Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Melendez not coming to UFC, not right away anyways...

Print  
Posted By Message

timothyera

Learning to Sprawl

timothyera Avatar

Career:235-187
Chips:
Anyone have an opinion on Gilbert Melendez defending his Strikeforce title one more time (hopefully) before signing with the UFC? Dana White already said he wanted Melendez "as soon as possible", so maybe he can't make the jump just yet due to contract issues or whatever. I know Melendez is going to be the heavy favorite against Jorge Masvidal but as we all know anything can happen in MMA. I just think it would be a big let down if he happens to lose because there are many match ups for him right now in the UFC that fans would love to see. I'm not saying he should get an immediate title shot or anything, but I wouldn't be against the idea either. I just want to see him in the UFC as soon as possible taking on the best lightweights in the world. Lets just hope Masvidal doesn't spoil all the hype...

Post #1   10/13/11 7:10:25PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,500-1,283
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I like it, because it keeps him headlining a card in a title fight as the LW picture shakes down.

I've always been big on Gilbert,and think he's a top 3 LW, but he better not look past Masvidal's striking and chin. Gilbert would be smart to get this into GNP territory as soon as he gets the opportunity.

Post #2   10/13/11 7:20:41PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,828-1,619
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I like it as well. It's going to be a good fight and only solidify him as a top 5 guy. Plus Masvidal has earned his shot in my opinion and it's already an official fight, why not? I'd like Edgar to fight the Bendo/Guida winner anyways.

Post #3   10/13/11 7:36:54PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
I didn't care when he came to the UFC, I just wanted to see him face Masvidal first.

Post #4   10/13/11 11:30:32PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
Masvidal's coming to the UFC as well so its not a big deal what banner they fight under. Those match ups will be there no matter what and if Masvidal happens to win then those match up are there in brighter lights for him.

Post #5   10/14/11 1:32:41PM