for just that reason then it would be beating people like Marquardt and Okami.While he has a loss to guy like Maia.No one wants to see Anderson Silva vs Damien Maia again.

Really the only other person out there near a title shot or at it would be Mark Munoz and hes teammates with Anderson Silva so its even questionable if he would take it or not.

Sonnen has hyped up the fight pretty well, and its the most sellable.So why not?

Post #15   10/14/11 1:37:42PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2