Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Silva's camp: Sonnen crossed a line, not in position to determine champ's return date

Print  
Who wins the rematch?
Anderson Silva 35 49%
Chael Sonnen 37 51%
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Hendo67

MMA Sensei

Hendo67 Avatar

Career:1,066-730
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
Stann was apparently going to wait it out until 3 seconds left in the fight to sub Chael as well, unfortunately Chael got him first.

Post #16   10/11/11 3:39:34PM   

asronn

Learning to Sprawl

Career:900-608
Camp: FIGHT FORUM
Chips:
I just dont understand how people say Sonnen destroyed Silva in their 1st fight. At no point was Sonnen even close to finishing the fight. As far as IMO if you are on top of someone for 20 minutes "destroying them" you would finish. Thats not what happened. There is no doubt he was winning but he was by no definition destroying Silva

Post #17   10/11/11 7:46:35PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by asronn

I just dont understand how people say Sonnen destroyed Silva in their 1st fight. At no point was Sonnen even close to finishing the fight. As far as IMO if you are on top of someone for 20 minutes "destroying them" you would finish. Thats not what happened. There is no doubt he was winning but he was by no definition destroying Silva

4 years to make a post? welcome aboard

maybe your definition of "destroying" is different than most. before the hail mary triangle, Silva had the upper hand for maybe 35 seconds of the fight. Sonnen completely dominated and controlled Silva and did virtually everything he wanted to in that fight. how is that not destroying him?

Last edited 10/11/11 8:08PM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #18   10/11/11 8:08:21PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by asronn

4 years to make a post? welcome aboard

maybe your definition of "destroying" is different than most. before the hail mary triangle, Silva had the upper hand for maybe 35 seconds of the fight. Sonnen completely dominated and controlled Silva and did virtually everything he wanted to in that fight. how is that not destroying him?

To be fair Anderson took little damage. I see why ppl say destroy and have no isse with it but I aslo see what he is saying its not like Anderson was ever in danger of being finished. Clearly he was winning 40-36 and in terms of sports he was destroying him.

Post #19   10/12/11 9:57:35AM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
Silva by KOing the most disrespectful fighter of all time. I can't wait for another finish and then Chael has nothing to say...who brings up somebody's wife

Post #20   10/12/11 9:58:12AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2