Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Ed Soares: Anderson Silva Only Has Around Four Fights Left, Sonnen Should Be Back of the Line

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,920-1,662
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Anderson Silva's manager, Ed Soares, recently spoke to SporTV in Brazil and made it clear that Silva is reaching the end of his career. He also stated that Chael Sonnen shouldn't get the next shot.

Here's a clip from the article, translated by Tom Mendes:

"Let's see what the big boss is going to do. My opinion is that he had his chance and tapped, he should go back to the end of the line. The same thing is true with Vitor Belfort. They're great fighters, but they had their chance. Sonnen would make a big fight, as would Dan Henderson and Georges St-Pierre, but we should recognize that Anderson only has around 4 fights left in his career."

LINK

Post #1   10/13/11 8:23:57PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,306-1,232
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Sonnen gave Silva his toughest fight to date. I would love to see the rematch, and the hype that Sonnen would bring could possibly make it one of the biggest fights in UFC history.

If he has 4 fights left, I would like to see him fight

1. Sonnen - If he wins, then
2. Jones - After this fight, I could care less. But if he did win, why not have
3. GSP - If he won this, why not Hendo 1 more time.
4. Hendo

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #2   10/13/11 8:36:49PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,920-1,662
Chips:

Posted by kopower

Sonnen gave Silva his toughest fight to date. I would love to see the rematch, and the hype that Sonnen would bring could possibly make it one of the biggest fights in UFC history.

4. Hendo

This

Post #3   10/13/11 8:45:57PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Chicken....keep running Andy

Post #4   10/13/11 8:52:32PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I really dislike Ed Soares. All he does is talk nonsense. I get that it's his job to protect his fighters' interests, but he just comes across as a real idiot to me every time I read anything he says.

He has proven that he has the best chance of anyone at 185 to beat Anderson, everyone wants to see the rematch, it's happening unless some kind of freak injury pops up, deal with it.

Post #5   10/13/11 9:38:39PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:

Posted by kopower

4. Hendo

I like this, but I would rearrange those fights, personally.

I would go

1. Sonnen
2. Hendo (Depending on how things play out over the next 8 months you could probably swap someone else in here)
3. GSP
4. Jones

I think Jones needs to defend his title a few more times before that "superfight" happens (I don't think it ever will happen to be honest) and since it's the fight that people would be most hyped about, I would save it for last, start putting out rumours, build the hype over the course of a year or so while Jones destroys the LHW division.

If Silva were to beat Jones, I think no one would care about him fighting GSP at all, and especially no one would care about a Hendo rematch.

Last edited 10/13/11 9:44PM server time by Aether
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   10/13/11 9:43:06PM   

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,876-1,035
Chips:
I kind of agree with him. We've known for the last year or so that the end of Anderson's career is quickly coming, so I'd like to see as many original opponents as possible instead of rematches.

Let's say he does have only four fights left..

1. St. Pierre
2. Jones
3. Someone at Heavyweight
4. MAYBE Sonnen if there isn't any new blood making big splashes

Post #7   10/13/11 9:46:53PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,583-1,321
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Gotta disagree with everyone. Anderson vs. GSP is of very little interest to me.

I'd say Sonnen, Bones, and 2 other LHW's. Seeing someone move up a class to fight Anderson I find zero interest in. Anderson has already shown without a doubt that he needs to be the one to move up a class for a competitive fight; not a Welterweight moving up to face him.

Post #8   10/13/11 9:53:17PM   

DeadHead988

MMA Sensei

DeadHead988 Avatar

Career:367-289
Camp: Midwest Training Center
Chips:
Back of the line? Other than superfights, who else is there? Bisping? Munoz? Anderson just doesn't want anything to do with Chael.

Post #9   10/13/11 10:05:23PM   

KoldKhaos

MMA Regular

Career:195-151
Chips:
Sonnen
Hendo
Jones

FEDOR... Just to watch Fedor get his shit pushed in by silva

Post #10   10/13/11 10:13:05PM   

godofdixie

MMA Regular

godofdixie Avatar

Career:1,212-643
Camp: THE NATION OF DOMINATION
Chips:
um...no ed. like it or not, chael deserves the next crack at anderson. if "the spider" can beat sonnen again, then it would make sense to start talking about superfights. oh, by the way ed, anderson silva is my favorite fighter of all time.

Post #11   10/13/11 11:17:23PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Bisping for me. I'd like to see him get decapitated.

Then maybe a super fight.

Post #12   10/13/11 11:32:27PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Blah, blah, blah......when I hear "back of the line" from the Ed & Andy Show, I decipher it to be, "No Mas, No Mas"

Post #13   10/13/11 11:37:09PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,573-914
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Aether

Posted by kopower

4. Hendo

I like this, but I would rearrange those fights, personally.

I would go

1. Sonnen
2. Hendo (Depending on how things play out over the next 8 months you could probably swap someone else in here)
3. GSP
4. Jones

I think Jones needs to defend his title a few more times before that "superfight" happens (I don't think it ever will happen to be honest) and since it's the fight that people would be most hyped about, I would save it for last, start putting out rumours, build the hype over the course of a year or so while Jones destroys the LHW division.

If Silva were to beat Jones, I think no one would care about him fighting GSP at all, and especially no one would care about a Hendo rematch.

I was just about to post exactly this revision. Props.

Hendo could be swapped for a LHW.

GSP would be interesting if and only if he beats both Condit and Diaz. At that point I would want him to move up.

Jones obviously has some work to do in his own division before we can start talking about him getting involved in super fights (which should happen only after a division is more or less cleaned out, LHW is still stacked).

BTW, Anderson via 1st Round Decimation

Post #14   10/14/11 12:43:51AM   

TeamDEY

Belt Contender

TeamDEY Avatar

Career:152-124
Chips:
I actually agree with Soares. Anderson has beaten everyone and Soares really want Anderson to be the one fighter that goes out on top. He has beaten everyone I don't care what you say about Chael he had the fight won and TAPPED. HE GOT FINISHED. I don't understand why people can't grasp this concept. For him to get an immediate title shot after he tapped his just ridiculous. Sonnen will get pounded by Anderson if they fought again. I would like to see Chael vs Maia again. Hopefully Chael won't tap to soon this time.

Post #15   10/14/11 12:58:49AM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3