Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 140's Jon Jones knows the only way to Rashad Evans is through Lyoto Machida

Print  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,847-1,629
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Rashad Evans is still hanging over Jon Jones' head.

Today during a press conference in support of UFC 140, Jones' eyes widened at UFC president Dana White's mention of Evans and a recent proclamation of having the champ's number.

But it's Lyoto Machida (17-2 MMA, 9-2 UFC) who is next, and Jones (14-1 MMA, 8-1 UFC) said it would be unwise to take his eye off the immediate task ahead.

"I realize what I could lose in losing the fight that's in front of me now," he said of his headliner at the winter pay-per-view event, which takes place Dec. 10 at Air Canada Centre in Toronto.

Evans was targeted for the winter pay-per-view event before a hand injury he suffered at UFC 132 forced him out of the long-anticipated fight with Jones.

LINK

Post #1   10/12/11 7:43:08PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,545-881
Chips:
he's smart enough to know he can't look past Lyoto, but i wonder how long he can ignore the questions...

Post #2   10/12/11 8:21:24PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
Something tells me Rashad and Jones are pulling a fast one on the ufc. I think they are collaborating an effort to make their fight - one of the most anticipated match ups in ufc history. And by doing so, they will also take home a healthy pay check.

This did not just popped in my head.

Let us recap.
1. Jones pulls out of title fight with Rashad due to injury.
2. Rashad gets booked to fight Davis.
3. Jones heals up miraculously and takes a fight with Rampage.
4. Rashad beats late replacement Tito.
5. Bones beats Rampage and was suppose to take a long break.
6. Bones accepts fight with Machida knowing it will prolong his fight with Rashad.

When Bones and Rashad meet and whether or not it is a title fight, it will be a highly anticipated match and will likely have an excellent draw.

My guess is they are not going to meet until the end of 2012.

Post #3   10/12/11 9:55:37PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,550-903
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Something tells me Rashad and Jones are pulling a fast one on the ufc. I think they are collaborating an effort to make their fight - one of the most anticipated match ups in ufc history. And by doing so, they will also take home a healthy pay check.

Let us recap.
6. Bones accepts fight with Machida knowing it will prolong his fight with Rashad.

When Bones and Rashad meet and whether or not it is a title fight, it will be a highly anticipated match and will likely have an excellent draw.

that....OR

All this time in between the start of the feud will make it stale when it actually happens.

This statement, to me, sounds like an attempt to keep the Jones/Evans fight relevant.

Tito vs Chuck and Chuck vs Wandy were both great fights. But how much better would they have been if they'd happened at the height of their feuds?

Post #4   10/12/11 11:14:59PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Another "Legend" for Bones to dispose of

Post #5   10/13/11 1:01:31AM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by KungFuMaster

Let us recap.

that....OR

All this time in between the start of the feud will make it stale when it actually happens.

This statement, to me, sounds like an attempt to keep the Jones/Evans fight relevant.

Tito vs Chuck and Chuck vs Wandy were both great fights. But how much better would they have been if they'd happened at the height of their feuds?

Or they really have no beef and are just doing this to avoid fighting each other as they are still friends...... actually i think its just been random occurrences that have been happening

Post #6   10/13/11 1:24:06AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,045-1,204
Chips:
With every fight each guy takes instead moves me further from excitement. I just hope there's no hiccups till then

Post #7   10/13/11 11:33:00AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,310-1,223
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I'm hoping this doesn't end up like Serra/Hughes or Rampage/Rashad. Quite a bit of trash talking was involved only for the fights not to materialize when they were supposed to. Once the fights were booked and the trash talk started again, it seemed less genuine and quite fabricated.

Post #8   10/13/11 11:40:36AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,478-1,317
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Evans said he will fight again. Don't know who,
By the time jones vs evans does happen it will be the biggest grudge match of all time. Could go over a million ppv buys

Post #9   10/13/11 12:58:42PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,045-1,204
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

Evans said he will fight again. Don't know who,
By the time jones vs evans does happen it will be the biggest grudge match of all time. Could go over a million ppv buys

not if they wait too long and it fades from the publics minds. What happens is other fighters move into contention and fans start talking about those guys against the champ. Jones vs Evans is still a fight I wanna see, its just the longer they wait, the less I think about it

Post #10   10/13/11 1:17:06PM